2,946 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Totally understood! That's why I said to wait..you'll know what it is only when you get it!😊 I also can understand the anxiety..it's gonna be alright dear!

Thank you for your kind words as always. 💗

I have a question and i think i might know the answer, but just want to make sure. I never got an Employment Authorization card based on the I-485 filing (C09). Is it because the attorney didn't check a box in the form or am i not supposed to get one? I-485 filed in February 2019. Can i still request one now?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

I have a question and i think i might know the answer, but just want to make sure. I never got an Employment Authorization card based on the I-485 filing (C09). Is it because the attorney didn't check a box in the form or am i not supposed to get one? I-485 filed in February 2019. Can i still request one now?

Thank you.

Sure can usually attorney sent all package together I485/ I765 / I131 weird your lawyer did not, anyways yes you can filed I-765 include a copy of your I-485 receipt along with the I-765 and I-131. If you paid the fee for I-485 don't need to paid for I-765 / 1-131 but if you waived the fee you need to also request a fee waiver for the I-765 which is form I-912.

9 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

Thank you.

The simple answer is YES you can!😊👍

7 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Sure can usually attorney sent all package together I485/ I765 / I131 weird your lawyer did not, anyways yes you can filed I-765 include a copy of your I-485 receipt along with the I-765 and I-131. If you paid the fee for I-485 don't need to paid for I-765 / 1-131 but if you waived the fee you need to also request a fee waiver for the I-765 which is form I-912.

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

The simple answer is YES you can!😊👍

Thanks girls! I guess she never applied for one. Maaannn!!!! she really deserves her attorney fee 😶

I might send the request myself, 2 EADs are better than 1 and who knows when that interview will be scheduled ;) 

1 minute ago, flyup123 said:

Thanks girls! I guess she never applied for one. Maaannn!!!! she really deserves her attorney fee 😶

I might send the request myself, 2 EADs are better than 1 and who knows when that interview will be scheduled ;) 

Your vawa is approved right? If yes..when?

2 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

Yes, it was approved in January 2019. And in August i send I765 for renewal of C31 but i just realized that i should've have a C09 as well. 

Yes you should have that as well..not too late now! Also you should be getting an interview notice any time now..did you get transfer notice for i485..when? Did you receive courtesy letter....when?

5 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

Yes, it was approved in January 2019. And in August i send I765 for renewal of C31 but i just realized that i should've have a C09 as well. 

EAD is for the same purpose to work and if you already have one C31 and in August you sent renewal no need to waste time on filling EAD C09... My honest opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yes you should have that as well..not too late now! Also you should be getting an interview notice any time now..did you get transfer notice for i485..when? Did you receive courtesy letter....when?

Transfer Notice received in March, 2019 (at least online says it was transferred. Don't know if the notice was received as they go to my attorney) no courtesy letter as my medicals are good till February, 2020. 

1 minute ago, FeDaniela said:

EAD is for the same purpose to work and if you already have one C31 and in August you sent renewal no need to waste time on filling EAD C09... My honest opinion. 

I know but C31 expires in December and was hoping that the C09 may come before that. I do have the 180 days extension letter, but you never know with the employers. And even though i can explain that they should consider the extension i just didn't want to get into details with them. Thanks though.

Edited by flyup123

48 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

Thank you.

YES YES YES :-) 

1 minute ago, flyup123 said:

Transfer Notice received in March, 2019 (at least online says it was transferred. Don't know if the notice was received as they go to my attorney) no courtesy letter as my medicals are good till February, 2020. 

Ok great! You're almost there..there's nothing wrong with having two EADs..LOL I had two as well..now.awaiting the renewal of the other!😊 my only thought is that you may have your Greencard sooner and may not be needing them both again!💁

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Ok great! You're almost there..there's nothing wrong with having two EADs..LOL I had two as well..now.awaiting the renewal of the other!😊 my only thought is that you may have your Greencard sooner and may not be needing them both again!💁

Oh! Sweet are your words, music to my ears  :D :D :D GREEN CARD!!! where are you?!!!

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Mostly i am annoyed that my attorney didn't do her job right. That is all. I can leave with 1 EAD, no problem.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

I know but C31 expires in December and was hoping that the C09 may come before that. I do have the 180 days extension letter, but you never know with the employers. And even though i can explain that they should consider the extension i just didn't want to get into details with them. Thanks though.

If your job fails to accept the 180 days extension while they wait for the actual Employment documents to be mailed to you then by law you need to report the company to the appropriate labor authorities. If my job (a federal agency can accept the 180 extension I don’t see why most jobs can’t accept that . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.