malenonimmigrant

Biometric Required When Initially It Didn't

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I had received a letter 2 months ago stating that biometrics weren't required of me for removing conditions on my I-751. On my Status report on USCIS's website, after entering my WAC number, the status said they didn't need my fingerprints and are working on my I-751 petition.

So I go on vacation and fly to another destination. Then yesterday, my house caretaker calls me and says that USCIS has sent a letter and is asking you to show up for a Biometrics appointment in 10 days. I'm confused! I even have alerts set up on USCIS to alert me if there's been a change in my case to email me, and I received nothing. When I enter the WAC number on the new letter asking for Biometrics, the message still says online that they don't need my fingerprints. Is this a mistake by USCIS? Do I need to end my travels early to fly back and get this done? Do I call a hotline number to discuss this?

Please help!

10/1/2011 - OPT to H1b

11/5/2015 - Got married to wife (USC)

03/7/2016 - AOS package receipt

04/6/2016 - Biometrics completed

07/6/2016 - EAD card received

9/17/2016 - Notice of interview at USCIS San Francisco office received

10/20/2016 - Date of AOS interview CR1 at USCIS San Francisco office

10/26/2016 - Conditional Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You never receive a status update when your biometrics appointment has been scheduled, it only updates after you have had your biometrics taken. 

And yes, according to what you can see here on VJ the majority of people who get a letter about "re-using old biometrics" get a biometrics appointment later on in the process. Very common.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

It has happened to a lot lately. 

You can can call and reschedule the appointment if you can’t make it. 

I called and re-scheduled over the phone. Should I worry that the incompetent folks at these offices will really re-schedule this? He said they will mail me a letter with the new date and time. I just don't want to risk it where I don't show up to the original scheduled date, and then find out that the guy didn't update the system and they ended up abandoning my file due to failure of showing up for my original biometrics appointment.

10/1/2011 - OPT to H1b

11/5/2015 - Got married to wife (USC)

03/7/2016 - AOS package receipt

04/6/2016 - Biometrics completed

07/6/2016 - EAD card received

9/17/2016 - Notice of interview at USCIS San Francisco office received

10/20/2016 - Date of AOS interview CR1 at USCIS San Francisco office

10/26/2016 - Conditional Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.