10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello i have checked my Ceac staus and it says this, should i call the embassy 

just clueless right now on what to do but its been almost a month since the NVC forward stage

thank you guys

68528246_2512041332188972_3033984981161476096_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

It means now you can file form I-160 online, schedule and pay for appointment. This is just general steps, sorry that I dont know how the process in your country. 

10 hours ago, MN_diabeenum said:

Hello i have checked my Ceac staus and it says this, should i call the embassy. Just clueless right now on what to do but its been almost a month since the NVC forward stage.

thank you guys

The embassy at Afghanistan is a very difficult embassy to get a hold of. The best way is to send and email (address can found on their website and along with that you may find instructions for your next steps) and included both the petitioner's and beneficiary's names, case number and DOB for both. Let them know that your case status on CEAC is set to "ready" condition and that you would like to receive the interview document (commonly referred to the P3 letter) with the instructions in how to prepare and schedule the interview.

I usually have this information but I have not be able to find anyone willing to share their copy of the P3.  If you receive a copy could I ask you to provide a copy so I can help out others who come behind you. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

After your case reaches time for an interview appointment these are the documents your fiancé needs to compile and bring to their interview. 

Please bring the following required documentation to your interview: 

·         Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, completed.   Please bring the DS-160 confirmation page to the interview.    Link:  https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/  Note: You must select the “K” visa class.

·         Passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your entrance in the U.S. (unlesscountry-specific agreements provide exemptions) 

·         Taskera (Original Dari version) and MFA-certified English translation.

·         Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen petitioner

·         Medical examination report from Panel Physician.  For information on scheduling your medical examination, please see attached AMC medical brochure.

·         AMC will deliver your completed medical report directly to the Embassy.  At the time of interview, please inform the Embassy staff of the date of your medical appointment.

·         Evidence of financial support: Form I-134, Affidavit of Support.

·         Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16.

Note: Unless otherwise directed by a consular officer at your interview, Police certificates ARE NOT required for Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan. Please see information on how to obtain a police certificate for other counties: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

·         Two (2) photographs.  Requirements:  2”x 2”/5cmx5cm forward facing photo with ears showing on white background.  Please write the applicant name and case number on the back side of each photo. 

·         Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e): Photos, call records, etc. The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine.

·         Payment for fee for K-1 visa: $265.00 USD (Cash Only).  This fee is payable at the U.S. Embassy Cashier.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

CEAC Status changed from "Ready" to "Application Received" this morning.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@Greenbaum I had my interview June 26 and medical wasn't ready that's because I was made to do TB test 10 weeks leter my medical was ready and all was good.so I proceeded to drop off my 221g with my passport because Co check medical and passport,but before I left Co that day I did reminded Co that hospital was to send in the medical themselves and the hospital did sent it in on the 21st Aug and I proceeded from the hospital after confirming with them and I drop off my passport the same day and my case status went from AP to Ready and it kept updating every day for 14 days and it never changed.then I received and email to pick up my passport at DHL and I was worried my passport can't be sent back while my status shows Ready' I went and picked it up and there was no visa in it,no letter stating anything,no email from Lagos embassy.so I and my fiance reached out to them via email and phone calls via call the told my fiance (petitioner) that I did not do what was said of the form 221g and he explained that hospital dropped off the medical as it is the policy of the hospital to drop medical of some applicants that under went further testing like TB.the following day I went back to the hospital requesting for my medical to be given to me directly and the medical director had to call the embassy in my presence and spoke to the supervisor and the supervisor as me to send another email immediately and the responsed that the medical is with them and the will review it and get back to me.9 Sept my case status went from Ready to case received and also changed case created May 31 to Sept 9.on the 10th I received email from embassy to go drop off my passport for visa issuance which I did 2 hours later and my status changed on the 16th to Application Received.and that the last up date.it's been 21 days today since I dropped off my passport at DHL documents collection center Lagos Nigeria my case still stuck in Application Receive.we have be sending emails upon emails no response.my medical expires 13 November and am super worried.

• 7 months later...
Timeline
On 8/18/2019 at 7:40 PM, Salahn12 said:

After your case reaches time for an interview appointment these are the documents your fiancé needs to compile and bring to their interview. 

Please bring the following required documentation to your interview: 

·         Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, completed.   Please bring the DS-160 confirmation page to the interview.    Link:  https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/  Note: You must select the “K” visa class.

·         Passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your entrance in the U.S. (unlesscountry-specific agreements provide exemptions) 

·         Taskera (Original Dari version) and MFA-certified English translation.

·         Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen petitioner

·         Medical examination report from Panel Physician.  For information on scheduling your medical examination, please see attached AMC medical brochure.

·         AMC will deliver your completed medical report directly to the Embassy.  At the time of interview, please inform the Embassy staff of the date of your medical appointment.

·         Evidence of financial support: Form I-134, Affidavit of Support.

·         Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16.

Note: Unless otherwise directed by a consular officer at your interview, Police certificates ARE NOT required for Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan. Please see information on how to obtain a police certificate for other counties: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

·         Two (2) photographs.  Requirements:  2”x 2”/5cmx5cm forward facing photo with ears showing on white background.  Please write the applicant name and case number on the back side of each photo. 

·         Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e): Photos, call records, etc. The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine.

·         Payment for fee for K-1 visa: $265.00 USD (Cash Only).  This fee is payable at the U.S. Embassy Cashier.

Such great information, thank you so much for posting! Quick question, is the DS-160 an application? I went on the link you provided and it requested that a photo is to be submitted, is that normal? I thought it was a form to be printed out not an application? Thank you for your assistance!

Timeline
1 minute ago, WhoKnowsWhoCares said:

Such great information, thank you so much for posting! Quick question, is the DS-160 an application? I went on the link you provided and it requested that a photo is to be submitted, is that normal? I thought it was a form to be printed out not an application? Thank you for your assistance!

Yes the DS-160 is an online application that needs to be filled out. And yes it asks for a photograph to be uploaded as well. I had difficulty with the photo Bc there is a file size requirement that was difficult to meet. Once you complete the application there is a one page confirmation page that you print out and bring with you to the interview. 

On 10/2/2019 at 1:38 PM, CJ MO said:

@Greenbaum I had my interview June 26 and medical wasn't ready that's because I was made to do TB test 10 weeks leter my medical was ready and all was good.so I proceeded to drop off my 221g with my passport because Co check medical and passport,but before I left Co that day I did reminded Co that hospital was to send in the medical themselves and the hospital did sent it in on the 21st Aug and I proceeded from the hospital after confirming with them and I drop off my passport the same.....

When your record updates with a date change but no status change it means that someone is working on your case. If you see those dates changing, then that is a good sign and you should not worry. It is my experience with the embassy in Nigeria to be awfully slow with everything they do. So, there is really nothing you can do but wait but stay engaged.

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.