2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, silicon_valley said:

Should VAWA self-petitioner's personal statement be notarized as well?

Personally when I filed on 5/2017 I had all documents certify and notarized just to be in the safe side but I heard others it isn't necessary. Good Luck!

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
8 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

What is a Individual IRS Tax Number ? I don’t think I have that cause I have a social security number 

You do not have it. Just ignore it and fill in the part that ask for you social security number

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sharig said:

Hi everyone! I am in the process of gathering all documents for my vawa case. Within the next month or so I will have all the documents needed and will be putting my paperwork through. I have bern in therapy and taking domestic violence classes at women in distress! My therapist said she will write a letter for me for uscis but she has never done one before. Does anyone know of a format that she can follow or a sample therapist letter or exactly what uscis is looking for in the letter? Thank you so much! 

No format needed. She should just write free flow and address it to the USCIS, VAWA Unit, stating what you have gone through, how it affected and still affects you etc and etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, bold said:

You do not have it. Just ignore it and fill in the part that ask for you social security number

Thank you dear 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

I just took my time reading denial notices from past members. From 2006 - 2013 and it’s scary. Because am about to send out my application this week. 

- Have anyone been denied lately ? 

- What would be the reasons for denial ? 

Am pretty new new here and it’s scary. 

My husband divorced me before I could divorce him, will that be a problem because the Citizen divorced first and had anyone here approved been divorced by their spouses who divorced them ? 

Do not think of the negative. There is power in our thoughts and our words. Only think of the positive, be an optimist and think of success. So far all we have had is higher percentage of successful journeys, even those of us that had some glitch still got approved. By all means you will be approved. He divorced u before u divorced him doesn't count. Apply, build a strong case and you will be approved. Once approved you owe me lunch. I will be waiting

Just now, Poupis said:

Is someone here waiting for RFE answer? I filled October 2017 and they received my RFE responde on June 28.

59 days and counting...

feeling very anxious 

While I understand your anxiety, it should be noted that the average time for reponse is between 30-90 days...some folks wait longer..others are responded to much earlier...a little more patience and you're good!😊👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, bold said:

Do not think of the negative. There is power in our thoughts and our words. Only think of the positive, be an optimist and think of success. So far all we have had is higher percentage of successful journeys, even those of us that had some glitch still got approved. By all means you will be approved. He divorced u before u divorced him doesn't count. Apply, build a strong case and you will be approved. Once approved you owe me lunch. I will be waiting

Thank you for the kind words. Sure, lunch won’t be a problem when I get approved . I’ll remember that . 

2 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Thank you! I am one of the oldest applicants so

my will never come to USA unless they visit me, they are adults with their own families living happy and well respectively.

So beautiful to hear this!💓💓💓 Want to be like you when I grow up!👧😊😘😍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hello all..  I have a question..  My Prima facie is about to expire.. This month.. I filed April 2018 and I noticed that on the uscis website it's going to take much longer for vawa approval..  How do I go about getting a Prima facie extension? Do I request/apply for one? 

Just now, Islanderk said:

Hello all..  I have a question..  My Prima facie is about to expire.. This month.. I filed April 2018 and I noticed that on the uscis website it's going to take much longer for vawa approval..  How do I go about getting a Prima facie extension? Do I request/apply for one? 

Sometimes it is sent automatically, other times, you have to request it! Are you receiving any benefits from it, if yes then request it from Vermont! Are you using an attorney? Then they can get it done for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.