12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello guys this is our story. me and my fiance met in a matrimonial site called jeevansathi.com. we got RFEwhere we met. we both deleted our ID in the matrimonial site, however my fiance noted down his ID and I had screenshot his ID, unfortunately we cannot recalled my ID number and details. I also deactivated my user email ID and login ID for privacy purpose but I'm using my given phone number which is active till date. we email jeevansathi to help us for details of my ID, but their response wasn't helpful. can anyone help us how to deal with this situation?

Edited by Jo & Ru

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Also, check what the RFE is saying carefully. If they're asking about how you met, they're asking about your in-person meeting, not when you first started communicating online.

In almost all circumstances, the only things USCIS is concerned about as far as any web site you might have met on are

•  If it is considered an International Marriage Broker by US law
  •  If it is, did it comply with all regulations regarding IMBs
K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
59 minutes ago, afvohra786 said:

Simply write an affidavit explaining how you both met. Then sign it. Also, obtain letters from any mutual friends explaining that you two are genuine couple. 

sadly we don't have mutual friends. his 20 yrs old daughter know  everything about us. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Also, check what the RFE is saying carefully. If they're asking about how you met, they're asking about your in-person meeting, not when you first started communicating online.

In almost all circumstances, the only things USCIS is concerned about as far as any web site you might have met on are

•  If it is considered an International Marriage Broker by US law
  •  If it is, did it comply with all regulations regarding IMBs

oyeah,  forgot to click on wether we met through IMB. do we need to proof with the chat log, ID number and all the details through which we met in the interview stage? anyone have idea ?

There’s 2 separate requirements:

1) That you did not meet through an IMB (or that appropriate document was provided if you did), and

2) That you met in person at least once in the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F.

Read the RFE carefully - which one is it asking about?

If it’s about #1, you can provide the site’s TOS and describe that it is not an IMB because xyz.

An affidavit or letters from others about your relationship is not what is being asked. They do not determine the relationship’s validity at the time of filing the I-129F, so they will not RFE for anything along those lines.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
18 hours ago, geowrian said:

There’s 2 separate requirements:

1) That you did not meet through an IMB (or that appropriate document was provided if you did), and

2) That you met in person at least once in the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F.

Read the RFE carefully - which one is it asking about?

If it’s about #1, you can provide the site’s TOS and describe that it is not an IMB because xyz.

An affidavit or letters from others about your relationship is not what is being asked. They do not determine the relationship’s validity at the time of filing the I-129F, so they will not RFE for anything along those lines.

this was written. we requested the website where we met to give us a disclaimer that it is not an IMB (as they told us that it isn't an IMB) but the RFE requested for original copy as well. do I need to bring the copy during interview if things goes well?

Edited by Unlockable
attachment contained personal info

Timeline
2 minutes ago, samnrong said:

Read carefully. RFE is not asking for original copy of the terms and conditions from the website. The “original” copy refers to the RFE itself, as in “return all support with this ORIGINAL copy

of the RFE on top”. 

oh thank you so much for clerifying my worry, now I see stating that " with this original request" I'm happy to be here in VJ  as members could share our doubts and worries and other members were ever ready to help others.

*** One post edited to remove attachment with personal info.

VJ moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

{Quoted message removed}

Incorrect advice.  This is not what the RFE is asking for.

Edited by Unlockable

10 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

10 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I posted this comment before OP provided exact details of RFE. Trying to delete it but visa journey won’t let me. 

2 minutes ago, afvohra786 said:

I posted this comment before OP provided exact details of RFE. Trying to delete it but visa journey won’t let me. 

Regardless, affidavits are usually very weak evidence, as no one is going to write a negative one, and there is no consequence for "falsifying."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.