GabeTravels

Medical Exam - How Close to the Interview?

15 posts in this topic

Hi all...I searched and couldn't find the info I was looking for...

My fiancee lives in Cebu, and we're trying to determine what schedule will be best for the medical exam and K1 visa interview.

The plan is for us to meet in Manila, but we're trying to minimize time away from work.

With the interview scheduled for Thursday, is there a problem doing the medical exam on Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday? 

If so, would doing the medical exam on a Wednesday/Thursday or Thursday/Friday, with the interview on the following Tuesday be better?

Thanks for your help!

11 minutes ago, GabeTravels said:

My fiancee lives in Cebu, and we're trying to determine what schedule will be best for the medical exam and K1 visa interview.

The plan is for us to meet in Manila, but we're trying to minimize time away from work.

With the interview scheduled for Thursday, is there a problem doing the medical exam on Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday? 

If so, would doing the medical exam on a Wednesday/Thursday or Thursday/Friday, with the interview on the following Tuesday be better?

Thanks for your help!

Better to go Monday/Tuesday rather than aim for Tuesday/Wednesday as that leaves at least 24 hours (all of Wednesday to be able to notify the embassy to cancel the interview if your fiancee is required to undergo sputum collection and the required 8 week delay prior to vaccination or the 6 months of direct observational therapy. The medical result would be hand carried if the medical is clear, so it's not too close to the interview if everything went perfect to go Tuesday/Wednesday however doing it either the week before, or Monday/Tuesday that week is sufficiently early.

Monday/Tuesday is hampered with mothrrs and children due to the fact that child require a three day observation period for TB. So it's a zoo on thosae days.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, GabeTravels said:

Thanks for your help!

You can schedule both the medical & interview within the same week as you will hand carry the medical file to the interview.    Medical is a two day process.   You may want to leave one day between day 2 of the medical and the interview just in case there are issues with the medical as you need to give the embassy a full 24 hr notice of cancellation.    

One day is not any better than the next for the most part in regards to the medical.   Mondays can be the busiest.    If you do the medical Tuesday - Wednesday, schedule the interview for Friday

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Monday/Tuesday is hampered with mothrrs and children due to the fact that child require a three day observation period for TB. So it's a zoo on thosae days.

Not always a 3 day process for children.

Regarding TB testing with children 14 and under St. Luke's has been using IGRA blood testing for years now.  IF the blood is collected before 12 NOON the medical is a 2 day process with vaccinations the 2nd day (same as with the adults), if the blood is collected after 12 NOON it is a 3 day process.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Not always a 3 day process for children.

Regarding TB testing with children 14 and under St. Luke's has been using IGRA blood testing for years now.  IF the blood is collected before 12 NOON the medical is a 2 day process with vaccinations the 2nd day (same as with the adults), if the blood is collected after 12 NOON it is a 3 day process.

So....

Children younger - 2 or maybe 3 days

Children older - 2 or maybe 3 days

Children with blood collection before noon - 2 days "maybe"

Children with Blood collection after noon - 2 -3 days.

I see a lot of "maybe" 3 days so I have to still warn of the possibility of long wait times and "zoo" conditions. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

So....

Children younger - 2 or maybe 3 days

Children older - 2 or maybe 3 days

Children with blood collection before noon - 2 days "maybe"

Children with Blood collection after noon - 2 -3 days.

I see a lot of "maybe" 3 days so I have to still warn of the possibility of long wait times and "zoo" conditions. :thumbs:

True and I believe Monday is still the worse day .. no matter.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

True and I believe Monday is still the worse day .. no matter.

Yep because everyone there wants to go on Monday and get in line at 5AM)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Yep because everyone there wants to go on Monday and get in line at 5AM)))

5AM .. those must be the late arrivals!  :lol:  

I tell people to not show up until at least an hour after St. Luke's opens, even two hours later is good.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

5AM .. those must be the late arrivals!  :lol:  

I tell people to not show up until at least an hour after St. Luke's opens, even two hours later is good.

why???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

why???

They don't turn you away.  No reason to sit in a queue for 4 hours in the middle of the night.  My wife showed at 10:30 and was done by 2:00

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

They don't turn you away.  No reason to sit in a queue for 4 hours in the middle of the night.  My wife showed at 10:30 and was done by 2:00

I'm forced to wonder if your wife's experience is the rule or the exception.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

I'm forced to wonder if your wife's experience is the rule or the exception.

I think you will find many more who have had the same experience 

YMMV

Timeline

Depends  .. for Filipinos the rule is to show up hours early and stand in line for hours.

For those that realize that showing up an hour or two after the doors open is a whole lot less standing in line and still easily get done with day one, that is the smarter move   

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.