Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Recently got my fiancé’s K1 Visa interview date at the embassy in Bratislava listed for the 13 of August.. started filling out my affidavit of support form I-134; thinking co sponsors were allowed, did some research some say yes some say no; mainly depending on the embassy however the U.S. embassy in Slovakia does not specify, I am thinking about emailing them but trying to see here if anyone have any previous history using a co sponsor for the I-134 in Slovakia or Europe in general? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks,

 

 

Edited by kolopop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, kolopop said:

Recently got my fiancé’s K1 Visa interview date at the embassy in Bratislava listed for the 13 of August.. started filling out my affidavit of support form I-134; thinking co sponsors were allowed, did some research some say yes some say no; mainly depending on the embassy however the U.S. embassy in Slovakia does not specify, I am thinking about emailing them but trying to see here if anyone have any previous history using a co sponsor for the I-134 in Slovakia or Europe in general? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks,

 

 

Co sponsor acceptance policy at any consulate other than your interviewing consulate is meaningless,  so a Europe in general answer doesn't help you.  I will add that the number of consulates that accept co sponsors is much larger than those that don't 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Co sponsor acceptance policy at any consulate other than your interviewing consulate is meaningless,  so a Europe in general answer doesn't help you.  I will add that the number of consulates that accept co sponsors is much larger than those that don't 

Makes sense, I saw a list somewhere that only listed maybe 5, or 6 embassies that did not allow them, and most if not all of them in Southeast Asia, Philippines being a big one mentioned. I’m just really stressing as the whole process is just a big kick in the gut sometimes. Thank you so much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kolopop said:

Makes sense, I saw a list somewhere that only listed maybe 5, or 6 embassies that did not allow them, and most if not all of them in Southeast Asia, Philippines being a big one mentioned. I’m just really stressing as the whole process is just a big kick in the gut sometimes. Thank you so much 

Philippines is probably the place to use a cosponsor as they except them routinely. But we stress not all embassy's do. If you take the time to email you may get an answer but i wouldn't hold by breath. Prepare one for the interview and bring it along. Nothing to lose but everything to gain.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...