JarodUS

N-400 e-Filing questions US Citizenship

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

i hope i’m not duplicating this topic, This week i started filling my N-400 online form for me and my family, as i’m going through the different sections and entering my information the evidence tab felt a little light :), they asked me for my GC, marriage certificate, my kid birth certificate, that’s it, my question is on the additional evidence do i have to add any other documents like passport copy, a photo, driver’s license,.....

thanks, 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We only included the required evidence with our (paper) submission (page 10 from the link).  I think some folks also upload the information that may be reviewed at the interview (page 11 of the link), that is entirely up to you as you will still have to bring them to the interview.

Good Luck!

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/archive/delete/n-400instr.pdf?download=1

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
38 minutes ago, JarodUS said:

5 years, thx 

59 minutes ago, dilip said:

Is it based on 3 year marriage or 5 year?

I would  add additional evidence: [1] Diver licences [2] Foreign birth certificates (in English)

14 hours ago, JarodUS said:

...This week i started filling my N-400 online form for me and my family...my question is on the additional evidence do i have to add any other documents like passport copy, a photo, driver’s license,.....

Not really, but it's your burden to show you are eligible for citizenship. Go through the eligibility criteria, and decide if/where your case is weak. Then determine what evidence, if any, you need. You can also bring them with you at interview, but I prefer to "front-load" my evidence.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello, i'm planning to file my wife's and my application this coming Wednesday, i have what seems to be a simple question (not for me :) ) about last name that my wife should use, all her ID's (Driver's license, Credit cards, SSN,...) except for her Green card are with my last name (we didn't file a court request for this change), she basically presented our Marriage certificate to the varies agencies and asked them to use my last name., now the question is: what last name should i put for her in the section Your name  "What is your current legal name?""Your current legal name is the name on your birth certificate, unless it changed after birth by a legal action such as marriage or court order. Do not provide any nicknames here." here maiden name or my last name?  Thank you

On 9/18/2019 at 4:17 AM, JarodUS said:

Hello,

i hope i’m not duplicating this topic, This week i started filling my N-400 online form for me and my family, as i’m going through the different sections and entering my information the evidence tab felt a little light :), they asked me for my GC, marriage certificate, my kid birth certificate, that’s it, my question is on the additional evidence do i have to add any other documents like passport copy, a photo, driver’s license,.....

thanks, 

You’ve probably filed already but for 5 year basis that’s totally fine, what we had, just successfully had interview. It’s the marriage based ones where so much more evidence seems to be required. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

You’ve probably filed already but for 5 year basis that’s totally fine, what we had, just successfully had interview. It’s the marriage based ones where so much more evidence seems to be required. 

I didn't file the application yet, i will file it tomorrow at least that's the plan, i was little confused about legal name for my wife. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.