Jump to content
praisejourney

Attorney Filed Paper w/o Multiple Filer Waiver

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our attorney just filed our K1 application without a general waiver. They said that it was not needed since the K1 application in 2001 was cancelled.  Is this true or will I receive an RFE? They seemed very confident that I didn't need it but am worried at this point. They also did not check the box for multiple filer.  Here are the dates.

 

K1 Visa Filed in 2001 - Cancelled

K1 Visa Filed in 2002 - Married 13 years then divorced

K1 Visa Filed in 2019

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

Our attorney just filed our K1 application without a general waiver. They said that it was not needed since the K1 application in 2001 was cancelled.  Is this true or will I receive an RFE? They seemed very confident that I didn't need it but am worried at this point. They also did not check the box for multiple filer.  Here are the dates.

 

K1 Visa Filed in 2001 - Cancelled

K1 Visa Filed in 2002 - Married 13 years then divorced

K1 Visa Filed in 2019

 

 

 

If this is the 3rd K-1 filing, then yes, a waiver is needed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

If this is the 3rd K-1 filing, then yes, a waiver is needed.  

Do you know if it is possible to send supplemental information to them or do I have to wait and get an RFE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, praisejourney said:

Do you know if it is possible to send supplemental information to them or do I have to wait and get an RFE?

Standard VJ response is that it is unlikely that documents sent later will be matched up with the original petition, but personally this is something I did, and it worked.

 

I wrote a short, concise cover letter explaining what I was sending, referencing our NOA1 # etc, and sent it directly to the CSC in Laguna Niguel, CA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Standard VJ response is that it is unlikely that documents sent later will be matched up with the original petition, but personally this is something I did, and it worked.

 

I wrote a short, concise cover letter explaining what I was sending, referencing our NOA1 # etc, and sent it directly to the CSC in Laguna Niguel, CA.

Thanks for all of your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I hope your attorney is doing the letter for free, since they are the one's that screwed up.

 

1. You are filing this petition on behalf of your fiancé(e) and you previously filed Form I-129Fs on behalf of two or more
fiancé(e) beneficiaries;

 

Its right there, on page 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is closed to further comment.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...