1,355 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2023 at 12:05 AM, appleblossom said:

No way of knowing unfortunately, it may go back to the date that was in July’s bulletin when October rolls around. But unlike other categories (EB-1) the August bulletin doesn’t specifically say it expects that to happen in Oct. 

I am wondering, are there any F2A from 2017 and 2018 left to take visa as was Current from July 2019 ,why the bulletin visa is retrogressed to 2017 and you think can move forward fast ?

8 hours ago, Jvisa said:

I am wondering, are there any F2A from 2017 and 2018 left to take visa as was Current from July 2019 ,why the bulletin visa is retrogressed to 2017 and you think can move forward fast ?

Yes, of course. Processing takes much longer for many people, some consulates have 2 years + wait just for an interview so even if their category was current they wouldn’t have got a visa before it retrogressed. 

As for why, it tells you that in the VB - "In the April 2023 Visa Bulletin, it was necessary to establish a final action date in the F2A category and Item D of the July 2023 Visa Bulletin warned of the strong possibility of retrogression as early as August.  Number use has remained steady, and it has become necessary to retrogress the final action date to keep number use within the FY-2023 annual limit."

Hopefully it will move in October, good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

VISA CLASS:    F21
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT:    NVC
FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGEABILITY:    INDIA
INTERVIEW LOCATION:    MONTREAL
PRIORITY DATE:    06-MAY-2019

Documentarily Qualified: 06-JULY-2022

Does anyone know if current Retrogression in F2A category will affect my case? I am waiting for interview call at Montreal. 

3 hours ago, PRboy said:

VISA CLASS:    F21
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT:    NVC
FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGEABILITY:    INDIA
INTERVIEW LOCATION:    MONTREAL
PRIORITY DATE:    06-MAY-2019

Documentarily Qualified: 06-JULY-2022

Does anyone know if current Retrogression in F2A category will affect my case? I am waiting for interview call at Montreal. 

Assume you mean further retrogression? As your PD isn’t current as of 1st August anyway? Nobody knows unfortunately, all you can do is keep checking the Visa Bulletin and hope your date becomes current at some point next year. Good luck. 

My PD was current earlier this year. In August 2023 Final Action date retrogressed to 08OCT17.

From Visa Bulletin page it looks like Final Action date will move forward in next fiscal year. 

D.  FAMILY-SPONSORED SECOND PREFERENCE AVAILABILITY

In the April 2023 Visa Bulletin, it was necessary to establish a final action date in the F2A category and Item D of the July 2023 Visa Bulletin warned of the strong possibility of retrogression as early as August.  Number use has remained steady, and it has become necessary to retrogress the final action date to keep number use within the FY-2023 annual limit. F2A numbers exempt from per-country limits are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 01SEP16.  F2A numbers subject to per-country limits are available to applicants chargeable to all countries except Mexico, with priority dates beginning 01SEP16 and earlier than 08OCT17.  All F2A numbers provided for Mexico are exempt from the per-country limit.

Additionally, number use in the F2B category has been steady throughout the fiscal year, and it may become necessary to retrogress the final action dates for Rest of World countries, India, and China in September to keep number use within the FY-2023 annual limit.

These situations will be continually monitored, and any necessary adjustments will be made accordingly.

I had my interview already and unfortunately I was in AP while visa bulletin retrogressed to 2017 .the question is my case will remain in the embassy or will be back to NVC ??please guys let me know if you have any knowledge ,it is very stressful situation for my family,

Hope priority date move forward in October.

Timeline

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations from folks who may have been in a similar situation. My immigration visa type is F3 family sponsored. My sponsor retired earlier this year and I just received the consular interview letter for Montreal. So the question of sponsor financial support might be in question. My spouse and I have sufficient assets and are currently working in the US on a work visa, so I think we can make the case that we don't need the financial support from our sponsor. Any recommendations based on your experience? Thanks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you have 40 Quarters?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, SJP2023 said:

I was Documentarily Qualified in April 2023 and awaiting my interview in Montreal. With the visa bulletin retrogressed to Jan 2018, any idea how long will be the interview wait time. I am new to this forum and some insights will be helpful. Thank you!

What's your Priority Date?

1 hour ago, SJP2023 said:

My Priority Date is 21 July 2021

OK, so as it's not current I don't think anybody can guess unfortunately. All you can do is keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin next year and hope it moves forward. 

Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.