1,282 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ashley28888 said:

They did not ask for additional documents, 

just said additional processing needs to be done and if need more documents we will get back to you, and kept my passport. 

I am just wondering how much time frame it takes for this process ? 
I had everything packed and ready to move. 
I had letters from my lawyers that explained I though overstayed in the system but it doesn’t make me inadmissible 

Their is no time frame, if you search for it they say it could be around from 6 months till 2 years, But i have seen in my family they have issued visa in 3 weeks after they said they need additional processing. Hopefully they wont ask for more documents, they just want to do a little verification on your docs. I hope you will get it soon, very soon.

What did they ask in interview though?

Started with basic questions 

who petitioned ? 
my moms address and my sisters address ( who is my joint sponsor) 

my moms address 

their w2 income verification 

how old was I when I moved to usa ? 
and if I over stayed. 

and that’s when I gave them my lawyers letter that explained it all. 

so they said they will go through the letter later but explain in my words, which I did and she said we will do additional processing and get back to u. 

if we need any documents we will let u know. 

2 hours ago, Har123 said:

@sukhpreetsandhu did you receive any interview change email yet?

@Har123  No  i am not getting reschedule email until now i just got email yesterday from courier service about please  before attend your interview check and make sure you chose correct courier pickup location . but nothing got about reschedule 

15 minutes ago, SukhpreetSandhu said:

@Har123  No  i am not getting reschedule email until now i just got email yesterday from courier service about please  before attend your interview check and make sure you chose correct courier pickup location . but nothing got about reschedule 

Ok  thanks @SukhpreetSandhuGood luck and keep us posted

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, SukhpreetSandhu said:

Whats the date on the courier email? The interview date? Because we got the courier email too and the date was changed on it and they said they have canceled all interviews on 27th and 28th Oct

please check the dates on courier email plus check your spam folder too.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:24 AM, Waqqs said:

Whats the date on the courier email? The interview date? Because we got the courier email too and the date was changed on it and they said they have canceled all interviews on 27th and 28th Oct

please check the dates on courier email plus check your spam folder too.

@Har123 the day was same October 27 

This message is regarding your visa appointment at the U.S. Consulate in Montreal scheduled on 10/27/2022 at 09:00.

Before attending your scheduled appointment, we strongly recommend that you verify the location you have chosen to retrieve your documents to ensure this is the closest place to you. Certain locations are offered free of charge. You have the option of selecting a different location closer to you or even a delivery at your home (address in Canada only) by paying for premium services. To do so, log into your account, go to “Group Actions” then select “Request Premium Delivery.” Please note that you can request this optional service up to the same day of your appointment once you know the outcome of your application. Please check https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/courier  for additional details.
Regards,

U.S. Visa Information Services Support team
http://canada.usvisa-info.com

Hi all,

Just got back from the interview today. I got there 30mins earlier and allowed to get in 15mins prior my appointment time. Was asked for the PPC, birth certificate, 1 photo. The line for immigration interview seemed shorter so my name was called pretty right away. The interview last around 10-15 minutes. The questions were:

- Have you ever lived in any other countries?

- Who is your petitioner?

- Who is the joint sponsor?

- Are you gonna live with your parents?

Then he said my visa was approved and kept my passport. Do you guys know how long the passport is delivered after the interview?

Just got back from the interview today. I got there 30mins earlier and allowed to get in 15mins prior my appointment time. Was asked for the PPC, birth certificate, 1 photo.

Have you ever lived in any other countries?

- Who is your petitioner?

- Who is the joint sponsor?

Then he said my visa was approved and kept my passport

But for  my child they said need apply citizenship because petitioner was recently become citizen  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.