ram1009

NOA2 lost in the mail?????

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From studying the VJ flowchart there doesn't appear to be any "backup plan" if NOA2 gets lost in the mail.  It appears that the next step is for the petitioner to contact NVC to verify receipt of the I-129F but that step presumes the petitioner has received NOA2.  Nearly everyone around me on Igor's list has been approved including a few as much as 2 weeks further down the list.  I found this https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do on the USCIS website but it appears to be nothing more than a pacifier.

*** Moved from Off Topic to "K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures"

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

If it helps, we haven’t received our NOA2 either. NOA1 is from 7th March. To be honest I think it all depends who’s desk it falls on and how lucky you get. I’ve lost faith in the system completely because our petition was sent away to the appeals office by mistake. USCIS still haven’t updated us on our case, even missed the date they said they would get back to us by.

hopefully your experience is better, good luck. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JFrench said:

If it helps, we haven’t received our NOA2 either. NOA1 is from 7th March. To be honest I think it all depends who’s desk it falls on and how lucky you get. I’ve lost faith in the system completely because our petition was sent away to the appeals office by mistake. USCIS still haven’t updated us on our case, even missed the date they said they would get back to us by.

hopefully your experience is better, good luck. 

I never had any faith in the system to begin with.  especially with the current commander in chief.  Good luck to you, too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 hour ago, ram1009 said:

I never had any faith in the system to begin with.  especially with the current commander in chief.  Good luck to you, too.

Ugh... why do so many people believe that everything bad that happens within the United States is because of: "Meanie Mr. Trump!" people watch wayyy too much CNN, CBS etc. 🙄

This process has nothing to do with Trump, at all. USCIS and entities alike are unaffected by the president, they are their own institutions with their own "commanders in chief" 

The United State is probably one of the most incredibly ramified, bureaucracy filled country I've seen, no single person can control everything.  

If you already lost faith in the system this early on in the race, then you are doomed, for faith in the system is what brings success. 

You, me and all of us went in this process fully and willingly accepting that our approvals could come anywhere from in between 6 to 8 months according to official USCIS timelines. I've said it before and I will say it again,  exceptions should never be taken as norm, even if they appear to be a trend.

This process and them all have hurdles and bumps everywhere, some bigger than others, but that's all they are, bumps, not an impenetrable wall. Learn when and how to take action and you will be successful. 

Your time will come, and you must believe in that, for now, just sit tight and wait and that's everything you must do, wait, good things come to those who wait, users such as @Sarge2155 are a great example of this.

Spoiler

🐇 Sent I-129F: 03/14/2019 

🐇 I-129F NOA1: 03/22/2019 (Received The 18th)

🐇 I-129F NOA2: 06/15/2019 (85 days)

🐇Case transferred to NVC & Case# assigned: 07/10/2019 (25 days) 

🐇 NVC left: 07/23/2019 

🐇 Consulate Received: 07/26/2019 (CEAC switched to ready on the 30th) 

🐇 Interview date: 08/05/2019 (Approved :D:wub:!!!) 

If you don't believe it look at my time line,  but mine is peanuts  there is a couple who waited  582 days. Don't  give up it's  coming!!!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Ok, first of all....let's lay off of the political hacking and rhetoric from both sides. It is non-productive and divisive!! :wow:

You will need to get a copy of your Form I-797, K1 Visa Petition Approval Notice (NOA2) from USCIS. You are required to submit a copy of that notice later on during the AOS Process. Some folks have been fortunate to have received electronic notification from USCIS of approval of their K1 visa petition (NOA2), and have successfully used that email notice in lieu of the official Form I-797 approval notice. I would suggest that you get on the phone and get hold of a Tier 2 rep to try to get them to send you a duplicate, if you didn't receive the initial one. 

There is an official USCIS procedure, involving filling out Form I-824 along with a $465 filing fee should all else fail and you still need to receive a NOA2. That filing fee would be enough for me to call them up and try to get a duplicate sent without the fee.....

YMMV

Good luck on your immigration journey. 

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
5 hours ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Ok, first of all....let's lay off of the political hacking and rhetoric from both sides. It is non-productive and divisive!! :wow:

You will need to get a copy of your Form I-797, K1 Visa Petition Approval Notice (NOA2) from USCIS. You are required to submit a copy of that notice later on during the AOS Process. Some folks have been fortunate to have received electronic notification from USCIS of approval of their K1 visa petition (NOA2), and have successfully used that email notice in lieu of the official Form I-797 approval notice. I would suggest that you get on the phone and get hold of a Tier 2 rep to try to get them to send you a duplicate, if you didn't receive the initial one. How would you suggest getting anybody on the phone let alone a tier 2 person.  There's only one USCIS support number I know of and they tell you if you insist on talking to a person you will be told the same thing you can read on their website which is of no value.  The information I've managed to obtain is that no inquires will be accepted until at least 7.5 months past NOA1 which puts me into December.  There needs to be a simple, reliable way on line to find out if a NOA2 has been issued using the WAC number on the NOA1 form.  I have been to this   https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/showSplash.do   webpage but, frankly their disclaimer is intended to discourage reliability in the available information.

There is an official USCIS procedure, involving filling out Form I-824 along with a $465 filing fee should all else fail and you still need to receive a NOA2. That filing fee would be enough for me to call them up and try to get a duplicate sent without the fee.....   Only $465???   Such a deal.  That sounds about right for the 10 minutes it would take to find out if a NOA2 had ever been issues against a given NOA1 WAC number.

YMMV

Good luck on your immigration journey. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

Hey, don't go off on me!:wow: I am the guy that is trying to provide you with your viable options. I am not the one that got their NOA2 lost in the mail. :bonk: I will tell you what I am willing to do to help you, ram 1009, I will donate exactly 1/2 of the salary I receive from VJ towards your Form I-824 filing fee. Just write your address on the back of a twenty-dollar bill and mail it to me help the defray the cost of the currency transfer fees.

;)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

*** Let's stick to the topic and not to turn it into bickering back and forth.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
3 hours ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Hey, don't go off on me!:wow:        HA!!   If you think I've "gone off" on you it's only because you don't know me.I am the guy that is trying to provide you with your viable options.        Let me know when you start.  I haven't heard anything viable yet. I am not the one that got their NOA2 lost in the mail. :bonk:      Please don't put words in my mouth.  I never said anything was lost.  I only pointed out the absence of a backup plan.  I will tell you what I am willing to do to help you, ram 1009, I will donate exactly 1/2 of the salary I receive from VJ towards your Form I-824 filing fee. Just write your address on the back of a twenty-dollar bill and mail it to me help the defray the cost of the currency transfer fees.   Are you always this funny?  Whatever your salary is you're overpaid.

;)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Unlockable said:

*** Let's stick to the topic and not to turn it into bickering back and forth.

VJ Moderation

I'd like nothing better but there is always somebody like this guy hiding in the weeds.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Call the USCIS number at 7.05am Eastern time ... go through the push button system .:. When you get the Tier 1 operator, request to speak to a Tier 2 supervisor. Accept a call back option if you need to...repeat process as often as needed until you speak to the T2 Officer. Tier 1 only have access to the same info you can see on the website .. it’s not their fault .. that’s the way their job is structured .. but the T2 can get deeper into the system. 

We have all had to deal with the system. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Call the USCIS number at 7.05am Eastern time ... go through the push button system .:. When you get the Tier 1 operator, request to speak to a Tier 2 supervisor. Accept a call back option if you need to...repeat process as often as needed until you speak to the T2 Officer. Tier 1 only have access to the same info you can see on the website .. it’s not their fault .. that’s the way their job is structured .. but the T2 can get deeper into the system. 

We have all had to deal with the system. 

Thank you for your constructive wisdom.

*** The OP has received sufficient answers and in an effort to prevent this thread from deteriorating, it will be closed.

VJ Moderation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.