HOPE2019.

6 years and counting. 1-130 approved, I-601 and I-212 approved. Now what?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

We started this journey in 2013.   we got our I-130 approved in 2016.   I attended the interview at the Santo Domingo consulate on August 2016.   When I attended the interview, I was provided (2 months letter) with a refusal letter 221 (g) saying that I was inadmissible in October 2016 but that I qualified for the I-601 waiver.  I filed the I-601 waiver at the Nebraska office on Feb 2017.  We waited almost 2 years  (October 2018) before we received an RFE asking for additional evidence of rehabilitation (18 years have passed) along with additional evidence to prove hardship conditions for the US citizen (petitioner and 4 kids - US citizens) such as medical assessments, country assessments, religious letters, new personal references, medical records, medical records of US citizen (petitioner) family members, public charge information (assets, skills, banking etc)  I submitted all the requested information on January 2019, on April 2019 we got another RFE , none of the previous conditions listed were deemed a problem anymore but they wanted a copy of the I-212 receipt (permission to re-apply after deportation order of removal).  Even though I did not need to have the I-212 (I left voluntarily l on 2006 and never returned to the USA)  I went ahead and I filed the I-212 with proof that I had departed in 2006.  WE FINALLY GOT APPROVED JULY 13TH 2019. 

I sent a copy of the approved waivers to the US embassy in the Dominican Republic.  They finally confirmed receipt of the approval notice from USCIS, and they informed me 2 days ago that the consular officer is already working on the case.  We can't help but wonder if anything negative will pop up.  The consulate had our file for almost 2 months before sending me the 221 (g) notice after the initial interview.  I can't think of a reason for them to deny the Visa but I can't help but wonder.  I have been married to a US citizen for over 24 years and have 4 US Citizens' kids (All under 18). 

Has anyone seen a denial of a visa after 221 (g) + I-601 + I-212 approval?  I'm having a hard time finding information on the internet except in cases where "fraud or miss-representation is suspected (K-1, Fake marriage etc).

Does anyone know how long is taking for a consular officer to review a file i(Santo Domingo) or for the applicant to be called for another interview.  We are happy but very cautious.  This has been a very hard, difficult journey.  Any information is greatly appreciate it .  Thank you so much.  If you have questions on how we were able to overcome every milestone, please feel free to ask

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

K1 ,waiver for misrepresentaion approved after 16 months,consul sent me email to go back the consulate after one month of approval.after a long and scrutinized interview,he request for evidence.They received more evidence already more than one months.still under AP.The case.is no updated.I.hate this consular.He has no mercy at all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you done a medical?

That could cause a failure, something new that has come up in the period the waiver has been processed, I have seen it happen but not very often.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Have you done a medical?

That could cause a failure, something new that has come up in the period the waiver has been processed, I have seen it happen but not very often.

Hi, I did the medical in 2016 but nothing has changed from that perspective.  I suppose that I will be asked to do it again because it has been over a year but I do not expect any changes at that end.  

29 minutes ago, ilovelondon said:

K1 ,waiver for misrepresentaion approved after 16 months,consul sent me email to go back the consulate after one month of approval.after a long and scrutinized interview,he request for evidence.They received more evidence already more than one months.still under AP.The case.is no updated.I.hate this consular.He has no mercy at all

do they have any posted timelines?  I know, the wait is unbearable. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, HOPE2019. said:

Hi, I did the medical in 2016 but nothing has changed from that perspective.  I suppose that I will be asked to do it again because it has been over a year but I do not expect any changes at that end.  

do they have any posted timelines?  I know, the wait is unbearable. 

no time line

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hope2019, my family and I are on the same boat. Has the consular in Santo Domingo scheduled an interview for you?

Our waiver got approved by uscis as well.  But we haven’t heard anything from the Santo Domingo consulate nor NVC. I am wondering if we should call the office in SDO or NVC? Or do we just wait? We had an interview less than a year ago 

On 8/2/2019 at 11:45 AM, HOPE2019. said:

Hi,

We started this journey in 2013.   we got our I-130 approved in 2016.   I attended the interview at the Santo Domingo consulate on August 2016.   When I attended the interview, I was provided (2 months letter) with a refusal letter 221 (g) saying that I was inadmissible in October 2016 but that I qualified for the I-601 waiver.  I filed the I-601 waiver at the Nebraska office on Feb 2017.  We waited almost 2 years  (October 2018) before we received an RFE asking for additional evidence of rehabilitation (18 years have passed) along with additional evidence to prove hardship conditions for the US citizen (petitioner and 4 kids - US citizens) such as medical assessments, country assessments, religious letters, new personal references, medical records, medical records of US citizen (petitioner) family members, public charge information (assets, skills, banking etc)  I submitted all the requested information on January 2019, on April 2019 we got another RFE , none of the previous conditions listed were deemed a problem anymore but they wanted a copy of the I-212 receipt (permission to re-apply after deportation order of removal).  Even though I did not need to have the I-212 (I left voluntarily l on 2006 and never returned to the USA)  I went ahead and I filed the I-212 with proof that I had departed in 2006.  WE FINALLY GOT APPROVED JULY 13TH 2019. 

I sent a copy of the approved waivers to the US embassy in the Dominican Republic.  They finally confirmed receipt of the approval notice from USCIS, and they informed me 2 days ago that the consular officer is already working on the case.  We can't help but wonder if anything negative will pop up.  The consulate had our file for almost 2 months before sending me the 221 (g) notice after the initial interview.  I can't think of a reason for them to deny the Visa but I can't help but wonder.  I have been married to a US citizen for over 24 years and have 4 US Citizens' kids (All under 18). 

Has anyone seen a denial of a visa after 221 (g) + I-601 + I-212 approval?  I'm having a hard time finding information on the internet except in cases where "fraud or miss-representation is suspected (K-1, Fake marriage etc).

Does anyone know how long is taking for a consular officer to review a file i(Santo Domingo) or for the applicant to be called for another interview.  We are happy but very cautious.  This has been a very hard, difficult journey.  Any information is greatly appreciate it .  Thank you so much.  If you have questions on how we were able to overcome every milestone, please feel free to ask

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing for us out of Manila USEM, initial interview in June 2019. Married to a US citizen for over 20 years and have 2 US Citizens' kids. 

221G additional document submitted with passport, I-601 waiver approved, sadly just received a 221G for Administrative Processing.

I wanted to ask the same thing:

Has anyone seen a denial of a visa after I-601 approval and they were put through 221G? 

Edited by DAWme

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.