Gaiden79

W-2's Only have First initial, Middle Initial, and full Last name, that ok?

11 posts in this topic

Hey friends,

I am submitting proof of physical presence in US for at least 5 years. This is for my daughter at the US Embassy in Manila for CRBA. I have about 6 W-2's, but all of them only have my First Initial, Middle Initial, and full last name. They all do have my social security number on them of course.

Do you think this would be a problem? I could provide my original social security card to verify that number belongs to my name. Unfortunately I won't be present for the interview though. Thanks all.

Married: 9/27/2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gaiden79 said:

Hey friends,

I am submitting proof of physical presence in US for at least 5 years. This is for my daughter at the US Embassy in Manila for CRBA. I have about 6 W-2's, but all of them only have my First Initial, Middle Initial, and full last name. They all do have my social security number on them of course.

Do you think this would be a problem? I could provide my original social security card to verify that number belongs to my name. Unfortunately I won't be present for the interview though. Thanks all.

Identity theft abounds.  Don't ever let your original social security card out of your personal control 

YMMV

3 hours ago, payxibka said:

Identity theft abounds.  Don't ever let your original social security card out of your personal control 

I don't want to, but just considering my options. Any opinions on my situation with the name on my W-2's? 

1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

They might want more than W2’s

You have school transcripts or old passports or anything like that?

Yes I am submitting school transcripts and a current notarized copy of my passport and an old one too. I am just worried about the name on my W-2's, I do have the 1040 signed income tax return with each one though. What do you think?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is weird that your company didn't put your full name on the W-2s.  I don't see it being a big issue as your SSN is on there also.    

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Gaiden79 said:

Yes I am submitting school transcripts and a current notarized copy of my passport and an old one too. I am just worried about the name on my W-2's, I do have the 1040 signed income tax return with each one though. What do you think?

I think you’re good to go

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:50 AM, Hank_ said:

That is weird that your company didn't put your full name on the W-2s.  I don't see it being a big issue as your SSN is on there also.    

Trying to get the W-2's out last minute, data entry to save time.  As long as SS# is correct it is all fine

ChickBoy

29 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Trying to get the W-2's out last minute, data entry to save time.  As long as SS# is correct it is all fine

Usually it is just a few mouse clicks and the payroll program spits them out.  I imagine it is probably a very small company doing them by hand, or it is some weird setting in the payroll program.

Doesn't really matter as long as the SSN is correct.

Finally done.

On 8/21/2019 at 5:30 AM, Falcon Cara said:

Thank you for the reassurance! I am sweating all the details hehe. 

On 8/21/2019 at 6:02 AM, Talako said:

Usually it is just a few mouse clicks and the payroll program spits them out.  I imagine it is probably a very small company doing them by hand, or it is some weird setting in the payroll program.

Doesn't really matter as long as the SSN is correct.

It's actually from the State of California. They already do things different to begin with seems like. Anyways at least they got the SSN part right lol. 

On 8/20/2019 at 1:50 AM, Hank_ said:

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.