39 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 7/10/2019 at 10:14 AM, FAIQ SADIQ said:

No my mamu is sponsor

So in this case, I'm assuming he sponsored your mom (as a citizen can sponsor their siblings), and thats how the entire thing is being processed. Since he isnt an immediate relative (spouse, children, parent), thats why its taking its time. I wish you the very best :)

I am also in 221g administrative processing since 16 may 2019. I submitted the required evidence on the very same day. Uptill now CEAC shows two updates but still no response.  Does anyone know how much time they take in reviewing the submitted documents? On their website they say on average it takes 60 days but doesn't seem like it. I didn't get the questionnaire to fill out that takes a lot longer to review.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So guys , my Wife has filed my Petition in January 2018 , which was accepted later in the June 2018 . In October I got my Interview call for 5th December 2018 , which was later changed to 12th December . On the Interview the CO was very aggressive and rude in her behavior which makes me uncomfortable . Her Rude Attitude towards me was so visible that she Literally told me " This is not a Question & Answer session , you are not allowed to Ask any question " , later she told me things like " Why would you marry a White American who is Christian ? " and things like " In Pakistan people only do Arrange Marriages " . Somehow I feel that I am been Racially/Religiously discriminated by the CO . After the very unfriendly interview and harsh question in which i keep the cool head and responded all of her queries she later put my case under " Administrative Processing " by saying that I need a Joint Sponsor , She rejected my first Joint Sponsor who is happen to be brother of my Wife , She never open and see any Form or documents i bring , She casually saw wedding Pictures but demand more " Selfies " , I mean really ? Anyways , I came back with a Piece of Paper in which she marked 3 things for me . 1) Joint Sponsor 2) Chat History 3) more evidence for relationship .

I came back home , and within a Month i uploaded several Pages of our chat history and selfie Pictures on CEAC website , later in Feb 2019 I got a Questionnaire demanding more information regarding me , my siblings which i provided the very same day, and later in Feb 2019 I mail US embassy Islamabad All the Documents ( Joint Sponsor , Chat History , Additional Pictures ) and since than I hear nothing from the embassy , every time I try to send an inquiry they just " Update my Case " with no end in sight, this has been going on from some time now, after doing a little research I find out that according to US state Dept most of AP cases are resolved within 2 months, but for me its been 7 months since my Interview . Now my Wife is back in Pakistan and she is as much as frustrated as I am , Embassy is providing us that Automatically Generated response and nothing more . I don't know what is going on with my case, I personally have a strong feeling that it has something to do with my Wife been Caucasian American born girl , and me been Muslim and her been Christian . If anyone is facing the same problem please share with me, and also give me any idea how and what should i do to contact US embassy Islamabad ? 

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/4/2019 at 10:25 AM, FAIQ SADIQ said:

My family case is on administrative process since june 2018 and in between it went to expiring soon but yesterday it become again administrative process according to caec

Same we are in AP from june 2018 and its says expired soon on 13 june 2019 and its changes back in AP on 11 july 2019     

Our viza category is F3 family immigration my mother is principal applicant and we have done with DNA and additional documents 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Zeeshan ch said:

Same we are in AP from june 2018 and its says expired soon on 13 june 2019 and its changes back in AP on 11 july 2019     

Our viza category is F3 family immigration my mother is principal applicant and we have done with DNA and additional documents 

@Zeeshan ch - In cases like yours it takes more time. My cousins have done the same & it takes a couple of years. Hope it resolves soon. Inshallah

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

@Zeeshan ch - In cases like yours it takes more time. My cousins have done the same & it takes a couple of years. Hope it resolves soon. Inshallah

Did they get there vizas or not?approved or not?

Timeline
Just now, Zeeshan ch said:

Did they get there vizas or not?approved or not?

Yes they did. Yours will too. But it will take time. They sort our cases priority wise. Your may or may not happen this year..... its always best to be mentally prepared.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

Yes they did. Yours will too. But it will take time. They sort our cases priority wise. Your may or may not happen this year..... its always best to be mentally prepared.

I agree with you priority date is current previous year😢 our priority date is 5 November 2005 and interview is in 12-june-2018 on that time priority date is current i  know case is complicated it takes time but how much time its 14 month in AP done with all the stuff dna additional documents our passports are within the consulate on the day of interview i wish mine will too issued soon inshallah now its going 8-march-2007 as per july viza bulletins

Edited by Zeeshan ch

• 3 weeks later...

My case is EB2 (NIW).

My immigrant visa interview was held on May 28, 2019. The next day they emailed me to send 'Updated CV' and 'Travelling history' to US embassy in Islamabad. I sent the next day via SpeedEx. 

Me and my wife are placed on Administrative Processing since our interview. We were handed over 221(g) form. They also kept our passports.

On July 31, 2019 I sent an inquiry to CAEC to see if they received the documents, however I didn't get any reply from them. Please tell me what I should do?

Immigration officer gave me 221 G Required domicile ( Islamabad Embassy). My mother is US citizen. I am submitting following documents.

Neutralization certificate

US passport

Pictures Showing she lives in USA

Boarding pass

Stamp in passport entry in USA

State ID

Voter ID

She have not bank account,property & driving license.

Is these documents are enough for domicile? Kindly guide me.

Thank you

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dallas1 said:

Immigration officer gave me 221 G Required domicile ( Islamabad Embassy). My mother is US citizen. I am submitting following documents.

Neutralization certificate

US passport

Pictures Showing she lives in USA

Boarding pass

Stamp in passport entry in USA

State ID

Voter ID

She have not bank account,property & driving license.

Is these documents are enough for domicile? Kindly guide me.

Thank you

Can you tell me a bit about your background? Your mother is a U.S. citizen and she has sponsored you? If that's the case and you are over 21 years of age, it will happen, just will need a little time. They are asking for your mothers proof of domicile..... Okay so proof of domicile is basically to show that your mother lives in the United States and is paying tax as a local citizen. In order to prove her domicile , she did submit the right documents.... Excluding, the naturalization certificate and passport. That is not really needed.

- Voter registration card is good.

- Did she file her taxes? Those papers count.

- State ID card is good. Driving license doesn't matter if she has an ID. It's the same.

- Pictures showing she lives there are good.

- Its okay, if she doesn't have a property there. But wherever she is living, can she add her name to the lease? That will show that she has a place to live and her name is on the house / apartment documents?

- If she doesn't have a bank account, she should have one. One letter coming in mail saying that XYZ has a bank account.... just scan and upload that bank letter is good enough.If she adds money to the account and makes small transactions that will be good enough. Because the monthly bank statement will show her name, her address and details of her card using.

- If she shared her boarding pass, passport stamp, that is also great.

- She can go to any public library and get a library card on her name. Its free. That is also a solid proof of being a local citizen.

I'm just throwing out easy and doable suggestions which can add as a proof of domicile and may help you in your case.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. Best of luck. Cheers!

Timeline
On 8/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, BH1570 said:

My case is EB2 (NIW).

My immigrant visa interview was held on May 28, 2019. The next day they emailed me to send 'Updated CV' and 'Travelling history' to US embassy in Islamabad. I sent the next day via SpeedEx. 

Me and my wife are placed on Administrative Processing since our interview. We were handed over 221(g) form. They also kept our passports.

On July 31, 2019 I sent an inquiry to CAEC to see if they received the documents, however I didn't get any reply from them. Please tell me what I should do?

Since how long you have been in Administrative Processing? My husbands case took 90 days. If they have kept the passport, thats a good sign. The CO took my husbands passport on April 17, 2019 and we got it back on August 1, 2019.

10 hours ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

Can you tell me a bit about your background? Your mother is a U.S. citizen and she has sponsored you? If that's the case and you are over 21 years of age, it will happen, just will need a little time. They are asking for your mothers proof of domicile..... Okay so proof of domicile is basically to show that your mother lives in the United States and is paying tax as a local citizen. In order to prove her domicile , she did submit the right documents.... Excluding, the naturalization certificate and passport. That is not really needed.

- Voter registration card is good.

- Did she file her taxes? Those papers count.

- State ID card is good. Driving license doesn't matter if she has an ID. It's the same.

- Pictures showing she lives there are good.

- Its okay, if she doesn't have a property there. But wherever she is living, can she add her name to the lease? That will show that she has a place to live and her name is on the house / apartment documents?

- If she doesn't have a bank account, she should have one. One letter coming in mail saying that XYZ has a bank account.... just scan and upload that bank letter is good enough.If she adds money to the account and makes small transactions that will be good enough. Because the monthly bank statement will show her name, her address and details of her card using.

- If she shared her boarding pass, passport stamp, that is also great.

- She can go to any public library and get a library card on her name. Its free. That is also a solid proof of being a local citizen.

I'm just throwing out easy and doable suggestions which can add as a proof of domicile and may help you in your case.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. Best of luck. Cheers!

Thank You for ur valuable suggetions.
Actually i am in F2B category.
My Mother is dependent on son in law (Daamad).
That'is why she have no earnings & bank account.

11 hours ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

Since how long you have been in Administrative Processing? My husbands case took 90 days. If they have kept the passport, thats a good sign. The CO took my husbands passport on April 17, 2019 and we got it back on August 1, 2019.

Congratulation for getting back the passport. I am on AP since May 28,  2019. Around two and a half months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.