CarolineM

My DCF Experience

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

First I want to thank everyone so much for all of your help, and for calming me down when I had no need to worry and for keeping me grounded. We could NEVER have done this without ya'll - esp. Sean and Mellie and Lorelle :) :) I woulnd't have even KNOWN about DCF without ya'll.

I only hope I can now help someone else get through this! Ok onto the good stuff,.

:D

So. We get up at 6:30, shower and leave the hotel. We were within walking distance. I'm sure we looked funny carrying a huge bag and a box of letters...but we had all of our evidence. We had spent the night before in the hotel room going over all of our stuff over and over to make sure we had everything in place. With all the warning to BE PREPARED I didn't want to take any chances.

We got to the consulate at about 7:10. There was a mother/daughter pair there ahead of us so we went and sat in the chairs in the lobby. Hint: Don't. At about 7:25 this Aussie/American couple rolls and sits RIGHT at the elevator...they totally janked our spot...(not sure if that's a word) and then this other guy came and started talking to them ...and also skipped us. GO SIT BY THE ELEVATORS as people are CUTTHROAT! We get on the elevator finally at 7:30 as you can't go up any earlier...and were shoved to the BACK...so at this point, while we were there FIRST (for immigration visas) we were relegated to third because we weren't pushy enough. This sounds retarded but get in the elevator either last, or stand right by the door.

We got off at the 10th floor and waited some more. Now we formed a line outside the reception. The single guy who had gotten ahead of us realized he forgot to get cash. The other couple said, no worries, leave your bag here, we'll save your spot. :huh: Whatever.

Long story short we get through that screening and sit in the seats waiting to head up to the 59th floor. Well, the other couple had come for their interview on Wednesday but had forgotten a form, or someone had forgotten to send it so because their interview letter wasn't the right day, they had to sit in the back and wait. We were at the front meaning now the single guy was fist, and we were second. Just as we were getting on the elevator, they allowed the other couple to get on ...they got in front of us on the elevator meaning they were the first off...making THEM 2 and us number 3. I was peeved...see what I mean? Cutthroat!

Ok so we get through the second screening, take our number and wait. We got in to the main room at almost exactly 8 am. Took a while to get started, then even longer to get to #3 and the #1 guy was NOT organized at all. Didn't know WHAT was going on...It took ages. They called us up, took our stuff...we had Rose. She was abrupt, but nice. Just very no nonsence, which at this point I appreciated. She went through to make sure we had all the things in order JUST as we were told to in the instructions. Guy #1 didn't - he had to wait....we did...no worries. Organization =good. We were told to sit. Waited. Called up again...

Stewart had a DUi in the states. Rose took the paper work for that and said it MAY be a problem. If it was she said we'd have to wait to get the visa because he'd have to have another security check. Needless to say we are now FREAKING out. I'm almost in tears...bad scene. She sends us back down and says wait to go to window 4 and he'll let you know.

We wait. Finally we get called up - WHAT a nice guy! The first thing I see him do is write "Not a CMT" next to where we said he had a DUI and I could breathe again. I was so happy. He asked us:

1. How did you meet?

2. When did you get married?

3. What do you do? (to me)

4. What's the longest you were in the states on anything other than a J-1 visa (Since he had had five J1 visas)

5. Have you been in any other trouble OTHER than the DUI?

That was it :) As we speak i'm at the airport flying home and Stewart is at the consulate getting the visa. He's flying to the states on Thursday :) YTAYAYAY

My only advice *As I can now give it* BE ORGANIZED, stand in the strategic places to go first.

be prepared to wait. We walked OUT at 10:30. In that time (2.5 hours) only THREE immigrant visas were processed...only ONE window was working immigrant visas (poor Rose...) But all in all it was great, it was fine, it was easy and it's done :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
:) thank you for sharing :D

I-129F Sent : 11-22-2005
I-129F NOA1: 12-16-2005
I-129F NOA2: 02-09-2006
NVC Received: 02-27-2006
Left From NVC: 03-02-2006
Consulate Received: 03-15-2006
Interview Date : 03-21-2006 Approved
Visa received : 3-24-2006
Married 6-2-2006
Aos timeline
dec 12 2006 : AOS application mailed to chicago
dec 14 2006 : arrived at chicago
dec 20 2006 : Check cashed
dec 21 2006 : NOA (Missouri Service Center)
jan 08 2007 : Biometric
jan 11 2007 : RFE for I-864
jan 19 2007 : Sent RFE to Lees Summit
jan 26 2007 : Got email from CRIS, received response from request of initial evidence
jan 30 2007 : transfer to California service center
feb 01 2007 : touched
feb 09 2007 : California received
feb 13 2007 : touched
feb 14 2007 : touched
feb 15 2007 : touched
feb 20 2007 : RFE notification from email
feb 21 2007 : touched
feb 28 2007 : RFE in the mail(marriage certificate again)
mar 02 2007: Sent RFE to CSC
mar 09 2007 : Got email, they received response for RFE
mar 12 2007 : Touched
mar 19 2007 : received email from CRIS, Card production ordered
mar 21 2007 : received email from CRIS AOS approved
mar 23 2007 : received Snail mail approval
mar 24 2007 : Green Card arrived (with misspelled mid name)

Caroline

congratulations Sydney are really good Now you both can get on with life

angela

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm so glad everything went well Karo and I am 100% sure that your account of the day will help others too! And here's to yours and Stwart's new life together...no more Saturday nights alone!! Yay!! :D

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

I know I called you and gave my congrats but I gotta do it here too........

congrats46yv.gif

YEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval and have a safe trip home. Your posting should help others that are going thru the consulate, too.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats, karo!! I'm glad that DCF was a good option for you two :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!

I had to laugh, we probably passed each other in the airport. :D

I'm in Sydney and we're getting ready to go through all our stuff this morning. Tomorrow morning I'll be handing in my forms and we'll be able to hand in my husband's DS2001. We still don't have a case number so he hasn't sent that in yet, although we're ready. It's all good!

Thank you so much for the description of your experience, definitely helpful as we will be there at the MLC Center tomorrow bright and early. I'll be sure to bring out my pushy American side for that elevator. :whistle: Not that I'm ever a pushy American. hehehe

Congrats, again! I hope your flight was as empty as mine was!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

2/7/06 I-130 rcvd by NSC, according to FedEx

2/23/06 Discovered DCF option

2/25/06 Sent rqst for Packet to Sydney consulate

2/27/06 I-797C rcvd = rejected due to insufficient funds

2/27/06 Syd Cons. responded

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/6/06 Police check filed

3/9/06 X-Ray completed/Physical completed/ Vaccination & bloodwork started

3/12/06 US 2005 taxes done: Refund pays for the plane ticket!!

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/20/06 Medical update = No Vaccines Needed

3/22/06 Police Report Received

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

3/30/06 I-130 & I-864 Approved!

4/11/06 Visa Interview Scheduled

Congratulations . . . sorry you had the DUI scare. Sydney was a great experience for us as well. :)

11/2000 - "met" online

06/2002 - Met in person in the US for the first time <3

12/2002 - I flew to Australia for the first time

--several international trips here--

Spring 2005 - Decided to file <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->DCF<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

Fall 2005 - Completing forms for I-130

12/19/05 - Marriage in Sydney <3

12/22/05 - Visited consulate; I-130 and I-864 approved!

05/08/06 - Will finally comes "home"! :) :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

karo!

*hugs*

so glad that things went well... other than those little bumps, your stewart will be with you soon!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyy

happy for ya girl! you deserve it!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. This had be gripping my seat for a minute, even though I already knew you were approved from other threads. It was almost like a mystery novel. With a fantastic ending!

Congrats again and again and again. Welcome to happiness.

I love my job.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.