klgck

Police Check Ontario, Canada

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@klgck I just spoke with the Sault Ste Marie detachment of the RCMP. They told me that the local police station can do a certified criminal record check. They’re done by appointment so that they can make sure that a fingerprinting person is scheduled. 

I’m not sure if Hamilton is any different, or if the RCMP might do them since you’re in a bigger city. 

Best of luck! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, minails said:

@klgck I just spoke with the Sault Ste Marie detachment of the RCMP. They told me that the local police station can do a certified criminal record check. They’re done by appointment so that they can make sure that a fingerprinting person is scheduled. 

I’m not sure if Hamilton is any different, or if the RCMP might do them since you’re in a bigger city. 

Best of luck! 

Awesome! That's great to know. Hopefully you get yours quickly! 

Timeline

Okay so this is probably a dumb question but where is it stated that we have to have a check with fingerprints? On my packet 3 and anything else I’ve seen it just states a criminal record check. What I’ve found online is that most of those don’t require a fingerprint check so I’m confused. Is it absolutely necessary to have a check with fingerprinting done as well? 

K1 Visa Process:
I-129F Sent: February 28th 2019
NOA1: March 7th 2019

NOA2: May 16th 2019

NVC Arrival: June 14th 2019

NVC Depart: June 25th 2019

Consulate Recieved: June 27th 2019

Package 3 Rec: July 8th 2019

Package 3 Sent: July 15th 2019

Package 4 Rec: July 16th 2019

Medical: August 29th 2019

Interview: September 11th 2019

Visa Issued: September 12th 2019

Visa On Hand: September 16th 2019

US Entry:

Marriage:

Timeline
5 hours ago, MarissaKyler said:

Okay so this is probably a dumb question but where is it stated that we have to have a check with fingerprints? On my packet 3 and anything else I’ve seen it just states a criminal record check. What I’ve found online is that most of those don’t require a fingerprint check so I’m confused. Is it absolutely necessary to have a check with fingerprinting done as well? 

Not a dumb question! If you check the link below and scroll down to the 'Police, Court, Prison Records' it explains what you need! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Timeline
4 hours ago, klgck said:

Not a dumb question! If you check the link below and scroll down to the 'Police, Court, Prison Records' it explains what you need! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Thank you so much!

K1 Visa Process:
I-129F Sent: February 28th 2019
NOA1: March 7th 2019

NOA2: May 16th 2019

NVC Arrival: June 14th 2019

NVC Depart: June 25th 2019

Consulate Recieved: June 27th 2019

Package 3 Rec: July 8th 2019

Package 3 Sent: July 15th 2019

Package 4 Rec: July 16th 2019

Medical: August 29th 2019

Interview: September 11th 2019

Visa Issued: September 12th 2019

Visa On Hand: September 16th 2019

US Entry:

Marriage:

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How long did you all wait for your police check to come back? I’m thinking I can’t make my interview and need to reschedule because I won’t have the check back in time, can you guys let me know your experience? 
thank you

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sunfl0wer said:

How long did you all wait for your police check to come back? I’m thinking I can’t make my interview and need to reschedule because I won’t have the check back in time, can you guys let me know your experience? 
thank you

Mine was 10 days 

Timeline
1 minute ago, minails said:

Mine was 10 days 

Where was yours done? Wondering If I go into the city if it would make it any quicker. And thank you! 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Sunfl0wer said:

Where was yours done? Wondering If I go into the city if it would make it any quicker. And thank you! 

I had mine done at the local police station in Sault Ste Marie. I actually had to have it done twice because the lady didn’t listen to me and did the wrong one the first time around. I actually printed the reciprocity agreement and brought it to the police station to show that I needed the privacy act check. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sunfl0wer said:

thank you

I got mine two weeks after it was done. It was so simple. She just took fingerprints of each finger, took a picture of me, I signed the form, paid and then left! I did mine in Niagara Falls since it was closest to me. Commissionaires is cheaper if you have the opportunity to do it there.

Edited by klgck

Timeline
5 hours ago, klgck said:

I got mine two weeks after it was done. It was so simple. She just took fingerprints of each finger, took a picture of me, I signed the form, paid and then left! I did mine in Niagara Falls since it was closest to me. Commissionaires is cheaper if you have the opportunity to do it there.

I wonder if commissionares are just as fast? They literally gave me 1.5 weeks and Thanksgiving  in there.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sunfl0wer said:

I wonder if commissionares are just as fast? They literally gave me 1.5 weeks and Thanksgiving  in there.

My husband went to Commissionaires in Toronto. He got his clearance in a week. 

Timeline
Just now, SASAS said:

I’m going to go to the one in Hamilton tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get mine back quick too! Thank you.

Timeline

I went to Commissionaires in Hamilton today, in and out in 20 mins $56 they said it would be done in 72 hours and mailed to me. Thanks guys!!

Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 10:36 PM, SASAS said:

Did he recieve the clearance by mail or email or they gave him at the location? I went to commissionaires Mississauga they say they will mail it . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.