20 posts in this topic

Jay and Ashley......Ashley and Jay.....lol--I don't even know where to begin with this one....

With most of us here sincerely trying to reunite with significant others.....I look at this couple and wonder how USCIS didn't see the red flags. Jay is a 20 year old child--at best. It is clear he does not have nor ever had the mental proclivity for what is considered to be appropriate adult behavior.  He couldn't even 'fake' it long enough as he was busted using a dating app less than a week after he and Ashley married.

Then there is Ashley....smh......They say Ashley is 32 years old....What would a 32 year old single mother of two (with a chronic illness/Lupus and Kidney Failure) see in a 20 year old boy??? !! I understand Ashley wants to pursue other 'reality' TV shows. That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that their K1 visa was ever approved.

Now Nicole and Azan.....wait--I need a glass of wine for that one !😉

Edited by Habanera

This show is a guilty pleasure of mine, and at the same time pure torment!

I realize they, of course, pick the wackiest couples for entertainment purposes, but I cannot help myself getting so incredibly frustrated that there are so many more of these cases alike (that don’t appear on national tv), and/or other shady engagements and marriages that USCIS have to plough through causing these huge backlogs and processing times because of increased scrutiny. 

People get divorced within 3 months, meaning that the visa process lasted longer than the marriage! I get that it’s different and maybe even difficult to all of a sudden finding yourself living together with your LDR partner but my goodness, so much time wasted on processing all these cases.. 🙄

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 7/7/2019 at 8:13 AM, JFH said:

We are talking about Jay and Ashley from “90-day fiancé” on TLC. 

He had a NTA for August due to his expired I-94 and not being in status at the moment. She didn’t file his AOS or she withdrew the I-864 (she is prone to changing her story). However he breached a protective order that she had against him and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He turned himself in on the warrant and he was immediately handed over to ICE and is currently in their custody. 

Finding another woman to marry in his case shouldn’t be too difficult. The whole marriage fell apart due to his activities with other women. And there is no shortage of women setting up Go Fund Me things for him now and visiting him in the prison. 

As as I understand it their divorce is not yet finalized. I don’t think he will have time to finalize the divorce, remarry and file a new AOS before being put on a plane to Jamaica. 

He signed the divorce papers on the show. Dont know if it went through or how long the process takes. He can also prove abuse on her end cause on the show she was being physical with him. So its just a big old mess with these two. Alot of lies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.