shaw

I-864A requested

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

I have  question concerning I-864A.   My wife had an interview and the counselor took her passport, but after the interview a week later.  I have received an email and asked to upload I-864A.  Before the interview, I have uploaded I-864EZ and other documents.   But now they are asking me to fill out and upload I-864A.  But the problem is I have no relative or house member to fill out I-854A for me.   I am by myself and like I said, I have no relative or friend to help me.  Has anyone else been in my situation or is there any other way to resolve this issue?   Plus, there is no email address is given so I can  tell them that I have no relative or household member to fill out I-864A for me.   Please let know and thanks for helping. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

May be upload i864. “A” could have been a typo unless you are using joint sponsor who filed joint tax return.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, shaw said:

Hello All,

I have  question concerning I-864A.   My wife had an interview and the counselor took her passport, but after the interview a week later.  I have received an email and asked to upload I-864A.  Before the interview, I have uploaded I-864EZ and other documents.   But now they are asking me to fill out and upload I-864A.  But the problem is I have no relative or house member to fill out I-854A for me.   I am by myself and like I said, I have no relative or friend to help me.  Has anyone else been in my situation or is there any other way to resolve this issue?   Plus, there is no email address is given so I can  tell them that I have no relative or household member to fill out I-864A for me.   Please let know and thanks for helping. 

Your income doesn't meet the poverty guidelines for the I-864P ?

Friends even ... 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I am assuming that my income was not enough to meet the poverty line.  That is why the counselor  asked me to fill-out I-864A.  But I have nobody to fill out I-864A for me.  I have minor kid from previous marriage and she doe not work and shew is only 14 years old.  So I don't know what to do.  And the counselor does not have any contact information to explain to them that I have nobody to fill out I-864A for me and the counselor keep saying just upload I-864A.  I am stuck and don't know what do to and I have no friend who can help me.   Anybody been in this situation or does anybody know any other way to deal with this issue?  Please help. 

9 minutes ago, arken said:

May be upload i864. “A” could have been a typo unless you are using joint sponsor who filed joint tax return.

I already uploaded I-864EZ for myself, and I guess I do not meet the poverty line and that is why they want me to fill-out I864A by a house member and I don't have any house member.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

What does the email say exactly? It wouldn’t just say upload i864A. 

If you yourself think you don’t meet the poverty guidelines, then that could be the reason. You need a joint sponsor or a household member. If you got nothing, then they can’t issue the visa. What was the annual income you claimed in 864EZ?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

16 minutes ago, arken said:

What does the email say exactly? It wouldn’t just say upload i864A. 

If you yourself think you don’t meet the poverty guidelines, then that could be the reason. You need a joint sponsor or a household member. If you got nothing, then they can’t issue the visa. What was the annual income you claimed in 864EZ?

image.png.92fb674f000e1d99231d00e57b9b6799.png

That is my three years tax 

Edited by shaw

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, shaw said:

any help?

Your income was viewed as not enough to be the only sponsor.  If you want the visa to get approved, here are your options:

1.  Find a qualified joint sponsor.  No one can find a joint sponsor for you, you will have to work on this yourself.

2.  Get a new job, or a second or third job, to increase your income, in 6 months submit a new I-864 with pay stubs and a tax return or transcript from 2019 to show that your current income has increased.

Option 3 is do nothing about the income problem and her visa will not be approved.  In that case, you continue to live separate lives, or you can move to her country and live permanently with her there.

Good luck!

Subject: Action Request from U.S. Embassy , Consular Section - 

EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Dear Sir/Madam,

A consular officer has reviewed this immigrant visa case and has determined the following documents are required:

• Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

Please upload the requested documents at https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspxYou are not required to email these documents to our office.

That is the email that we received. 

Edited by shaw

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your income is not enough for a household of 3.  You will need a Joint Sponsor.

For some reason, the US Government thinks you have a household member who can file an I-864a.  This seems to be a mistake.

Find a Joint Sponsor.  Try adding a JS at CEAC.  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is it just the two of you (you and your wife) ?     You must meet or exceed the poverty guidelines.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

If you can't meet the requirements the embassy won't issue the visa.    

Get a part time job to boost your income

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

yeah just me and my wife.... I don't have anybody to help me.....   I called friends, but they all made excuses and won't help.   I made over $26K which is over the poverty line, but that was 2018 and I will make more this year..... 

again here is what I have put in in I-864EZ...

image.png.92fb674f000e1d99231d00e57b9b6799.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.