fluffykim

Issuance of subsequent k1 visa

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You will need to provide proof of why they left.  What is the date, you were to be married by?  Since you will not be able to start the process until you hear from the embassy, be prepared to start the K-1 process all over again.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

You will need to provide proof of why they left.  What is the date, you were to be married by?  Since you will not be able to start the process until you hear from the embassy, be prepared to start the K-1 process all over again.  

We have all that. I’m calling embassy today   We are in the 90 day window still 

Timeline
16 hours ago, angelbrown said:

Saw this response from third party website. The embassy should be able to provide more definitive clarification.

6442444C-15E1-4AF7-B5A2-375CE8B9924A.jpeg

the embassy is having me call back in an hour because the person was not in yet.  question though....when it says "using the information in the original petion, and the new ds-160, create a new case in NIV and adjut the validity date"

what do they mean create a new case in NIV?  how do i do that piece?? 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

the embassy is having me call back in an hour because the person was not in yet.  question though....when it says "using the information in the original petion, and the new ds-160, create a new case in NIV and adjut the validity date"

what do they mean create a new case in NIV?  how do i do that piece?? 

Do they mean mail in a new 129f?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

Do they mean mail in a new 129f?

For the NIV unit, submitting a new ds160 creates a new case number 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

For the NIV unit, submitting a new ds160 creates a new case number 

i talked to embassy...they gave me an email to send...and the lady was going to grab it now

i gave her all the information including old and new ds160

fingers crossed!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, fluffykim said:

i talked to embassy...they gave me an email to send...and the lady was going to grab it now

i gave her all the information including old and new ds160

fingers crossed!!!!

From the way I understood it, if he re-entered within the same 90 day period you would be ok. Otherwise, you may have to refile. Same petition with new DS 160 for a new case #. But sounds like you did get some clarification from the embassy. Positive it will all work out!🙂

Timeline
4 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

From the way I understood it, if he re-entered within the same 90 day period you would be ok. Otherwise, you may have to refile. Same petition with new DS 160 for a new case #. But sounds like you did get some clarification from the embassy. Positive it will all work out!🙂

our 90 day expires Sept 8th....so please good vibes.  from what i read...he SHOULD get a new interview date, then he pleads his case and gets approved/denied....but still get married withn 90 days if approved

my stomach is knots...who wants to do this 2x????  ahha

please put good vibes for us

Timeline
6 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

our 90 day expires Sept 8th....so please good vibes.  from what i read...he SHOULD get a new interview date, then he pleads his case and gets approved/denied....but still get married withn 90 days if approved

Is it possible he can get an interview and return before that date in time for you to get married? Or does it fall on the embassy’s timeframe? I know how long it takes for a funeral to take place in JA. Positive vibes sent. Bless up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

Did you get a marriage license already?  If not, do you need to factor in a waiting period from date of application until issuance?

YMMV

56 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

Sprinkling good vibes all over ya'll!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, angelbrown said:

Is it possible he can get an interview and return before that date in time for you to get married? Or does it fall on the embassy’s timeframe? I know how long it takes for a funeral to take place in JA. Positive vibes sent. Bless up.

that is what the process is supposed to be.  the funeral WAS saturday which is why he flew to it

we are in the 90day window

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Did you get a marriage license already?  If not, do you need to factor in a waiting period from date of application until issuance?

we have until Sep 8 and in MA it is 3 days only waiting period

Edited by fluffykim

Timeline

Depending on how fast the embassy moves I would think you still have plenty of time left. Did the person pass after he left JA? Just thinking out loud for you to be prepared for whatever questions the embassy asks being that another interview is required. Hopefully they will move fast and you guys are good! As you said fingers crossed.🤞🏽 Irie vibes🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.