Jump to content
A and E

NOA2 past its 6weeks

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I received our NOA2 and called once a week to the NVC. We are now past our 6 week mark so the NVC customer service rep told me to email nvcresearch@state.gov. I have done this and they told me I wasn't at my 6 week mark, but we are. Also, as I continue to call new representatives tell me to continue to email them so I am. Another representative told me to call the USCIS. I did this but now a women is telling me its not a 6 week wait its 90 days and that I havent hit my 90 mark.

 

Can someone please lead me in the right direction? Is it 6 weeks or 90 days? What should my next step be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what they seem to be telling all of us now. I'm at 5 weeks waiting now. But I do know that they have been taking 30days to mail to Nvc IF your case gets the online status updates. Mine still says case recieved since June27 2018 I got approved July 11th 2019. 1 person I know has been waiting 8 weeks another is at 6 weeks. Another 1 has the same approval date as me and hers was sent on day 28 of waiting but her status updates online and mine doesnt. From the looks of things they really are making some of us wait up to 90 days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kerege said:

That's what they seem to be telling all of us now. I'm at 5 weeks waiting now. But I do know that they have been taking 30days to mail to Nvc IF your case gets the online status updates. Mine still says case recieved since June27 2018 I got approved July 11th 2019. 1 person I know has been waiting 8 weeks another is at 6 weeks. Another 1 has the same approval date as me and hers was sent on day 28 of waiting but her status updates online and mine doesnt. From the looks of things they really are making some of us wait up to 90 days. 

This is so overwhelming. I'm on the phone every day for about an hour and a half just for two 2 min phone calls. My fiancee just tried and the called dropped. Hopefully we all here something soon. If I find out anything I will try to let you know what steps I took to getting to where we need to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, A and E said:

This is so overwhelming. I'm on the phone every day for about an hour and a half just for two 2 min phone calls. My fiancee just tried and the called dropped. Hopefully we all here something soon. If I find out anything I will try to let you know what steps I took to getting to where we need to be.

When I called uscis this morning I was on hold for 35 min and a guy answered and then hung up. The second time I called it took 28 min. And thanks hopefully you hear from them sooner than later 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please keep in mind the old saying, "A watched pot never boils."

 

As hard as it may be, give it a couple of days, give them a chance to do their work, or answer the phone from the likely thousands of other similarly-situated people.


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling every day does nothing, don't waste your time and energy on trying to get through.  Even if you get a person all they will say is wait.  So all you can do is wait, like everyone else.  Waiting is part of the process, as frustrating as it can be, don't make it worse by worrying.  Soon you'll hear from them on their own terms, not yours.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Please keep in mind the old saying, "A watched pot never boils."

 

As hard as it may be, give it a couple of days, give them a chance to do their work, or answer the phone from the likely thousands of other similarly-situated people.

I was told by them to call every day after my 6 week mark. Today I found out they have my paperwork but need to process it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Calling every day does nothing, don't waste your time and energy on trying to get through.  Even if you get a person all they will say is wait.  So all you can do is wait, like everyone else.  Waiting is part of the process, as frustrating as it can be, don't make it worse by worrying.  Soon you'll hear from them on their own terms, not yours.  Good luck!

I emailed the uscis everyday since my 6week mark.... my paperwork is being processed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, visaq123 said:

It is taking 30 days to transfer to NVC? is the 6 weeks you are talking about the date for the embassy to receive and an interview date? 

It took my paperwork a little over 6 weeks. Once I hit my six week mark they told me I could call back everyday to see if I ge a tracking number. But I did email the uscis everyday for 4 days. Called today my paperwork is being processed after this morning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kerege said:

When I called uscis this morning I was on hold for 35 min and a guy answered and then hung up. The second time I called it took 28 min. And thanks hopefully you hear from them sooner than later 

Email the uscis your paperwork and call!!! My paperwork is being processed as of 830am central time this morning. Waiting on a tracking number but atleast I know they have received it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 1:01 PM, A and E said:

Hello,

 

I received our NOA2 and called once a week to the NVC. We are now past our 6 week mark so the NVC customer service rep told me to email nvcresearch@state.gov. I have done this and they told me I wasn't at my 6 week mark, but we are. Also, as I continue to call new representatives tell me to continue to email them so I am. Another representative told me to call the USCIS. I did this but now a women is telling me its not a 6 week wait its 90 days and that I havent hit my 90 mark.

 

Can someone please lead me in the right direction? Is it 6 weeks or 90 days? What should my next step be?

Wait. Sorry calling, emailing and such will not speed things up.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...