Wtatuffy

221g and DNA request

25 posts in this topic

Has anyone had experience with the DNA request process? My fiancee was given a 221g with a request for dna to prove she is the mother of her daughter. This is even after supplying a birth certificate and several other documents. With in hours after finding this out I placed the order for the dna test from a company in Cincinnati Ohio called DDC. They are on the list that the US embassy in Manila accepts. They mailed the swab kit out the very next day. The problem we are having is when the package arrived in Philippines customs it seems to have stalled there. The company used DHL for shipping. It just updates daily with the terms "clearance event" and states the "the shipment is being cleared under Diplomatic entry". Has anyone had experience with shipping to the embassy and does this seem normal? Thanks for any help provided. 

Screenshot_20190825-093304_Chrome.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional Forum, from K1 Progress reports - The OP needs country specific answers.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Wtatuffy said:

Has anyone had experience with the DNA request process? My fiancee was given a 221g with a request for dna to prove she is the mother of her daughter. This is even after supplying a birth certificate and several other documents. With in hours after finding this out I placed the order for the dna test from a company in Cincinnati Ohio called DDC. They are on the list that the US embassy in Manila accepts. They mailed the swab kit out the very next day. The problem we are having is when the package arrived in Philippines customs it seems to have stalled there. The company used DHL for shipping. It just updates daily with the terms "clearance event" and states the "the shipment is being cleared under Diplomatic entry". Has anyone had experience with shipping to the embassy and does this seem normal? Thanks for any help provided. 

Screenshot_20190825-093304_Chrome.jpg

Far as I know St. Luke's is the only designated hospital for completing the DNA swab test sampling .. I would think the kit should have been delivered directly to the embassy and then to SLEC

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/DNA-Information-Sheet-Final-March-2018.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks for responding.  Yes the kit was mailed directly to the embassy but it seems like it's not making it through customs. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience a delay in customs similar to what I'm experiencing now. The kit was addressed to  this address. US Embassy Consulor section-FPU 1201 Roxas Blvd. Ermita 1000 Manila Philippines attn. DNA-IV

Timeline
10 hours ago, Wtatuffy said:

Thanks for responding.  Yes the kit was mailed directly to the embassy but it seems like it's not making it through customs. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience a delay in customs similar to what I'm experiencing now. The kit was addressed to  this address. US Embassy Consulor section-FPU 1201 Roxas Blvd. Ermita 1000 Manila Philippines attn. DNA-IV

Yup that is the address listed in the letter I read.

This isn't all that rare of package, not sure why customs would be delaying its release.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...

Update: September 6th 2019. On this day the US Embassy received our test kit. The issue we had was DNA Diagnostic Center in Cincinnati Ohio made a mistake on the shipping label. They listed the description of the package contents as being "Small Bottle" while the receipt in the packing list listed stated it was a DNA test kit. This resulted in Customs not releasing the package. My fiancee was able to convince the courier DHL to follow up with Customs after a lot of struggle. He reported back to her the following day stating he had to sign a release form personally to get the package processed.  I will continue to update this post so others will have an accurate timeline and detailed description of the DNA submission process to the issuance of the k1, k2 visas 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Wtatuffy said:

Update: September 6th 2019. On this day the US Embassy received our test kit. The issue we had was DNA Diagnostic Center in Cincinnati Ohio made a mistake on the shipping label. They listed the description of the package contents as being "Small Bottle" while the receipt in the packing list listed stated it was a DNA test kit. This resulted in Customs not releasing the package. My fiancee was able to convince the courier DHL to follow up with Customs after a lot of struggle. He reported back to her the following day stating he had to sign a release form personally to get the package processed.  I will continue to update this post so others will have an accurate timeline and detailed description of the DNA submission process to the issuance of the k1, k2 visas 

Glad you found the issue and were able to get the kit through customs.    Hope all goes well from here forward.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 5:25 AM, Hank_ said:

Yup that is the address listed in the letter I read.

This isn't all that rare of package, not sure why customs would be delaying its release.

Really, you not sure why customs would be delaying?

It called customs is the reason

ChickBoy

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is the timeline to date. My fiancee was set an appointment to get the swab completed finally. The date for the swab was September 15th I think. The test kit was returned to DDC in Cincinnati immediately after the swabs were taken. DDC took several days to supply the results to the embassy electronically.  We only found out the embassy recieved the results after calling the DDC to inquire. My fiancee in the meantime had to have her appendix removed uggg. She got out if the hospital and mailed her passports to the embassy. On the 10th of october her case online was updated to administrative processing...Still waiting since then for any news.

Timeline

Thanks for the update.

Glad all is well with your fiancee.

Keep daily tabs on CEAC status at this point.    Hopefully all will go smoothly from here forward 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I'm checking every day. We have been talking for nearly 5 years. My last visit there I stayed four months to spend time with her and her daughter. I wish I could have stayed until this process was over but it wasn't possible. I miss her terribly and just want us to be able to start our lives together. I'll post any new information as it happens.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.