Brazil/US2018

Medical for AOS on K1 VISA HELP??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have been reading a bit on the I-693 part and what the actual requirements are. Can someone please confirm what I need??

If I understood correctly, as long as my husband's physical was done within the last year, I do not need to submit ANYTHING ELSE?? Is that correct? just the DS 3025 is that what I am reading right??

Can someone clarify this for me?

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Hello everyone,

I have been reading a bit on the I-693 part and what the actual requirements are. Can someone please confirm what I need??

If I understood correctly, as long as my husband's physical was done within the last year, I do not need to submit ANYTHING ELSE?? Is that correct? just the DS 3025 is that what I am reading right??

Can someone clarify this for me?

Thank you.

Many active threads on this topic that you should read

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello, I've been through some confusion on the same matter. You can refer to a vast variety of official information online. 

Look up the USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 8, Chapter 3: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

4. K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment [26]

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

• The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or 

• The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions. [27] 

If a new medical examination is required and reveals a Class A medical condition, a new waiver application will also be required. In such cases, the officer should determine whether the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of the first waiver, if applicable. Such determination should be given considerable weight in the adjudication of a subsequent waiver application. [28] 

Even if a new medical examination is not required, applicants must still comply with the vaccination requirements if the vaccination record was not included as part of the original medical examination report. If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician. 

An applicant’s overseas medical examination report completed by a panel physician should already be in the applicant’s A-file. If it is not in the A-file, the officer should request the medical examination report through a Request for Evidence (RFE).

If the applicant was granted a change of status to V in the United States, [29] the medical examination report completed by the civil surgeon should be in the A-file created at the time that the change of status was initially granted. 

Also, look up Form I-693 instructions:

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?
Form I-693 Instructions 07/15/19 Page 8 of 12
If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or
B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:
(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year
of an overseas medical examination;
and
(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or
(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and
you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.
(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the
vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as
part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination
Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10.
of Form I-693.

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

You shall include Form DS-3025 in your AoS Packet, and make sure your husband properly complied with all the vaccination requirements. 

The form should be marked "complete".

If your husband still has some vaccinations to do (aka his DS3025 is not complete), you need to contact a Civil Surgeon and have them file Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10.
of Form I-693.

It's all in the instructions. Read them thoroughly!

Edited by JMK_IT
grammar

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

If the DS-3025 is marked complete and the medical was less than a year prior to filing the I-485, then no I-693 is needed.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.