Sunny_Skies123

Pre-Submission Anxiety - Any Words of Advice Appreciated!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

I have officially finished assembling the K-1 packet for my Canadian fiancé. I am extremely nervous about submitting in case we get an RFE or refusal. The packet is assembled as follows:

- Entire packet in a black binder, with each sheet in a plastic sheet protector.

- G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transaction

- G- 1145, e-Notification 

- Cover Letter

- Form I-129F (Handwritten in black ink due to issues with typing.) Signed at petitioner's page and we each signed for our additional information sheets.

- Copy of bio page of passport

- Passport photos for each of us, paper clipped to a piece of paper with our names on the back in pencil, dates in pen.

- Letters of intent for each, signed

- 11 photos of us, each dated with a description of where we were in each photo. 

- Copies of boarding passes from two of our trips.

- Fiance's I-94 travel record.

I also included binder tabs on the bottom to make it easier.....any issues that anyone has noticed? I am extremely nervous to submit this, and we took our photos on August 2, so I have to do it this week. Any advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sunny_Skies123 said:

Hello all,

I have officially finished assembling the K-1 packet for my Canadian fiancé. I am extremely nervous about submitting in case we get an RFE or refusal. The packet is assembled as follows:

- Entire packet in a black binder, with each sheet in a plastic sheet protector.

- G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transaction

- G- 1145, e-Notification 

- Cover Letter

- Form I-129F (Handwritten in black ink due to issues with typing.) Signed at petitioner's page and we each signed for our additional information sheets.

- Copy of bio page of passport

- Passport photos for each of us, paper clipped to a piece of paper with our names on the back in pencil, dates in pen.

- Letters of intent for each, signed

- 11 photos of us, each dated with a description of where we were in each photo. 

- Copies of boarding passes from two of our trips.

- Fiance's I-94 travel record.

I also included binder tabs on the bottom to make it easier.....any issues that anyone has noticed? I am extremely nervous to submit this, and we took our photos on August 2, so I have to do it this week. Any advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!

Lose the binder ..

lose the plastic sleeves for anything except things that might fall out

Clip everything together with a single paper clip 

your file is going to be deconstructed ( binder goes first )

placed in a USCIS file (plastic sleeves gone now ) 

passed from one worker to another , through multiple sections , agencies and into your home country  before your interview. 

If you’ve taken the time to thoroughly read and understand the documents and forms , have checked for required supporting documents , filled your forms according to the instructions , then you’ve done everything you can. 

The only way to 100% avoid either an RFE or a denial is to not ever apply !! But that also 100% guarantees that you’ll never get approval either 🙄

So , take a deep breath, package it up simply, pay the fee, and go for it !!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Lose the binder ..

lose the plastic sleeves for anything except things that might fall out

Clip everything together with a single paper clip 

your file is going to be deconstructed ( binder goes first )

placed in a USCIS file (plastic sleeves gone now ) 

passed from one worker to another , through multiple sections , agencies and into your home country  before your interview. 

If you’ve taken the time to thoroughly read and understand the documents and forms , have checked for required supporting documents , filled your forms according to the instructions , then you’ve done everything you can. 

The only way to 100% avoid either an RFE or a denial is to not ever apply !! But that also 100% guarantees that you’ll never get approval either 🙄

So , take a deep breath, package it up simply, pay the fee, and go for it !!!!

I was originally going to fasten it all together with a clip, but I couldn't find a two hole punch anywhere to use fasteners. I was also worried that I would somehow screw up the hole punching and have it sent back. I know other people have used binders.

10 minutes ago, Sunny_Skies123 said:

I know other people have used binders.

USCIS specifically requests no binders.  Use a heavy-duty clip, or a large paper clip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.