Wasa22

Interview waiting for approval

31 posts in this topic

I don’t want to disappoint you but I had the same situation and my ROC got approved 2.5 months after the N400 interview and N400 is still pending till this moment ( it’s been over 7 months) all what I get from them is still under processing. 

Good news is I have seen people with the same situation got approved in few weeks. So I hope you won’t be delayed as me!

12 hours ago, Casablanko said:

I don’t want to disappoint you but I had the same situation and my ROC got approved 2.5 months after the N400 interview and N400 is still pending till this moment ( it’s been over 7 months) all what I get from them is still under processing. 

Good news is I have seen people with the same situation got approved in few weeks. So I hope you won’t be delayed as me!

Did u try to contact congressmen office for help?

14 hours ago, Casablanko said:

Hello! 

I have similar situation, I had interview in May, got my ROC approved in July. Still nothing on the N400, and it has been over 120 days.

can I ask you what steps did you take after interview to ask about your case? 

Has it been 7 months from the interview? No additional evidence requested, no background checks, all clear in your case?

thank you!

10 hours ago, Wasa22 said:

Did u try to contact congressmen office for help?

8 hours ago, Nayda said:

Hello! 

I have similar situation, I had interview in May, got my ROC approved in July. Still nothing on the N400, and it has been over 120 days.

can I ask you what steps did you take after interview to ask about your case? 

Has it been 7 months from the interview? No additional evidence requested, no background checks, all clear in your case?

thank you!

I didn’t contact my congressman office. From what I heard usually you get the same answer you get when you file a case out of processing time. 

I filed 2 cases out of processing time and got a response to wait for 90 days. I also sent a letter to the IO letting him know ( in case he didn’t know) that I got the ROC approved. And I didn’t get any letters from USCIS regarding background check or RFE

My entire case was not out of processing time but it turned that way 3weeks ago. I’m just waiting two more weeks for the 90 days to expire. 

I’ll submit a new one soon, if I get the same answer, I’ll probably send a letter to the director of the office, if I don’t hear something different, I’ll seek a legal action against USCIS. 

7 hours ago, Casablanko said:

I didn’t contact my congressman office. From what I heard usually you get the same answer you get when you file a case out of processing time. 

I filed 2 cases out of processing time and got a response to wait for 90 days. I also sent a letter to the IO letting him know ( in case he didn’t know) that I got the ROC approved. And I didn’t get any letters from USCIS regarding background check or RFE

My entire case was not out of processing time but it turned that way 3weeks ago. I’m just waiting two more weeks for the 90 days to expire. 

I’ll submit a new one soon, if I get the same answer, I’ll probably send a letter to the director of the office, if I don’t hear something different, I’ll seek a legal action against USCIS. 

Do u know what’s processing time for ROC?It has been almost 2 years since I applied.

3 hours ago, Wasa22 said:

Do u know what’s processing time for ROC?It has been almost 2 years since I applied.

I haven’t been following the ROC anymore but you should find out that easily from the ROC threads. Follow the one with the same month you applied in. Mine took 2 years and 4 months for no reason! Once we were called out for an interview we were approved in 15 mins. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/28/2019 at 2:24 PM, USS_Voyager said:

Something is wrong there. It probably was approved. It might not show but it had to be approved. Or are you saying you were naturalized and everything but your I-751 is still pending?

I-751 still pending. Just got mail that I-751 interview is scheduled for November. So will see what happens...I'll call and tell them that I'm citizen. what is the interview for.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:25 PM, Nitas_man said:

Seems your ROC got approved during that gap.

I-751 still pending. Just got mail that I-751 interview is scheduled for November. So will see what happens...I'll call and tell them that I'm citizen. what is the interview for.

NVC Process wiki - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

AOS Journey:

3/10/2017: Filed I751 at California Service Center

3/2/2018: Filed N400 - San Antonio TX

3/14/2018: i751 Case transferred to Local Office

9/25/2018: Interview scheduled for N400, November 13th

Timeline
On 8/28/2019 at 3:56 PM, geowrian said:

When was your I-751 approved? I'm presuming it was done before or at the same time as the N-400. As noted by both law and policy, it would have been a mistake to have approved the N-400 with a pending I-751.

AOS Journey:

9 minutes ago, MaLo said:

Then they probably will tell you that your N-400 was approved in error, you are not in fact, a US citizen and will have to get the I-751 approved first. What a mess. 

On 10/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, MaLo said:

Be extremely careful to whom you make the claim of being a Citizen. You are not a Citizen until you have your i-751 & N400 approved and have taken the Oath Of Allegiance. 

They are the people that will make you a Citizen so when you are one they’ll

know. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/16/2019 at 12:06 AM, Downloader said:

Be extremely careful to whom you make the claim of being a Citizen. You are not a Citizen until you have your i-751 & N400 approved and have taken the Oath Of Allegiance. 

They are the people that will make you a Citizen so when you are one they’ll

know. 

I'm claiming to be US citizen because i've taken oath of allegiance, have my US passport and have travelled out of country and came back.

AOS Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.