Triah

Received Two 221-G Forms and Second Interview

26 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but here's a quick summary. 

My Fiancee was originally scheduled for a 2nd interview on 8/22. On 8/19, she receives a call from USEM asking her if she can come in on 8/20 instead, so she did. The interview was with the consul manager and it lasted for 1 hour. Basically, they were asking for more info on her flight history, specifically when she entered Iran. My Fiancee explained to the consul why she had to exit Iran for a few days. Long story short, she exited Iran from Dubai because she didn't want overstay in Dubai while waiting for a response on her job application from the airline(s) that she applied for in Doha. This is very common for those people applying jobs in Qatar. Even the hiring manager at the airline suggested this while she's in Dubai. The consul also asked about her social media and asked about a very popular communist in the Philippines who apparently following her on FB. The consul ask if she knows this person personally, and of course she said no. We're not even aware that this person is following my Fiancee. Then the consul asked if she knows anything about NPA and other groups like that, she said no. My Fiancee said that they didn't even look at our proof of relationship album. In the end, the consul was satisfied with her answers and let her know that they will expedite the process. At this point they still didn't say whether she's approved or not. 

Few hours after her interview, she received an email from USEM telling her to mail her passport ASAP to USEM, so she did. At this point we are feeling pretty good. It took two business days before USEM received her passport. On 8/28 she received an email letting her now that her visa was ISSUED on 8/27! On 8/30 she received a text from 2GO letting her know that her VISA is ready for pick up. She picked up the visa on 9/1 and went to CFO on 9/3. Finally, yesterday I booked her flight on 9/7! 

The whole process was very stressful and we are glad it's all over! I'd like to thank all admins and members of this forum for all your help and support! 

Follow up question. We're planning to fly to Chicago to attend my cousin's wedding. I've read that my Fiancee can fly with me as long as it's within the US. If so, any documents we should bring other than her passport? Thanks!

Edited by Triah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Triah said:

My Fiancee was originally scheduled for a 2nd interview on 8/22. On 8/19, she receives a call from USEM asking her if she can come in on 8/20 instead, so she did. The interview was with the consul manager and it lasted for 1 hour. Basically, they were asking for more info on her flight history, specifically when she entered Iran. My Fiancee explained to the consul why she had to exit Iran for a few days. Long story short, she exited Iran from Dubai because she didn't want overstay in Dubai while waiting for a response on her job application from the airline(s) that she applied for in Doha. This is very common for those people applying jobs in Qatar. Even the hiring manager at the airline suggested this while she's in Dubai. The consul also asked about her social media and asked about a very popular communist in the Philippines who apparently following her on FB. The consul ask if she knows this person personally, and of course she said no. We're not even aware that this person is following my Fiancee. Then the consul asked if she knows anything about NPA and other groups like that, she said no. My Fiancee said that they didn't even look at our proof of relationship album. In the end, the consul was satisfied with her answers and let her know that they will expedite the process. At this point they still didn't say whether she's approved or not. 

Few hours after her interview, she received an email from USEM telling her to mail her passport ASAP to USEM, so she did. At this point we are feeling pretty good. It took two business days before USEM received her passport. On 8/28 she received an email letting her now that her visa was ISSUED on 8/27! On 8/30 she received a text from 2GO letting her know that her VISA is ready for pick up. She picked up the visa on 9/1 and went to CFO on 9/3. Finally, yesterday I booked her flight on 9/7! 

The whole process was very stressful and we are glad it's all over! I'd like to thank all admins and members of this forum for all your help and support! 

Follow up question. We're planning to fly to Chicago to attend my cousin's wedding. I've read that my Fiancee can fly with me as long as it's within the US. If so, any documents we should bring other than her passport? Thanks!

Passport and her i94 would be all

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Triah said:

Thank you!

Depending on when you are traveling,  if you have already filed for her adjustment of status,  the NOA1 from the I485 would also be something to have if available 

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Depending on when you are traveling,  if you have already filed for her adjustment of status,  the NOA1 from the I485 would also be something to have if available 

Thanks for the additional info! We're planning to travel before we get married. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Triah said:

Well that is great news!    I can understand DOS being interested in your fiancee's visit to Iran, and her "follower" ... glad it was all cleared up.

Flying within the USA, picture ID is required.      And being your fiancee has just arrived (no green card, NOA from filing the I-485, etc)  by rights she should have a copy of her I-94 and her passport in her possession anyway.

Very happy for you both  :)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Well that is great news!    I can understand DOS being interested in your fiancee's visit to Iran, and her "follower" ... glad it was all cleared up.

Flying within the USA, picture ID is required.      And being your fiancee has just arrived (no green card, NOA from filing the I-485, etc)  by rights she should have a copy of her I-94 and her passport in her possession anyway.

Very happy for you both  :)  

Thank you for all your help, Hank! We really appreciate it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.