Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Guys what do you think about this cover letter for Aos as a k1 visa holder 

the documents are ok do i missed something thanks  

To Whom It May Concern:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Nature of the submission: I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Enclosed please find Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, Form I-131 Application for Travel Document, and Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization and all supporting documents.

My eligibility is based on the family-based based category as the spouse of Justin Paul Martin, U.S Citizen and petitioner of a I-129F  filed on December 19th, 2016.

Attached you can find the following:

1.       Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Includes:

Copy of Form 797C for Form I-129F filed on December 19th, 2016.

2 passport style photographs taken on July 2019.

Check in the amount of $1,225, with the combined total from fees of Form I-485 and Biometrics Services Fee, made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Copy of my foreign birth certificate

Copy of passport identity page, U.S. Visa and entry stamps.

Form I-94 for Arrival/Departure Record

Copy of Marriage Certificate

Form G-1145 to request E-Notification.

2.       Form I-864, Affidavit of Support signed by Justin Paul Martin, Sponsor and Petitioner

Includes:

Justin’s Passport, Birth Certificate and Driver's License copies

Tax Return for year 2016 2017 2018 copy

Copies of sponsor’s pay stubs for several weeks

Copy of Justin's 2018 W-2

3.       Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Includes:

A copy of Form I-94 to show my present status in the United States

4.       Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Includes:

A copy of Form I-94

Copy of Passport Identity Page

Copy of passport pages with U.S. Visa and entry stamps.

That cover letter is very well put together! Great job! :thumbs: 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

5 hours ago, eduardo12305 said:

To Whom It May Concern:

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Nature of the submission: I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Enclosed please find Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, Form I-131 Application for Travel Document, and Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization and all supporting documents.

My eligibility is based on the family-based based category as the spouse of Justin Paul Martin, U.S Citizen and petitioner of a I-129F  filed on December 19th, 2016.

1.       Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Includes:

CHECK GOES FIRST

G1145 SECOND

Copy of Form 797c (I-797 Noa2 APPROVAL NOTICE, NOT I-797C NOA1 RECEIPT NOTICE) for Form I-129F filed on December 19th, 2016.

2 passport style photographs taken on July 2019. NAME AND A NUMBER ON BACK

Check in the amount of $1,225, with the combined total from fees of Form I-485 and Biometrics Services Fee, made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. UP

Copy of passport identity page, U.S. Visa and entry stamp. (ONLY K1 STAMP NEEDED).

PHOTOCopy of Marriage Certificate

Form G-1145 to request E-Notification. UP

MISSING:

DS3025

2.       Form I-864, Affidavit of Support signed by Justin Paul Martin, Sponsor and Petitioner

Includes:

Justin’s Passport, Birth Certificate and Driver's License copies ONLY NEED ONE COPY OF US CITIZENSHIP OR LPR STATUS

Tax Return for year 2016 2017 2018 copy ONLY 2018 IS REQUIRED, 2017 AND 2016 ARE OPTIONAL

Copies of sponsor’s pay stubs for several weeks IF SUBMITTING PAYSTUBS THE RECOMMENDED IS SIX MONTHS ACCORDING TO THE I864 INSTRUCTIONS. MY RECCOMENDATION IS AN EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER AS WELL IF YOU ARE USING YOUR PREDICTED 2019 INCOME IN QUESTION 7.

Copy of Justin's 2018 W-2 IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING 2017 AND 2016 TAX RETURNS AS YOU STATED ABOVE AND ARE NOT SUBMITTING RETURN TRANSCRIPTS ,YOU WILL NEED W2S FOR THOSE YEARS FOR THOSE TAXES TO BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE. THIS IS ALSO IN THE I864 INSTRUCTIONS 

NEW COVER LETTER

Includes:

2 passport style photographs taken on July 2019. NAME AND A NUMBER ON BACK AS BEFORE

Copy of passport identity page, U.S. Visa and entry stamp (ONLY K1 STAMP PHOTOCOPY NEEDED).

Form G-1145 to request E-Notification. NOT HERE, UP.

MISSING:

I797 NOA2 APPROVAL NOTICE

BIRTH CERTIFICATE 

PHOTOCOPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE 

NEW COVERLETTER

Includes:

A copy of Form I-94

MISSING:

I131 AND I765 NEED THE SAME FORMS SO DUPLICATES OF THE EDITS ABOVE FOR I765.

There are plenty of these posted in the group.

If you are unsure, please do a search using the VJ search bar for complete cover letter submissions.

20 minutes ago, eduardo12305 said:

so can i put that cover letter on the 3 applications like print 3 times that one

i am making 3 different packages same envelope

No. They are separate applications for different purposes. You are not applying for i485 with the same reason as the I765 application. 

Please read the link. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

IS this One better

To Whom It May Concern:

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

My eligibility is based on the family-based category as the spouse of Justin Paul Martin, U.S Citizen and petitioner of a I-129F.

Includes:

Check in the amount of $1,225, with the combined total from fees of Form I-485 and     Biometrics Services Fee, made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Copy of Form I-797 Noa2 Approval for Form I-129F.

2 passport style photographs taken on July 2019 (Name and A Number on back).

Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate

Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet Form DS 3025

Includes:

Copy of Justin’s Birth Certificate

Employment Verification Letter

Tax Return for most recent years copy

Copies of pay stubs for several weeks

Copy of Justin's 2016 - 2018 W-2’s

Thank you for your consideration of the attached application, and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions regarding this adjustment application packet.

And thank you for your help 

3 hours ago, eduardo12305 said:

IS this One better

To Whom It May Concern:

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Enclosed please find Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, (Form I-131 Application for Travel Document, and Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization) <<<<<no this is on a separate cover letter and all supporting documents.

My eligibility is based on the family-based category as the spouse of Justin Paul Martin, U.S Citizen and petitioner of a I-129F.

Includes:

Check in the amount of $1,225, with the combined total from fees of Form I-485 and     Biometrics Services Fee, made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Copy of Form I-797 Noa2 Approval for Form I-129F.

2 passport style photographs taken on July 2019 (Name and A Number on back).

Copy of passport identity page, U.S. Visa and entry stamps. (You dont need a your entry stamps, only the K1)

Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate (You dont need to submit Certified copies of the MC. Only a Photocopy. One for each I485, I765, I131)

Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet Form DS 3025

Includes:

Copy of Justin’s Birth Certificate

Employment Verification Letter

Tax Return for most recent years copy

Copies of pay stubs for several weeks (the i864 instructions state 6 months)

Copy of Justin's 2016 - 2018 W-2’s (if you are only submitting 2018 actual tax return forms, you only need 2018 W2s. If you submit the 2018 Return transcript, you only need the W2s IF that tax year you filed as Married Filing Jointly).

Thank you for your consideration of the attached application, and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions regarding this adjustment application packet.

And thank you for your help 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

I864 instructions:

"Item Numbers 23.a. - 25. Federal Income Tax Return Information. You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years. You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript or photocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official; a plain transcript or photocopy is acceptable. Do not submit copies of your state income tax returns. Do not submit any tax returns that you filed with any foreign government unless you claim that you were not required to file a Federal individual income tax return with the United States Government and you wish to rely on the foreign return solely to establish the amount of your income that is not subject to tax in the United States. If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income. If you selected Part 6., Item Number 2. that you are self-employed, you should have completed one of the following forms with your Federal income tax return: Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business), Schedule D (Capital Gains), Schedule E (Supplemental Income or Loss), or Schedule F (Profit or Loss from Farming). You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any, that you filed with your Federal income tax return."

Actual I864 form:

Screenshot_20190703-135413_OneDrive.jpg

Edited by K1visaHopeful

I485 instructions:

"Copies. You should submit legible photocopies of documents requested, unless the Instructions specifically state that you must submit an original document. USCIS may request an original document at the time of filing or at any time during processing of an application, petition, or request. If USCIS requests an original document from you, it will be returned to you after USCIS determines it no longer needs your original. NOTE: If you submit original documents when not required or requested by USCIS or the Immigration Court, your original documents may remain a part of the record, USCIS or the Immigration Court will not automatically return them to you, and your original documents may be immediately destroyed upon receipt."

I485 instructions again:

"Marriage Certificate and Other Proof of Relationship If you are filing Form I-485 as the derivative applicant spouse of the principal applicant, you generally must submit a photocopy of your marriage certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority where the marriage took place. Refugee derivative applicant spouses do not need to submit a photocopy of the marriage certificate. There are also some immigrant categories that require the principal applicant to submit a marriage certificate (for example, K-1 nonimmigrants (person admitted to the United States as a fiancé(e)), abused spouses and children under the Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA), Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act (HRIFA) dependents, and abused spouses and children under HRIFA). See the Additional Instructions for more category-specific information. If either party to this marriage was previously married, you must also submit evidence to prove the legal termination of any prior marriages, typically a divorce certificate or death certificate. If a required marriage certificate (or divorce certificate or death certificate) is unavailable or does not exist, you must demonstrate its unavailability/nonexistence and provide other acceptable evidence as explained above for birth certificates."

Please read all of the instructions and forms prior to filling out. 

You will save yourself alot of confusion and time here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, eduardo12305 said:

To Whom It May Concern:

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Includes:

Copy of Form 797C for Form I-129F filed on December 19th, 2016.

Check in the amount of $1,225, with the combined total from fees of Form I-485 and Biometrics Services Fee, made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Copy of Marriage Certificate

Includes:

Justin’s Passport, Birth Certificate and Driver's License copies

Tax Return for year 2016 2017 2018 copy

Copies of sponsor’s pay stubs for several weeks

Copy of Justin's 2018 W-2

Includes:

Includes:

A copy of Form I-94

AOS package

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Since you, the USC, are not the one Adjusting Status; however, your spouse is the one Adjusting Status, where is her name stated on your cover letter?

Consider including her name on the line, "Nature of Submission"......

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.