Triah

Received Two 221-G Forms and Second Interview

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, 

I just want to know if any of you have experienced what my Fiancee and I are experiencing. 

On Aug 8th, 2019, my Fiancee was interviewed at USEM in Manila. She thought the interview went well and they kept all her documents, including her passport. Then at the end of the interview, she was given a 221g form to fill out DS-5535--which she did on the same day. We believe that she needed to fill out the DS-5535 because she was a flight attendant in Qatar for 3 years and flew and stayed in so many countries in the middle east including Iran. After a week, we received her passport in the mail along with another blank 221g. Needless to say, we panicked. So she sent email to USEM to inquire what documents are still required. Hours later, she received an email from FPM (Fraud Prevention Manager) asking her to come in for another interview next week and bring her passport and proof of our relationship--which she brought on her 1st interview.

Is this normal in USEM in Manila? We provided all required docs in the first interview including her Qatar Police Clearance. 

2 minutes ago, Triah said:

Hi guys, 

I just want to know if any of you have experienced what my Fiancee and I are experiencing. 

On Aug 8th, 2019, my Fiancee was interviewed at USEM in Manila. She thought the interview went well and they kept all her documents, including her passport. Then at the end of the interview, she was given a 221g form to fill out DS-5535--which she did on the same day. We believe that she needed to fill out the DS-5535 because she was a flight attendant in Qatar for 3 years and flew and stayed in so many countries in the middle east including Iran. After a week, we received her passport in the mail along with another blank 221g. Needless to say, we panicked. So she sent email to USEM to inquire what documents are still required. Hours later, she received an email from FPM (Fraud Prevention Manager) asking her to come in for another interview next week and bring her passport and proof of our relationship--which she brought on her 1st interview.

Is this normal in USEM in Manila? We provided all required docs in the first interview including her Qatar Police Clearance. 

It is a good sign that you are having a second interview. Just make sure that she knows about you and is confident. Second interviews are rare in Manila but they do happen. Usually with a positive outcome.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
Just now, boris64 said:

It is a good sign that you are having a second interview. Just make sure that she knows about you and is confident. Second interviews are rare in Manila but they do happen. Usually with a positive outcome.

Thank you, @boris64! It threw us off a little since her passport was returned. I just hope we get an approval this time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Triah said:

Thank you, @boris64! It threw us off a little since her passport was returned. I just hope we get an approval this time. 

My wife got hers back before the second interview 

YMMV

Just now, Triah said:

If they really wanted to deny you outright they would have done it after the first interview when they returned the passport. Of course there are no guarantees but a second interview is definitely a positive sign.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

My wife got hers back before the second interview 

You said "wife" so I'm assuming you guys are now together in the US. This definitely gives me some confidence. It's been so tough for us lately. 

6 minutes ago, boris64 said:

If they really wanted to deny you outright they would have done it after the first interview when they returned the passport. Of course there are no guarantees but a second interview is definitely a positive sign.

Exactly. That's what I told my Fiancee when I was trying to calm her down. They wouldn't waste our time and bring her to another interview just to deny her. But I do understand also that it could go either way. 

Edited by Triah

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Triah said:

Hi guys, 

Nope not normal, and being the email was from the FPM unit (the first word says what is on their mind) .. you best load up on evidence of a genuine relationship.  And in this case more pictures - if you have them.

My gut says they are questioning that you have a genuine relationship .. not sure what you all presented at the 1st interview, but bring more of it; chat logs, emails .. everything

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Nope not normal, and being the email was from the FPM unit (the first word says what is on their mind) .. you best load up on evidence of a genuine relationship.  And in this case more pictures - if you have them.

My gut says they are questioning that you have a genuine relationship .. not sure what you all presented at the 1st interview, but bring more of it; chat logs, emails .. everything

Thanks Hank! I thought we front loaded our proof of relationship already, but I guess it's not enough. My Fiancee brought a 30 page binder with our pictures, notes, emails and chat logs. But we'll add more just in case. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Triah said:

Thanks Hank! I thought we front loaded our proof of relationship already, but I guess it's not enough. My Fiancee brought a 30 page binder with our pictures, notes, emails and chat logs. But we'll add more just in case. 

Did the CO look through the binder of evidence at the initial interview?     

I hope all goes well with the 2nd interview ending with smiles! 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Did the CO look through the binder of evidence at the initial interview?     

I hope all goes well with the 2nd interview ending with smiles! 

My Fiancee said the CO looked at 1-3 pages then the binder was returned to her. 

Timeline
Just now, Triah said:

My Fiancee said the CO looked at 1-3 pages then the binder was returned to her. 

Not sure what they are fishing for ... 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I think it has a lot to do with his fiance's occupation and travel locations. Just a guess...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.