Together4ever

VISA APPROVED

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The Embassy says they approved Mohammed's visa. It was all very strange and we are both left confused. He was called to the window, the woman opened his case on the computer, she asked to see his receipt and said "Ok you're done, you can go." He said, "What? I don't talk to the Consular Officer again?" She said, "No. You're finished. You can go." He said, "Is my visa approved?" She said, "Yes, we will send your passport in 10 days." He asked her 3 more times, "Is my visa approved?" She said yes and then told him he was giving her a headache. (You don't know Mohammed... LOL)

Of course, as luck would have it, in the middle of our phone call it got cut off and I'm waiting for him to call back. I just don't feel easy about this because I've read all the stories. I am expecting to be lost in AR now. I did send the Embassy an email asking them to please verify the information. We'll see what they say. I wish I could dance and celebrate. I just know no one gets their passport in 10 days.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damm you gotta be having a mixture of emotions right now. I sure hope you get confirmation of this soon so you can dance dance dance.

Congratulations....early perhaps but Im thinking positively for you :thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

congratulations!! I have heard plenty of people get their visas within 10 days!! I'm sure they told u right :dance: I'm so excited for you both :D

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations and hopefully your visa will not be in extended AR. Stay positive and maybe you will have in hand in week or two.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just Waiting! I don't think they would BS him about the visa. What's strange is that he didnt' have an interview. LOL Wow, hope that happens to my husband. Congratulations girl! :dance::dance::dance:

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

congrats :dance:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Yes, sounds like everything indicates he will be getting his visa! Not to rain on your parade, that "visa in 10 days" could be a bit more if you go into AR like my Ahmed did. BUT, he will be getting his visa at the end of that . . . I had to keep telling Ahmed that while we were waiting. . . "yes, you are getting the visa. there isn't a problem. This waiting thru AR is typical for Egypt".

I didn't like the wait, he didn't like the wait, and I know you and Mohammad won't like the wait either. Insha'allah, you won't have much more waiting to do and NOW YOU CAN BREATHE A HUGE SIGN OF RELIEF because THE INTERVIEW IS OVER!!! YEAH!!!!

Catherine

And a bit surprised about them NOT asking him questions, but hey!! they'd obviously been looking at his papers a bit more, etc. since they called him to remind him about the interview. I think they already have a good idea about who will get a visa when the beneficiaries show up for an interview (based on what they see in the papers). I think the interview can be hard if they have doubts. We had an easy interview with few questions (and nothing tricky). I was surprised that they asked so few questions . . . but who wants to argue with that??? So I think they decided not to bother, maybe??? :D

I hope you are getting some sleep, just_waiting, LOL!! :dance::dance::dance:

Catherine

I don't expect to see his passport returned any time soon. If it does... GREAT!! If not, as you said, it will eventually.

Guys its just not sinking in. Ten months of my life has been devoted 100% to only this. My mind just won't wrap around it. I'm almost afraid to believe its true.

But if anything, I am relaxing a bit and it feels good to release those white knuckles.

Guys its just not sinking in. Ten months of my life has been devoted 100% to only this. My mind just won't wrap around it. I'm almost afraid to believe its true.

But if anything, I am relaxing a bit and it feels good to release those white knuckles.

I know what you mean . . . it had been one year since we married and I had not seen him when I decided to go to Cairo at the beginning of the month. I was wondering how much longer we would be waiting because I knew it could be longer (yep, told 3-6 months by DOS and I know someone that took 7 months!! oh, my!). So to me, even with all the trauma of the last several months of waiting for things to happen (and the extracurricular eating due to the stress and doubts and work and . . .you know it . . . it has been stressful), it all melts away when you finally get the word "The Visa has been issued!". Of course, then there are new challenges, but at least you know that you don't have to wait indefinitely for the start of the next phase of life "COMING TO AMERICA"!!!

I have a suggestion . . . put on some ME music and dance, LOL, :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: . . . I have a Nawal el Zoughby CD I made Ahmed go get for me while I was in Cairo, with many danceable tunes. After having watched multiple music videos on the TV, I told him that I needed some new music . . . so I got Nawal, Hisham Abbas (a friend of mine dances in some of his videos, LOL) and Khaled Aggag (very nice voice, I love this guy). Dancing always makes me feel better :D .

Catherine

Edited by cbarrosmostafa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.