haben4

Case been sent back to USIS

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My Husband Is in Lagos Nigeria,have already had interview January ,2018 we have been in administrative process and now they sent our case Back to USCIS. For what reason they have not told us they it is being reviewed it's been there for 6 months and it's with an officer but don't no when it will finish just for us to wait it's at Potomac ..this been 2years we bee going through this wow I miss my husband.anyone going through this  or have any suggestions

On 8/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, haben4 said:

My Husband Is in Lagos Nigeria,have already had interview January ,2018 we have been in administrative process and now they sent our case Back to USCIS. For what reason they have not told us they it is being reviewed it's been there for 6 months and it's with an officer but don't no when it will finish just for us to wait it's at Potomac ..this been 2years we bee going through this wow I miss my husband.anyone going through this  or have any suggestions

My case was in AP and then sent back to Uscis previously. For me, I was sent an intent to revoke and had a last chance to send in any new evidence. After that, my case got revoked. I went though this whole process for maybe 4 years and just reapplied again this year. 

July 28 2011- Married :dancing:

April 1 2013- Sent I-130

April 2 2013- NOA1

Nov 14 2013-Transferred to NSC

Nov 21- File touched

Jan 10, 2014- Approved! (NOA2)

Jan 13, 2014- Shipped out to NVC

Jan 27, 2014- Received by NVC

March 6,2014- Received Case Number and requested Case Number Change

March 9, 2014 -Sent in DS-261

March 10,2014 - Paid AOS Fee

March 22, 2014 - Sent in AOS Package

March 25,2014 - Paid IV Fee

March 26, 2014 - AOS Package picked up by a B.Standish

March 28, 2014 - IV fee shown as PAid

March 31, 2014 - Send corrections to AOS Package

April 1, 2014 - Corrected Aos Package received and signed by N Visa Center

April 5, 2014 - Case number changed finally

April 11, 2014- Got checklist for AOS

April 17, 2014- Submitted DS-260

April 18, 2014- Sent in IV package and AOS checklist

May 14, 2014- IV Checklist

May 16, 2014- Sent in IV Checklist

May 23, 2014- IV Checklist received

June 25, 2014- Case Complete

July 2, 2014- Receive CC email

July 11, 2014- Interview email received

July 21, 2014- Medical Done

Aug 26, 2014- Interview

Case in AP :ranting::ranting:

Oct 23, turned in needed documents

Case Updated- July 22, 30, Aug 5, Nov 2, Nov 4, Nov 8, Nov 15+16 (2015)

Nov 16-told to go to Embassy

Update Nov 29 + 30

Nov 29 - Gave Refusal Sheet :cry:

Informed that Case is being sent back to USCIS with intent to revoke :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Jan 12-13, 216 Case Date Update on CEAC

Feb 12,2016-Update on USCIS, case under review

Oct 14, 2016 NOIR sent out, received OCT 18, 2016

Dream-dj.png

Timeline

We are still in AP but now With USCIS haven't gotten anything from them telling us why it was sent back or asking for any information just it's with an officer and to wait  I was told if it was sent back after the interview then it possible it may be some issue and it may be denied we got married in Lagos Nigeria January 25,2017 and filed cr1 in February 2017 and here we are in 2019 still going through and waiting  for them to process us our whole life is on hold.. also the officer I spoke to said maybe they don't believe the marriage is real..that is crazy if it's not real why go through all this ..who has time for the kind of scurnity they are taking us through this is making our marriage stronger and we love each other even more Thank God we are Christian and I believe God is going to see us through we have the Victory in Jesus

Hopeful...

On 8/22/2019 at 3:25 PM, haben4 said:

Do you have an attorney

On 8/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, olaO said:

Hi, I have similar problem, but I know the reason why my husband's case was sent back to USCIS from Lagos Embassy to Department of State and then USCIS. It was sent to USCIS back in December of 2018 and nothing yet till now, no update whatsoever.

Take heart!

Do you have an attorney 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mrs Hippo said:

Do you have an attorney

Do you have an attorney 

No I spoke to an attorney when it was sent back and she told to wait until the tell me reason it was sent back or denied then contact an attorney

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, haben4 said:

she told to wait until the tell me reason it was sent back or denied then contact an attorney

That's good advice..........then you can address their claims specifically and strongly..........good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Yeah, I am sorry you are going through this. But all you can do it wait. What I ended up doing was filing a FOIA to see if I could find anything to help me reapply. I am still not sure why my case was labeled as fraud but hope that this round is better.

It is definitely a long and hard journey when something like this happens, hope it turns out okay for you. Keep trying and don't think about why others are approved and why yours is taking so long. 

July 28 2011- Married :dancing:

April 1 2013- Sent I-130

April 2 2013- NOA1

Nov 14 2013-Transferred to NSC

Nov 21- File touched

Jan 10, 2014- Approved! (NOA2)

Jan 13, 2014- Shipped out to NVC

Jan 27, 2014- Received by NVC

March 6,2014- Received Case Number and requested Case Number Change

March 9, 2014 -Sent in DS-261

March 10,2014 - Paid AOS Fee

March 22, 2014 - Sent in AOS Package

March 25,2014 - Paid IV Fee

March 26, 2014 - AOS Package picked up by a B.Standish

March 28, 2014 - IV fee shown as PAid

March 31, 2014 - Send corrections to AOS Package

April 1, 2014 - Corrected Aos Package received and signed by N Visa Center

April 5, 2014 - Case number changed finally

April 11, 2014- Got checklist for AOS

April 17, 2014- Submitted DS-260

April 18, 2014- Sent in IV package and AOS checklist

May 14, 2014- IV Checklist

May 16, 2014- Sent in IV Checklist

May 23, 2014- IV Checklist received

June 25, 2014- Case Complete

July 2, 2014- Receive CC email

July 11, 2014- Interview email received

July 21, 2014- Medical Done

Aug 26, 2014- Interview

Case in AP :ranting::ranting:

Oct 23, turned in needed documents

Case Updated- July 22, 30, Aug 5, Nov 2, Nov 4, Nov 8, Nov 15+16 (2015)

Nov 16-told to go to Embassy

Update Nov 29 + 30

Nov 29 - Gave Refusal Sheet :cry:

Informed that Case is being sent back to USCIS with intent to revoke :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Jan 12-13, 216 Case Date Update on CEAC

Feb 12,2016-Update on USCIS, case under review

Oct 14, 2016 NOIR sent out, received OCT 18, 2016

Dream-dj.png

The truth, unfortunately, is that you have limited options. But siddon look -- just sitting and waiting -- is poor strategy. To the brave go the spoils, they say, so you want to be proactive and to rattle some cages until they give you an answer. The main lesson I learned from my journey with USCIS is this: Ask and you shall receive -- after a while. But if you don't ask, your case may languish in limbo.

Here's what I suggest: Every 60 days

• Send a written case update request to the Lagos consulate (via email, sent early in the morning so your email is among the first they'll see). Ask what the status of your case is. Acknowledge that the processing may be out of their hands, and ask if there's any information you can provide to accelerate processing.
  • Contact your spouse's Congressional representative and ask for casework assistance with your case.

You can also do a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the FBI and DHS to see if there's any derogatory information about you. FBI FOIAs are usually fast, but I'd hold off on the DHS one for another 6 months (some say it could delay your case). You can search FOIA request on Google for more information on the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.