Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

587 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Which government website? Link please.

This is from the US Embassy UK

You are required to furnish an ACRO Police Certificate issued within 6 months of the date of the visa interview. Information on obtaining the police certificate is available from the ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO) website. This police certificate covers the whole of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

You are also required to complete the personal data form VCU1 (PDF), and should provide as much detail as possible concerning your arrests/cautions/convictions, including those in a third country.

Here: under police certificate 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Yeah I saw that UK one too, and many immigration attorney websites state the 6 months one too. 

I have applied for a uk police check today just incase but highly doubt it'll come in in-time for my interview next week. I am pretty confident ill be ok without it. 

2 minutes ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

Here: under police certificate 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Yeah I saw that UK one too, and many immigration attorney websites state the 6 months one too. 

I have applied for a uk police check today just incase but highly doubt it'll come in in-time for my interview next week. I am pretty confident ill be ok without it. 

From the P3 from cananda it states the following

 Police certificates from each country in which the applicant has resided for 6 months or longer since the age of 16. Canadian police certificate(s) must be issued within one year of the visa appointment.

So a current PC is required for the interview/visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

 Police certificates from each country in which the applicant has resided for 6 months or longer since the age of 16. Canadian police certificate(s) must be issued within one year of the visa appointment.

thanks!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Do you know what will happen when if I show up without it? What's my best course of action?

It's a real grey area as I wasn't living there however I was travelling around Europe and my home base for those 4-6 months was the UK and not Canada. 

9 hours ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

Do you know what will happen when if I show up without it? What's my best course of action?

It's a real grey area as I wasn't living there however I was travelling around Europe and my home base for those 4-6 months was the UK and not Canada. 

The statement that I gave you comes from the official P3 letter produced by the embassy so that you will have ALL your documents prepared ahead of time and allowing you to have a smooth interview. If you are missing any documents then you will receive a 221(g) letter outlining just what the adjudicator needs to complete your visa. Without that information you are STUCK in mud. Until you submit the requested paperwork you will be delayed. Don't forget once they receive it there will be a delay of another 2 to ? weeks.

I tell people this all the time "He who has the gold makes the rules" and you don't have the gold. It's best to conform to what is required. If you stayed more then 6 months then you need a PC if you did not stay then you do not need one. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The statement that I gave you comes from the official P3 letter produced by the embassy so that you will have ALL your documents prepared ahead of time and allowing you to have a smooth interview. If you are missing any documents then you will receive a 221(g) letter outlining just what the adjudicator needs to complete your visa. Without that information you are STUCK in mud. Until you submit the requested paperwork you will be delayed. Don't forget once they receive it there will be a delay of another 2 to ? weeks.

I tell people this all the time "He who has the gold makes the rules" and you don't have the gold. It's best to conform to what is required. If you stayed more then 6 months then you need a PC if you did not stay then you do not need one. 

Thank you so much for your help it's really appreciated! I totally agree better to defer the appointment a week now then end up with a 221g and waiting ???.

I wrote out all my travels and i do cut it close to 6 months one year, but I travelled to other countries during those 6 months which I assume I can deduce? 

Definitely going to hope the police check comes in and perhaps choose to defer the interview a week to air on the safer side of things, no point arguing over a day or two. 

On 1/5/2020 at 3:35 AM, AOKS said:

Fiance had his interview today in Abu Dhabi, and after 3 hours, was sent out with a 221g blue slip asking for more chat logs and pictures. He had chat logs from the beginning of our chatting to December, so Im a bit upset that this seems to be over missing what is about 2 weeks of chat. (from the time I mailed him packet to his interview) So, not an outright denial, but not a complete approval. We are both more than upset that this is going to drag out more.

In an unexpected change of events, the embassy called my fiance today and said upon review, no further documentation is needed. They instructed him to go to embassy with passport tomorrow for visa processing! We are very excited!!! Thanks to all who have helped and answered messages! Especially @Asif & Misty, @Greenbaum @MichaelB265 !

Timeline

@Greenbaum

Do i need to make an ammended DS-160 if I travelled to the US after preparing the first one? 

Its missing my latest travel dates to the US. 

Edited by stephnjaxgo2tx

12 hours ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

@Greenbaum Do i need to make an ammended DS-160 if I travelled to the US after preparing the first one? 

Its missing my latest travel dates to the US. 

You can either open your current DS-160 to update or you can wait till you have your interview and update with the CO. Both are options that many VJ'rs use.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

@greenbaum

Once again thank you so much for your help and support during this process. 

I just realized my birth certificate has 2 middle names I do not use of any government Id's,  I have never used them since given at birth nor did I include them in any paperwork I filed for the K1. 

I am wondering what is my best course of action now?

Interview is Jan 30th and DS160 is already filled. 

4 hours ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

@greenbaum

Once again thank you so much for your help and support during this process. I just realized my birth certificate has 2 middle names I do not use of any government Id's,  I have never used them since given at birth nor did I include them in any paperwork I filed for the K1. I am wondering what is my best course of action now? Interview is Jan 30th and DS160 is already filled. 

Best to approach the CO at your interview and explain the problem. This could set you back but I am just shooting from the hip as I have not heard any other cases like this. On a process as important as this I would have thought you would have come forward much sooner in the process where it could have been handled accordingly. I'm sure USCIS caught it from your BC, but I am wondering why you didn't get a RFE to correct your 129f. Oh well. Good luck.

Better yet, I would not say anything and let sleeping dogs lie. If the CO ask then explain it to them if they don't ask don't bring it up. I have seen other cases where I gave this advise and they past their interview and never was asked for their information. I would recommend you do the same.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Best to approach the CO at your interview and explain the problem. This could set you back but I am just shooting from the hip as I have not heard any other cases like this. On a process as important as this I would have thought you would have come forward much sooner in the process where it could have been handled accordingly. I'm sure USCIS caught it from your BC, but I am wondering why you didn't get a RFE to correct your 129f. Oh well. Good luck.

Better yet, I would not say anything and let sleeping dogs lie. If the CO ask then explain it to them if they don't ask don't bring it up. I have seen other cases where I gave this advise and they past their interview and never was asked for their information. I would recommend you do the same.

Ok - thank you! I will let you know how it plays out. I guess no other similar cases could be a good thing? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi,
I have lived in the US previously under a J1 visa. As we need a background check from each country we lived in after age 16 I got my criminal history from the FBI. is it enough? It says : THIS DOES NOT PRECLUDE FURTHER CRIMINAL HISTORY AT THE STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

I thought getting it from the FBI would be enough but I am unsure now.

Edited by GL10

5 hours ago, GL10 said:

Hi,
I have lived in the US previously under a J1 visa. As we need a background check from each country we lived in after age 16 I got my criminal history from the FBI. is it enough? It says : THIS DOES NOT PRECLUDE FURTHER CRIMINAL HISTORY AT THE STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

I thought getting it from the FBI would be enough but I am unsure now.

You do not need a FBI report from the States. Your name has already been run through the FBI system when you submitted the I-129f.

USC petitioner does not required a PCC. When you supply the I-129f his information is run through different Federal and Local for security checks. The beneficiary is the only one required to do complete PCC if they met living in another country, from your home country, since the age of 16 for 6 months or more.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.