nosleep

Now many notarial certificate copies required?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I understand there is a need for notarized certificates for birth, police check, divorce, etc, but how many official copies of each notarial are required? 

Are there any steps in the process where a standard photocopy is acceptable?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

read the above guides and follow the steps for K1

The number of certified copies is not mentioned, this is why I ask.  If you are familiar with China there are fees that can add up quickly for various notarial certificates.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
47 minutes ago, nosleep said:

The number of certified copies is not mentioned, this is why I ask.  If you are familiar with China there are fees that can add up quickly for various notarial certificates.

It is best to read the portal here for China and get the info you need from past posts 

and Chinese VJ members and their USC partners

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

It is best to read the portal here for China and get the info you need from past posts 

and Chinese VJ members and their USC partners

I have not found any posts regarding this.  This is why I posted in the China sub-forum in hopes of finding someone who has experience with these requirements for CHINA.  Every country is different and this is not listed in the country specific guide. 

What information did China embassy require when you submitted your K1?  How many certified copies were needed and were there any cases where they allowed you to use non certified copies for?

Edited by nosleep

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nosleep said:

I have not found any posts regarding this.  This is why I posted in the China sub-forum in hopes of finding someone who has experience with these requirements for CHINA.  Every country is different and this is not listed in the country specific guide. 

What information did China embassy require when you submitted your K1?

sorry i am Morocco

that is why i did not say about China 

i only said to check guides above to see the stages of K1 and at what step you submit different documents

and to check the China portal and read past posts for information

they are your best guide

good luck to you both

Timeline

We turned in the originals (One birth certificate and One police record) at the interview.  When we had each notarized  before the interview we requested two of each.

I'd have to ask my fiancee how much they charged for extra notarized copies.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, QingCai said:

We turned in the originals (One birth certificate and One police record) at the interview.  When we had each notarized  before the interview we requested two of each.

I'd have to ask my fiancee how much they charged for extra notarized copies.

Thanks, this is the type of information I'm looking for.  We already have 2 of each, but she seems to think we may need 3 of each.  I'm not sure if the third one is just informational or needs to be a certified copy.  I don't know where we will need to provide each of the 3 copies (interview, customs, ??)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello,  

About the birth certification and Non-criminal certification , they were requested to hand in 1 piece of each original(not copy)when in K1 Interview, the document handed in would not be given back to interviewee. As  we considered the birth certification doc. would be requested in application for status changed, and the birth certification doesn't have expire validity, we prepare 3 pieces of it. so when we were in K1 ,We prepared 1piece Non-criminal certification,  and 3pcs Birth certification.

We applied status changed already, when we applied it,  we sent the copy of birth certification as it not got request for original.

Above is our process for your reference. 

Spoiler

Prepping N-400

Timeline

It sounds like we probably only need to have 3 certified birth certificates and 2 copies of everything else should be all that is needed.  When you did the AOS, you only were only required to provide a non-certified copy of the birth certificate?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I believe that my wife got four or five White Book copies of each type of document for her and her son. She was thinking ahead, and I would suggest the same for you. It may be some bucks right now....but what kind of hoops and expense will be involved to get additional While Books after you come to the US?  :idea:  You never know when you will need one and I don't recall seeing too many Chinese notary offices in the States.....?  YMMV

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.