Salahn12

Waiting for K-1 Visa Interview Date

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

It's been a long process and finally we are waiting for interview phase...I want to know if there's anyone else waiting for an interview or has gone through the visa interview in Kabul, Afghanistan. My case has been sent from the NVC on June 11 2019 to the Kabul Embassy. I emailed the Embassy on June 30 2019 asking about my case status to which they said, "Our office has received your fiancee’s visa application and her case is currently in our appointment queue.  As soon as an appointment becomes available, we will contact you with further instructions." I emailed them again on July 20 2019 to which they said, "As previously indicated, your finance's visa application is currently in our appointment queue.  As soon as an appointment becomes available, we will contact you with further instructions." It's almost 2 months that my case is at the Embassy and waiting for an interview date. Is it usually for the Embassy to take this long in appointing an interview date.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance and I are in the same situation, though dealing with the Sydney Embassy in Australia rather than Kaubl. I have no idea how far out they book appointments, but I am hopeful that they will open up some new slot at the beginning of next month. Maybe someone who can been in this situation before can answer better as I am just speculating. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone. Hang in there!

Timeline

I was getting worried thinking it was just at Kabul that they take such a long time just to appointment an interview date. And who knows how far out they’ll appoint it for. Hopefully next month they open up some new slots. 

All we can do is just wait. Good luck to you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 5:46 PM, Salahn12 said:

It's been a long process......

Those words are truer than ever, it was a long process, it is getting longer and longer, and it will likely take much longer in the near future. Sadly, you haven't seen anything yet. :help:

The thing to keep in mind is that this entire journey is not a sprint race, rather it is a marathon. You have to learn how to pace yourself.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Salahn12 said:

I was getting worried thinking it was just at Kabul that they take such a long time just to appointment an interview date. And who knows how far out they’ll appoint it for. Hopefully next month they open up some new slots. 

All we can do is just wait. Good luck to you.

Jordan is even worse. I think Lebanon as well. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Comanutd33 said:

Also waiting for Kabul! I'll update you if anything, my case has been there since late June so we've just hit one month

Seems like we are in the same boat. I'll update you as well if I here from them. 

Timeline
On 7/31/2019 at 5:49 AM, Salahn12 said:

Kabul embassy emailed me this morning. 

Interview date is September 3rd....now just  got to prep for the interview. 

Just got my interview scheduled for 9/8! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 7:46 PM, Salahn12 said:

It's been a long process and finally we are waiting for interview phase...I want to know if there's anyone else waiting for an interview or has gone through the visa interview in Kabul, Afghanistan. My case has been sent from the NVC on June 11 2019 to the Kabul Embassy. I emailed the Embassy on June 30 2019 asking about my case status to which they said, "Our office has received your fiancee’s visa application and her case is currently in our appointment queue.  As soon as an appointment becomes available, we will contact you with further instructions." I emailed them again on July 20 2019 to which they said, "As previously indicated, your finance's visa application is currently in our appointment queue.  As soon as an appointment becomes available, we will contact you with further instructions." It's almost 2 months that my case is at the Embassy and waiting for an interview date. Is it usually for the Embassy to take this long in appointing an interview date.  

i have recieved an email from NVC that they will forward my petition on july 23 2019, it has been almost a month now i havent recieved any notification if the embassy recieved my packet. At this point do i contact the embassy and ask if they recieved my i29f for k1 visa .

do i also wait for another letter for further instructions on what to do like assigning me an interview date  or  fill in the ds160 .i am clueless.

i hope you can give me some advice thank you so much !

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MN_diabeenum said:

i have recieved an email from NVC that they will forward my petition on july 23 2019, it has been almost a month now i havent recieved any notification if the embassy recieved my packet. At this point do i contact the embassy and ask if they recieved my i29f for k1 visa .

do i also wait for another letter for further instructions on what to do like assigning me an interview date  or  fill in the ds160 .i am clueless.

i hope you can give me some advice thank you so much !

Yah so same thing happened with me. 

Two months from receiving the letter from the NVC with them stating that my I-129f was sent I received another letter from the embassy stating my interview date and what to bring. 

So at this point I would just wait until the embassy emails you with an interview date and items to bring to the interview as well. 

You can contact the embassy to see if they received your case at KabulIV@state.gov.

In the mean time you can fill out the DS-160 online and gather the documents for the affidavit of support.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Comanutd33 said:

Not yet, what about yours? 

No it’s tomorrow August 20.

Just wanted to ask about the photos that they are asking. They want 16 photos of 3x4, but do your ears need to be shown? Also what’s the deal with the family members photo on a cd in .jpeg format? The wording is confusing. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.