AudiS4

Fiance work Visa with k1 visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, AudiS4 said:

My fiance works for a company that is USA based. We are waiting for our NOA2 which should be done in August. If she could get work Visa with her company will this affect our k1 Visa in any bad way?

To what purpose will you use the work Visa?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

it is not that straight forward to obtain a work visa even if you have a willing employer. there are specific requirements and not all positions/skillsets are feasible for a work visa. did her company already agreed to apply the work visa. if so what kind? its already too late to be able to obtain an H1B this year, the only other viable option i could think of is L1 which could take a number of months without premium processing. Both H1B and L1 are dual intent, so i don't see a use of K1 if she is eventually able to obtain an L1 before the K1 is approved. as she can marry and adjust on L1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Which work visa has she been offered, answer would depend.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Bajinga said:

it is not that straight forward to obtain a work visa even if you have a willing employer. there are specific requirements and not all positions/skillsets are feasible for a work visa. did her company already agreed to apply the work visa. if so what kind? its already too late to be able to obtain an H1B this year, the only other viable option i could think of is L1 which could take a number of months without premium processing. Both H1B and L1 are dual intent, so i don't see a use of K1 if she is eventually able to obtain an L1 before the K1 is approved. as she can marry and adjust on L1.

Ok all new to me with the work Visa and k1 still learning but she has had a conversation about this with her boss once and going to have another this week. She works for Goldman Sachs so they do approve of work visas she just is not sure if they will do this for her. She has asked about the opportunity and her boss was looking into it. So basically the K1 is what we were expecting to do but recently she had a conversation about going to the states to work because he knows she is engaged to me here in the states. So I just wanted to make sure this would not interfere with the k1 or if she did get the visa to work in states will that affect the k1 or it sounds like we could just marry if she got the work Visa after she moved here. She knows of others that work in states with work visas so it's possible to get one through the company but I don't know what her chances are. I just really want to make sure it doesn't mess things up for the worst and waste time. Just want to get clarification on how it would work and what are the pluses and minuses. 

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well it depends which work visa. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.