4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi all - we had our AOS interview yesterday, thought I would add info if it helps anyone:

- They were primarily concerned with tax returns and paystubs, all of which we had and presented. 

- We were only asked where we got married (and half-way through explaining, agent said he had had enough info).

- All of our photos/albums were reviewed, but not questions asked. They did keep a few photos from our wedding (which we have duplicates of).

Overall it was very simple and painless; we hope to get the Green Card within the next few weeks! Hope this helps!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for this info!  

Did you have your paystubs in addition to the last 3 years' tax transcripts or in lieu of transcripts and just with tax returns?  Curious to know if we need pay stubs or proof of assets for 2019 or if the 2016-2018 transcripts are sufficient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I had my most recent 3 paystubs (so 9/1, 9/15, and then 10/1 which deposited early), as well as tax returns from 2016/2017/2018. Basically everything that you sent in with your I-485 AOS package, you should bring with you (copies for them to keep). If you have proof of assets for 2019, I would bring them, but seems like all 2018 info would suffice. They were way more concerned that I had a stable job and have been paying my taxes than anything else. That and make sure your medical is all there (we had an issue with ours; the local doc didn't fill out all the pages so its delayed us). Finances and Medical seemed to be the top concerns. I would honestly just bring every item you have showing income, and then joint finances/marital name changes, etc. 

Hope this helps!

• 4 months later...

Hi, could you let me know how long your whole interview took at the LA office from when you arrived and when you left? We have ours soon and do need to time manage. Congrats on your approval way back then :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.