Jump to content
NDP22

Received an I-797c, Anyone know exactly what this means?

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I just received a notification via text indicating that they have received my case. However, yesterday, we also received a i-797c from USCIS in the mail for the I-131. I have attached a picture of it. I went through what they sent back and found that we did forget to sign a page (yes, a little embarassing) but there is also mention of an incorrect payment amount? Has anyone encountered this? I was under the impression that if you filed all of the other forms with the I-485, there was no fee necessary for the other forms? I talked with a guy that worked in immigration and he said what I might need to do is obtain the receipt number for my I-485 and when I send this I-131 back, include that receipt number so they know that I did file an I-485. I just wanted to see if anyone here would have any idea what to do here.

 

Another side question, since we received the text from USCIS confirming they received our case, does this make my wife "valid" to be in the US now since her I-94 has expired?

 

Sorry for the long post.

 

Thanks in advance!

i797c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind what it says about the fee, it's just a generic letter. 

 

Send the i-131 back with a copy of the i-485 acceptance letter. 

 

She is now under "authorized stay" until a decision has been made, yes.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC:

04-19-2019 - Earliest filing date

04-22-2019 - I-751 sent with USPS (AZ lockbox)

04-24-2019 - Delivered/Received date

04-30-2019 - Check cashed

04-30-2019 - NOA1 text/email (WAC)

05-03-2019 - NOA1 hardcopy/extension letter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Too late now for you but for others reading, my recommendation is to submit a separate cover letter with each form explaining you are filing concurrently.

Why? Because the form packets get separated upon arrival. This usually prevents this issue youve encountered as you would have let them know on your AP (and EAD) coverletter that you are submitting all concurrently so there would be no confusion that the I131 fee might be owed since they cannot necessarily see or bother to check if you filed the I485 too. 

 

For you, follow the above post now and submit a photocopy of your I485 Noa1 so they know you filed concurrently.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Too late now for you but for others reading, my recommendation is to submit a separate cover letter with each form explaining you are filing concurrently.

Why? Because the form packets get separated upon arrival. This usually prevents this issue youve encountered as you would have let them know on your AP (and EAD) coverletter that you are submitting all concurrently so there would be no confusion that the I131 fee might be owed since they cannot necessarily see or bother to check if you filed the I485 too. 

 

For you, follow the above post now and submit a photocopy of your I485 Noa1 so they know you filed concurrently.

I actually did put a different cover letter for each form. One for the I-485, I-765, I-131 and so on. I read a response you actually put out to someone to do that so I did. Currently, I have no received the NOA1 in the mail for the I-485, only the text. 

 

I appreciate the help.

 

35 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Nevermind what it says about the fee, it's just a generic letter. 

 

Send the i-131 back with a copy of the i-485 acceptance letter. 

 

She is now under "authorized stay" until a decision has been made, yes.

I figured that it was generic, but I just wanted to make sure. 

 

Thanks for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NDP22 said:

I actually did put a different cover letter for each form. One for the I-485, I-765, I-131 and so on. I read a response you actually put out to someone to do that so I did. Currently, I have no received the NOA1 in the mail for the I-485, only the text. 

 

I appreciate the help.

 

I figured that it was generic, but I just wanted to make sure. 

 

Thanks for the help!

What cover letter did you put? I didn't put any cover letters, just sent the forms with pictures and check. So far everything is like it supposed to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

What cover letter did you put? I didn't put any cover letters, just sent the forms with pictures and check. So far everything is like it supposed to be.

I just put a cover letter on each form that I sent indicating what all information and supporting documents I had with each one. Just to make sure I had everything straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

Got it. I didn't put any cover letters. So far so good.

Cover letters are recommended, not a requirement.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC:

04-19-2019 - Earliest filing date

04-22-2019 - I-751 sent with USPS (AZ lockbox)

04-24-2019 - Delivered/Received date

04-30-2019 - Check cashed

04-30-2019 - NOA1 text/email (WAC)

05-03-2019 - NOA1 hardcopy/extension letter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...