Gsnyds

Expedite EAD i-765 Based on active job offer financial hardships

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, 

I know there are some other threads in regards to my situation however I am hoping to gain more up to date info by reposting a thread. 

My spouse has an active job offer. Our current timeline is as follows:

Date filed: 6/17/19

NOA Date: 6/26/19

Bio Appt: 7/15/19

We have been assigned to the National Benefits Center.

I am curious if anyone has successfully gotten an expedited EAD in 2019 based on a job offer. The current processing time for the i-765 out of the National Benefits Center is 6.5-8.5 months. We currently have a verbal job offer for a well paid position that would allow for him to start working immediately. I will note that the offer letter has not been drafted yet so it might be possible to have them write it in a way that helps our case from their perspective as well as our own. 

Any suggestions on what exactly the offer letter should state?

Is it helpful to have them note why he is a strong fit for the position over other potential candidates (speaks 3 applicable languages and has strong background in his field)?

What were your steps of action to request the expedite? 

After the biometrics appointment are there any other restrictions to consider in terms of time before asking for the expedite?

Is the congressman/congresswoman involvement actually helpful?

If anyone has any updated information about their EAD expedited request I would greatly appreciate it. I understand many of us here are in a stressed state due to the waiting and I just hope to get some help in deciding on how best to approach the EAD expedite request since it will really be devastating if he is unable to accept this position. 

Thank you in advance 

Garrett 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

theres a whole thread of people, my husband included, who have had their ead expedited and approved in 2018 to present

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

I was able to expedite based on financial loss, however I was already working on F1 OPT that was set to expire today. I detailed the financial loss caused by not being able to work as a dollar amount based on the potential 6 month wait and that worked out for me.

I think you can request expedite any time after biometrics (I called them approx two weeks after my bio appointment). I did not involve a congressman and still got my expedite approved in five days after faxing in the evidence; but I'd say there's no harm in involving one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.