Ms Per

Question Re. Birth Certificate

13 posts in this topic

Hello, I have my daughter’s birth certificate with me but I don’t have the signature as a mother. The reason was my ex boyfriend did register my daughter without me. My question is Am i still My child’s legal mother? Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Ms Per said:

OHello, I have my daughter’s birth certificate with me but I don’t have the signature as a mother. The reason was my ex boyfriend did register my daughter without me. My question is Am i still My child’s legal mother? Thank you.

Your daughter’s birth certificate does not list a mother?

HI! It list me as a mother on the first page. I am talking about the one that you need to sign on the Affidavit of  Paternity and Affidavit of Acknowledgement section.

Just now, Ms Per said:

HI! It list me as a mother on the first page. I am talking about the one that you need to sign on the Affidavit of  Paternity and Affidavit of Acknowledgement section.

7 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Your daughter’s birth certificate does not list a mother?

19 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

You do not know whether you are the legal guardian of your own child?

Hi! My question is if I am still the legal mother since I didn’t get to sign it infront of a government officials. 

3 minutes ago, Ms Per said:

Hi! My question is if I am still the legal mother since I didn’t get to sign it infront of a government officials. 

My guess is that if your parental rights had been removed, you would be aware of that.

Is the Birth Certificate American or Philippines?

The Birth Certificate is a legal document and you are listed as the mother right? If that is the case it does not matter if you signed it or not, you are the legal mother.

I did not sign either of my chidren's Birth Certificate's as I am in a different country. However I am listed as the father on the legal vailid birth certificate, so I am legally the father.

51 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

You do not know whether you are the legal guardian of your own child?

31 minutes ago, Ms Per said:

27 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

My guess is that if your parental rights had been removed, you would be aware of that.

The poster is asking a question, if you can't answer what is the point of posting. No need to be condescending.

I have been researching on it and I cannot find a direct answer to your question.

I would say that the missing signature does not remove your legal right as a mother because there are other ways to show evidences that you are the mother. Some examples that I can think of is 1) the midwife or the doctor's info/signature on the birth certificate; 2) the info on the civil registrar that filed the birth certificate; 3) photos or videos of you with kid, etc. 

The answer is not on this page but it can give you an idea: https://psa.gov.ph/content/faq-civil-registration-procedures-births

Now, the missing signature may be more of a technical error that may be corrected. I would suggest going to the local  civil registry office in the city hall where the birth has been registered and ask about your situation.

Goodluck!

6 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

The poster is asking a question, if you can't answer what is the point of posting. No need to be condescending.

I wasn't trying to be condescending.  I was trying to understand the question and why someone would not know if they had legal parental rights or not.

7 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

The poster is asking a question, if you can't answer what is the point of posting.

May want to review VJ TOS.

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:
1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

The poster is asking a question, if you can't answer what is the point of posting.

May want to review VJ TOS.

I wasn't telling you that you shouldn't post which would be against the TOS. I was trying to understand why someone would post if they are not answering the question being asked 😉

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ms Per said:

Hello, I have my daughter’s birth certificate with me but I don’t have the signature as a mother. The reason was my ex boyfriend did register my daughter without me. My question is Am i still My child’s legal mother? Thank you.

The birth certificate lists you as the mother, then you are the mother.   Whether or not the lack of your signature is an issue   -  @MarryMe987654  gave you a good suggestion ..  Stop by the LCR and ask 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Is the Birth Certificate American or Philippines?

The Birth Certificate is a legal document and you are listed as the mother right? If that is the case it does not matter if you signed it or not, you are the legal mother.

I did not sign either of my chidren's Birth Certificate's as I am in a different country. However I am listed as the father on the legal vailid birth certificate, so I am legally the father.

Thank you for the answer, It’s just so confusing coz when the father doesn’t have the signature it means he is not the legal father,so i was thinking the same thing that it applies to me as I don’t have my signature on the documents. By the way it is a Philippine Birth Certificate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.