39 posts in this topic

Just now, HopeHopeHope said:

Thank you. is you application at California service center ?

Yes, it is currently awaiting adjudication at the CSC. So if you're also a Nov 2017 filter who's petition was forwarded there, it is not long before you'll get a "Your Case Status: Initial Review" update. I'm not sure why they are forwarding so many I-130 to the CSC and leaving many other service centers under utilized. Sometimes I wonder if it's political.  

10 minutes ago, vincentlina said:

Yes, it is currently awaiting adjudication at the CSC. So if you're also a Nov 2017 filter who's petition was forwarded there, it is not long before you'll get a "Your Case Status: Initial Review" update. I'm not sure why they are forwarding so many I-130 to the CSC and leaving many other service centers under utilized. Sometimes I wonder if it's political.  

Yes, I do not understand how the case load is shared when one service center is processing Dec 2018 and the other is in 2017. Also did you file for adjustment of status or consular processing ? 

8 minutes ago, HopeHopeHope said:

Yes, I do not understand how the case load is shared when one service center is processing Dec 2018 and the other is in 2017. Also did you file for adjustment of status or consular processing ? 

I initially wanted to file AOS, but after asking a few questions here, I was told I is illegal (or in violation of the B1/B2 visa conditions) that one must return back to their country of origin. My wife has a B1/B2 visa even before I filed a petition for her and has visited me several times here in the US, but some have said it is in contradiction to do so. Although I must also admit, I have also read other members here who have filed AOS from their spouse who have traveled to the US on their B1/B2, so take that for whatever it is worth. So I will await and do consular processing.

Edited by vincentlina

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

got approval 12 june its being 1 months no response fron nvc but visa bulletin is current
now what should i do now?? my wife called many times to nvc couldn't talk with rep ??

please help

Edited by atiqur rahman

On 7/8/2019 at 4:22 AM, atiqur rahman said:

got approval 12 june its being 1 months no response fron nvc but visa bulletin is current
now what should i do now?? my wife called many times to nvc couldn't talk with rep ??

please help

I heard it could even be 2 months with no response or even when you call, you have to be on the phone for hours to get a rep.  Think NVC will send you real mail for things it requests and interview date.

Is what I heard so you can double check with more experienced people.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:56 AM, Khushi Kaur said:

To long process my husband PD January 2018 waiting for approval now USCIS working October 2017

According to this https://www.am22tech.com/uscis/current-i130-processing-time-green-card-for-parents/, looks like USCIS has approved some Jan 2018 cases. So, hopefully your I-130 will be approved soon, and since PD is Current you may ( hopefully) be able to get your NVC done soon before the "current" status disappears ( expected to happen in Sep 2019). Wishing you the best !! 

6 hours ago, HopeHopeHope said:

According to this https://www.am22tech.com/uscis/current-i130-processing-time-green-card-for-parents/, looks like USCIS has approved some Jan 2018 cases. So, hopefully your I-130 will be approved soon, and since PD is Current you may ( hopefully) be able to get your NVC done soon before the "current" status disappears ( expected to happen in Sep 2019). Wishing you the best !! 

My case Transferred another office all january 2018 case transferred another office

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 7/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, UltimateForm said:

I heard it could even be 2 months with no response or even when you call, you have to be on the phone for hours to get a rep.  Think NVC will send you real mail for things it requests and interview date.

Is what I heard so you can double check with more experienced people.

thank you so much ❤️

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, vincentlina said:

I initially wanted to file AOS, but after asking a few questions here, I was told I is illegal (or in violation of the B1/B2 visa conditions) that one must return back to their country of origin. My wife has a B1/B2 visa even before I filed a petition for her and has visited me several times here in the US, but some have said it is in contradiction to do so. Although I must also admit, I have also read other members here who have filed AOS from their spouse who have traveled to the US on their B1/B2, so take that for whatever it is worth. So I will await and do consular processing.

I have similar case for my spouse we are doing consular processing! I heard there could be a denial on B1/B2 or even a bar from entering so We didn't take a chance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.