Liflead

USCIS customer care number for AOS questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do a simple GOOGLE search for the number if you already don't have the number available on any of your USCIS paperwork. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 7/28/2019 at 11:27 AM, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Do a simple GOOGLE search for the number if you already don't have the number available on any of your USCIS paperwork. :thumbs:

I tried the number that is on the NOAs and on the Google too. They are same. When I dial that it gives all kinda various options but doesn't give an option where it gives an option to talk to an agent. Since ppl mention here about their contact with customer care agents so thought of asking here the number and the extension, if any. I hope someone share that.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Liflead said:

I tried the number that is on the NOAs and on the Google too. They are same. When I dial that it gives all kinda various options but doesn't give an option where it gives an option to talk to an agent. Since ppl mention here about their contact with customer care agents so thought of asking here the number and the extension, if any. I hope someone share that.

There are numerous phone trees mentioned in the threads. However, it seems that they are always changing. Likely due to the very high number of calls as a result of the large number of pending cases and the ongoing stagnation of progressing times, simply put..they are likely overwhelmed with phone calls.

How's the weather lately in the Western Slope? I lived for a number of years in the Redlands area of Grand Junction.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Liflead said:

It’s the same number but getting to talk to an agent can be a bit tedious. Easiest way is to go through the options and select that you dont know case number. That should connect you with a live operator. There is no specific extension you can select.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

There are numerous phone trees mentioned in the threads. However, it seems that they are always changing. Likely due to the very high number of calls as a result of the large number of pending cases and the ongoing stagnation of progressing times, simply put..they are likely overwhelmed with phone calls.

How's the weather lately in the Western Slope? I lived for a number of years in the Redlands area of Grand Junction.

Yes! They changed the options lately. I tried some combination and was on phone for almost an hour. Guess option 2 and then option 5 which is the option for technical errors takes u to an agent but the wait is long. Waited for an hour more and still cudnt get thru. Guess I shud call when they open or maybe an hour before they close.

GJ is amazing with lotta stuff to do. There was airshow yesterday by the Navy. Small music concerts, farmer's market, etc happens in the downtown area. I have joined the library so I kill my time reading books or watching DVDs on America that I get from the library. I hope the work permit comes soon so that I can start contributing to the daily expenses. :)

I'm sorry but USCIS Customer Care made me laugh a little....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.