Jump to content
Giovanne

How long should I be expected to wait in my case?

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello! I had my k1 interview in Paris on July 24th but at the time I hand't yet received my medical exams. At the end of the interview they told me I was approved. on August 6th my case was updated to AP on the CEAC website and on August 12 my medical exams were delivered to the embassy.  Given my case, how long should I be expected to wait? The AP is only because of the medical exams right? I'm afraid that they haven't even checked their mail yet... I tried calling them to know how the process is going, they weren't very useful unfortunately. 

 

I haven't booked any flights, and my wedding will be next summer just to be sure... But my fiancée is going back to work on the 26 (teacher) and we have a 4 month old boy that needs me to take care of him while mum is working... I don't know if this helps, but I'm a Portuguese citizen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The visa is not approved until the visa status changes to "Issued".  There is really no way to know if the administrative processing is strictly due to the receipt of your medical exam........Hopefully, you will see "issued" soon.


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 10:06 AM, Giovanne said:

Hello! I had my k1 interview in Paris on July 24th but at the time I hand't yet received my medical exams. At the end of the interview they told me I was approved. on August 6th my case was updated to AP on the CEAC website and on August 12 my medical exams were delivered to the embassy.  Given my case, how long should I be expected to wait? The AP is only because of the medical exams right? I'm afraid that they haven't even checked their mail yet... I tried calling them to know how the process is going, they weren't very useful unfortunately. 

 

I haven't booked any flights, and my wedding will be next summer just to be sure... But my fiancée is going back to work on the 26 (teacher) and we have a 4 month old boy that needs me to take care of him while mum is working... I don't know if this helps, but I'm a Portuguese citizen.  

My interview with my husband was the same date in Paris. They told me approved but on the 29th I received an email telling me to fill ds 5535. I’m pregnant and have a 24months old son. No update till now. Hopefully we hear something soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maya34 said:

My interview with my husband was the same date in Paris. They told me approved but on the 29th I received an email telling me to fill ds 5535. I’m pregnant and have a 24months old son. No update till now. Hopefully we hear something soon 

I didn't get any email, on the 23th it changed to Application received. And tells me to wait 2 business day for my status to update again, so hopefully by next week I'll have some progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maya34 said:

My interview with my husband was the same date in Paris. They told me approved but on the 29th I received an email telling me to fill ds 5535. I’m pregnant and have a 24months old son. No update till now. Hopefully we hear something soon 

Are you not French by birth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 2:10 AM, Giovanne said:

I didn't get any email, on the 23th it changed to Application received. And tells me to wait 2 business day for my status to update again, so hopefully by next week I'll have some progress.

Hello there, any luck yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...