ram1009

different confirmation numbers

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filled out the DS160 for my fiance in the Philippines.  She struggles with computers.  When I finished the form it gave me a "confirmation number" printed on the receipt.  I forwarded that receipt to my fiance and she used it to pay the fee and to schedule a visa interview on line at the USEM.  No problem except she noticed that the confirmation number for her interview appointment was different than the confirmation number for the DS160.  I don't think this is a problem but she is terrified she did something wrong.  Does anybody know if this a problem?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No reason for the two confirmation numbers to be the same.

DS-160 being completed isn't necessary to pay the $265 visa fee or schedule the interview.    Your fiancee needs to bring the confirmation page for the DS-160 AND the interview confirmation to the interview. 

Processes for visa applications at embassies vary country to country    https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Take the time to complete your profile, it would make things easier.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

DS-160 being completed isn't necessary to pay the $265 visa fee or schedule the interview.    Your fiancee needs to bring the confirmation page for the DS-160 AND the interview confirmation to the interview. 

Processes for visa applications at embassies vary country to country    https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

I've read all the pages you're referring me to repeatedly.  I have already completed/filed the DS160 and the fee has already been paid and the interview request process completed and an interview date issued.  All of that went pretty much as it should have.  The only problem unresolved is the numerical mis-match.  I will call USEM myself to find out if the numbers must match.  I was hoping someone here still had both documents in hand and could tell me if their numbers matched.  Apparently not.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Edited by ram1009
deleted

Timeline
6 hours ago, ram1009 said:

I've read all the pages you're referring me to repeatedly.  I have already completed/filed the DS160 and the fee has already been paid and the interview request process completed and an interview date issued.  All of that went pretty much as it should have.  The only problem unresolved is the numerical mis-match.  I will call USEM myself to find out if the numbers must match.  I was hoping someone here still had both documents in hand and could tell me if their numbers matched.  Apparently not.

There is no way that the two confirmation numbers would be the same ...    What makes you think they should be the same?   One confirmation is for a document, the other is for an appointment.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Above you said:  "No reason for the two conformation numbers to be the same".

Attention: Please note, it is vital that you provide the valid and correct DS-160 confirmation number when you schedule an appointment. If the confirmation number is invalid or incorrectly entered, you will not be admitted to the interview and you will be required to book a new appointment. When applying as part of a family or group, make sure that each applicant has correctly provided their individual DS-160 confirmation number when scheduling their appointment.  

This paragraph is the first thing you see when attempting to make an interview appointment.  Unfortunately, there's no place to enter any information about a DS160 anywhere on the form.  In the case of my fiance the form provided her with a confirmation number that matched an appointment for a failed B1 visa appointment last year.  This, obviously is doomed to failure.  I have already reported this situation on the site's feedback page.

Timeline
2 hours ago, ram1009 said:

Above you said:  "No reason for the two conformation numbers to be the same".

Attention: Please note, it is vital that you provide the valid and correct DS-160 confirmation number when you schedule an appointment. If the confirmation number is invalid or incorrectly entered, you will not be admitted to the interview and you will be required to book a new appointment. When applying as part of a family or group, make sure that each applicant has correctly provided their individual DS-160 confirmation number when scheduling their appointment.  

This paragraph is the first thing you see when attempting to make an interview appointment.  Unfortunately, there's no place to enter any information about a DS160 anywhere on the form.  In the case of my fiance the form provided her with a confirmation number that matched an appointment for a failed B1 visa appointment last year.  This, obviously is doomed to failure.  I have already reported this situation on the site's feedback page.

That refers to non-immigrant visa appointments.    K-1 is processed as an IMMIGRANT VISA

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

That refers to non-immigrant visa appointments.    K-1 is processed as an IMMIGRANT VISA

I have read this statement on your website and tried to comply but all official documents & webpages I've found say otherwise.  The form where I found that paragraph accepted the application as a K1 visa.  What website do I go to that will accept a DS160 as an application for an immigrant visa?  The "paper trail" I followed led me straight to that form and no other.  Through this whole process it's been said repeatedly that the K1 is a non-immigrant visa.  Why do they change that at the final stage of the process?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

I have read this statement on your website and tried to comply but all official documents & webpages I've found say otherwise.  The form where I found that paragraph accepted the application as a K1 visa.  What website do I go to that will accept a DS160 as an application for an immigrant visa?  The "paper trail" I followed led me straight to that form and no other.  Through this whole process it's been said repeatedly that the K1 is a non-immigrant visa.  Why do they change that at the final stage of the process?

K1 is a nonimmigrant Visa that is interviewed by the immigrant visa unit.  The appointment is with the IV unit not the NIV unit 

YMMV

Timeline
19 minutes ago, payxibka said:

K1 is a nonimmigrant Visa that is interviewed by the immigrant visa unit.  The appointment is with the IV unit not the NIV unit 

In that case the appointment got made correctly because the "IV" is on the confirmation receipt.  However, I still believe they gave her an inappropriate DS160 confirmation number.

Timeline
3 hours ago, ram1009 said:

K-1 is never treated like a non-immigrant visa .  Thought you scheduled the interview appt already  .... what is it you are trying to accomplish now?

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Non-immigrant visa applicants do not petition USCIS.   Non-immigrant visas do not process through NVC     Like said the K-1 is treated as an immigrant visa  (only it isn't .. sort of)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, ram1009 said:

In that case the appointment got made correctly because the "IV" is on the confirmation receipt.  However, I still believe they gave her an inappropriate DS160 confirmation number.

THE DS-160 CONFIRMATION NUMBER IS ON THE PAGE AFTER COMPLETING THE DS-160 ONLINE ..  EMBASSY DOESN'T GIVE THAT NUMBER.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

THE DS-160 CONFIRMATION NUMBER IS ON THE PAGE AFTER COMPLETING THE DS-160 ONLINE ..  EMBASSY DOESN'T GIVE THAT NUMBER.

I never said USEM issues a DS160 confirmation numbers.  What I said is that they (USEM) don't ask for the DS160 conformation number during the appointment making process.  There's no place on the form for such a number.  Instead, they used a DS160 confirmation number from an old B1/B2 appointment from last year as the conformation number for this transaction.  I'm sure that will get her turned away from the interview, don't you think?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

K-1 is never treated like a non-immigrant visa .  Thought you scheduled the interview appt already  .... what is it you are trying to accomplish now?  I want for the K1 visa interview confirmation page DS160 confirmation number to match my current DS160 confirmation number just the way USEM says it should.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Non-immigrant visa applicants do not petition USCIS.   Non-immigrant visas do not process through NVC     Like said the K-1 is treated as an immigrant visa  (only it isn't .. sort of)  Nothing ambiguous or confusing about that, Hank.  BTW, where did USCIS send my approved K1 petition for processing if not NVC?  It's been somewhere for 4 weeks.  I'd like to know where.

I don't know why you furnished that webage link.  I've read it multiple times.  It doesn't support anything you're claiming.  

Timeline
20 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

I never said USEM issues a DS160 confirmation numbers.  What I said is that they (USEM) don't ask for the DS160 conformation number during the appointment making process.  There's no place on the form for such a number.  Instead, they used a DS160 confirmation number from an old B1/B2 appointment from last year as the conformation number for this transaction.  I'm sure that will get her turned away from the interview, don't you think?

Ah .. more details .. she file for a tourist visa earlier.  No big deal.   

All she needs to do is bring the new DS-160 confirmation page to the interview, along with the confirmation page from scheduling the interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.