1,282 posts in this topic

Hi guys, just wanted to share some info regarding doing medical exam in Ontario . 
Make sure you have all the required vaccinations before attending the medical exam, because the approved doctor’s office doesn’t have any vaccine at their place, if you don’t have any vaccine they will ask you to do an immunity test that will take 2 or 3 days for the result to come and if you don’t have immunity then you need to take the vaccine . And most of the time they won’t have it in stock and they will have to order it . So plan accordingly. Also the doctor that I visited dr. Randall Lee, is a good doctor but then the staff there is terrible. I called them 4 days before the interview and asked if they sent the medical to the consulate. They checked then and told that they are missing X ray report . The x ray lab is in the same building as the doctors office . They simply didn’t take the papers from downstairs. So careless . If I hadn’t called them to check , they would have delayed it and maybe not even sent the medical to the consulate. I paid around CAD 300 for their service and they were so irresponsible. I then constantly had to keep calling them and finally they sent it the day before the interview to the consulate. The only good thing now is that the doctor send the report to the consulate electronically after COVID started . I went for the medical exam 21 days before the interview date. That’s enough time for them to submit it to the consulate. But they delayed it  due to their mistake, which made stress a lot of the report would be received on time .
I just wanted to inform you all waiting for the interview letter that the medical in Canada is horrible . I heard all the doctors have similar issues. The only thing you can control is that you have taken all the required vaccines before the medical exam .

Hope this information helps someone down the line .

Timeline
1 hour ago, ks7608 said:

Hi guys, just wanted to share some info regarding doing medical exam in Ontario . 
Make sure you have all the required vaccinations before attending the medical exam, because the approved doctor’s office doesn’t have any vaccine at their place, if you don’t have any vaccine they will ask you to do an immunity test that will take 2 or 3 days for the result to come and if you don’t have immunity then you need to take the vaccine . And most of the time they won’t have it in stock and they will have to order it . So plan accordingly. Also the doctor that I visited dr. Randall Lee, is a good doctor but then the staff there is terrible. I called them 4 days before the interview and asked if they sent the medical to the consulate. They checked then and told that they are missing X ray report . The x ray lab is in the same building as the doctors office . They simply didn’t take the papers from downstairs. So careless . If I hadn’t called them to check , they would have delayed it and maybe not even sent the medical to the consulate. I paid around CAD 300 for their service and they were so irresponsible. I then constantly had to keep calling them and finally they sent it the day before the interview to the consulate. The only good thing now is that the doctor send the report to the consulate electronically after COVID started . I went for the medical exam 21 days before the interview date. That’s enough time for them to submit it to the consulate. But they delayed it  due to their mistake, which made stress a lot of the report would be received on time .
I just wanted to inform you all waiting for the interview letter that the medical in Canada is horrible . I heard all the doctors have similar issues. The only thing you can control is that you have taken all the required vaccines before the medical exam .

Thank you so much for sharing this. I didn't know it would require such a follow-up. Is this the same for Montreal as well? Or do you have the option to take it anywhere in Canada? Perhaps folks can recommend if there are better clinics that the US embassy recognizes.

I am still waiting for the embassy to schedule my interview. This information definitely helps me plan in advance. Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Alore01 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I didn't know it would require such a follow-up. Is this the same for Montreal as well? Or do you have the option to take it anywhere in Canada? Perhaps folks can recommend if there are better clinics that the US embassy recognizes.

I am still waiting for the embassy to schedule my interview. This information definitely helps me plan in advance. Thanks again!

In Ontario , there are only 3 approved doctors who could do the medical . I think in Quebec only one . 
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html

In this link , there are list of all the things required to do before the interview and the doctors list in each province .

21 hours ago, ks7608 said:

Thanks for sharing this! 

Is there anywhere I can confirm list of vaccines are required?

17 minutes ago, dhruvroom said:

Is there anywhere I can confirm list of vaccines are required?

Required vaccinations for adult applicants up to 59 years old -- Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Flu (seasonal), COVID.  Details here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

If you've had chickenpox before, the clinic may take your word for it and not require Varicella vaccine.  Full series of shots for COVID will be required prior to the medical, but boosters not required for immigration purposes.

4 hours ago, Chancy said:

Required vaccinations for adult applicants up to 59 years old -- Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Flu (seasonal), COVID.  Details here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

If you've had chickenpox before, the clinic may take your word for it and not require Varicella vaccine.  Full series of shots for COVID will be required prior to the medical, but boosters not required for immigration purposes.

Tdap vaccine should be updated every 10 years , so if you don’t have the proof of taking a tetanus shot in last 10 years, then you need to take it and obtain proof of vaccination.  Chickenpox ( varicella vaccine ) the doctor might check for immunity usually ,if they don’t find the chicken pox marks on your body, some cases they take your word for it . To be sure , do a immunity test and then take a vaccine if you don’t have immunity for varicella .

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I had my interview in Montreal last September, I was issued a 221(g) and submitted all the requested documents by end of December. Today my status changed from 'Refused' to 'Ready' to schedule an interview, I've already did my interview in Montreal, anyone here knows what this 'Ready' means?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Ruby sandhu brar said:

Does anyone know that police clearance certificate is valid for 1 year or two? 

On the Montreal interview checklist, they say that if the police clearance certificate submitted to the NVC is less than 12 months then it’s okay , if it’s been more than one year then you need to issue a new one . But for certain countries PCC, it’s says the validity for 6 months or 3 months , then you might need a new one I guess . But Canadian and Indian PCC is good for a year . I have experience. 

16 hours ago, ks7608 said:

On the Montreal interview checklist, they say that if the police clearance certificate submitted to the NVC is less than 12 months then it’s okay , if it’s been more than one year then you need to issue a new one . But for certain countries PCC, it’s says the validity for 6 months or 3 months , then you might need a new one I guess . But Canadian and Indian PCC is good for a year . I have experience. 

Thank you so much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.