tangmo

I still wait to do fingerprint.

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been waiting to do the fingerprint stuff for 75 days already. How long usually it takes?

I saw so many people got their fingerprint schedule after they got their receipt in 2 weeks at the most, but for me it's been almost 3 months and nothing has change.

Should I call USCIS and what question should I go for? Because I feel like I called them and they just gonna tell me to check the process on website, which doesnt' worth 60mins of waiting.

I just want to go home so bad, book tickets to go back home on January hope everything will work! Plus, stay at home is boring! My husband is not a millionaire, we need money to survive ...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No harm in calling.   I'm guessing you file about the third week of May.  Many of us are in this situation where people before and after have gotten biometrics but for some reason,  those that filled when we did experiencing some sort of glitch 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

No harm in calling.   I'm guessing you file about the third week of May.  Many of us are in this situation where people before and after have gotten biometrics but for some reason,  those that filled when we did experiencing some sort of glitch 

Hope they did not lost those files.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, tangmo said:

Hope they did not lost those files.

I'm on our third service request and will do number 4 on Monday until I get satisfaction 

YMMV

2 hours ago, tangmo said:

I just want to go home so bad, book tickets to go back home on January hope everything will work! Plus, stay at home is boring! My husband is not a millionaire, we need money to survive ...

I'm with you on that...it's tough, isn't it?

Likewise I also filed in the third week of May. I had a biometrics appointment earlier this week, but it appears that was just for my EAD and not my AOS. It looks like I'll have to go back for another biometrics appointment at some point in the future, but I'm still waiting to find out when that appointment will be. I put in a service request last month and the response I got was that my application is still being processed. As soon as 30 days are up from when I filed that service request I'm putting in another one - and will continue to do so until I get that appointment. 

2 hours ago, JudeB77 said:

I'm with you on that...it's tough, isn't it?

Likewise I also filed in the third week of May. I had a biometrics appointment earlier this week, but it appears that was just for my EAD and not my AOS. It looks like I'll have to go back for another biometrics appointment at some point in the future, but I'm still waiting to find out when that appointment will be. I put in a service request last month and the response I got was that my application is still being processed. As soon as 30 days are up from when I filed that service request I'm putting in another one - and will continue to do so until I get that appointment. 

Good for you that you finally got your biometrics appointment! I really don't know what to think right now, it's so frustrating. So you got your EAD already too? 

How to request a service?  Maybe I should do it too.  Good luck!

Edited by tangmo

48 minutes ago, tangmo said:

So you got your EAD already too?

Not yet. Still waiting. I'm hoping the recent decrease in estimated processing time plus my biometrics appointment means I won't be waiting too long, but you never know with USCIS

On 8/4/2019 at 8:20 AM, payxibka said:

I'm on our third service request and will do number 4 on Monday until I get satisfaction 

WT%?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I just wanted to update you guys since I am in the same boat as you. I sent my AOS package on May 13th with NOA1 date May 20th. 

I was also waiting for my biometrics appointment for so long until today! First, I filed my second service request on August 1st and yesterday I received an email from USCIS saying that my case information has been entered into a scheduling system and I should wait until I get scheduled.

Well I called USCIS today, got to a tier 2 officer who told me that I was scheduled yesterday for biometrics on August 22nd! 

I really think we got into some sort of a glitch and USCIS forgot to input our information into their scheduling system

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.