VikiV

GC petitioner hasn’t paid taxes

23 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, VikiV said:

Marieke, I think that my fiance has the same problem - laziness and the paperwork. Thank you very much for your help.

As soon as my husband understood that filing taxes was necessary to allow me to stay, he finally got it all sorted, with a bit of help (nagging and pushing) from me. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Marieke H said:

As soon as my husband understood that filing taxes was necessary to allow me to stay, he finally got it all sorted, with a bit of help (nagging and pushing) from me. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Marieke H said:

Hahaha I feel you, I’m in the same situation and it gets annoying. I wish he knew earlier that he could file the taxes and pay them later. I’m glad you shared your experience with me I was starting to feel helpless.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, VikiV said:

Thank you. Exactly, we are not even married yet. I’m trying to figure out the best way how to procede with it. My visa expires soon and I don’t think we’ll be able to figure out the taxes before that. However, as you are suggesting we could get married before my visa expires and file for green card after the taxes are sorted, do I understand it correctly?

You are adjusting status?  

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, VikiV said:

Is that how it is called when I’m already in the US? Do you know if that changes anything in the process?

It adds urgency.  Grab that boy’s ear and drag him over to a tax accountant soonest

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hello guys, our sponser sent me an extension letter(instead of 2018 taxes since he has a big business) but the embassy called and told us that they are gonna need the 2018 taxes and an extension letter wont be sufficient during our... We called our sponser and he said that he hasnt even began filing for taxes and our interview is in 2 weeks. Has anyone been in a similar situation before?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
6 hours ago, jad.elkhechen said:

hello guys, our sponser sent me an extension letter(instead of 2018 taxes since he has a big business) but the embassy called and told us that they are gonna need the 2018 taxes and an extension letter wont be sufficient during our... We called our sponser and he said that he hasnt even began filing for taxes and our interview is in 2 weeks. Has anyone been in a similar situation before?

You need to postpone your interview until you get the Joint Sponsor's 2018 tax return since the US Embassy has told you that it is necessary.  

Alternatively, you can get another Joint Sponsor who has their 2018 tax return.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.