9 posts in this topic

Hello guys. I have a similar situation to that of lonelybuthopeful. I came to the US 5 years ago and met my husband in Aug 2018. We got married in Mar 2019 and I moved to Arizona with him. He was the kindest and most caring guy you could ask for. He filed the I130 and I485, I864  and i765 in April 2019. 

In June 2019, things began to go south. I found out that he was cheating on me by flying girls from out of state to Arizona and leaving for weeks. I told him I feel like he is having an affair and he told me to leave his apartment and leave his keys on the counter because he doesn’t want someone who doesn’t trust him.  He’ll leave for a week and leave only $50 to get groceries. I’ve lost so much weight since June, over 10lbs. He started creating unnecessary arguments. He’s been saying this is not going to work and calling for an annulment or divorce and threatens to withdraw the paperwork. I’ve been so stressed, emotionally, financially, and mentally. He even forces me to have sex with him.

He just told me I have to leave tomorrow and I should start packing my things because this is not my home as my name is not on anything. He said if I don’t leave tomorrow he’ll do things the “harder” way. I’m fearful. I think he may call the cops or even ICE on me or even hurt me. I don’t have anywhere to go. What to do? Please help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you need to find a shelter.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post and one reply split off to it's own thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

1 hour ago, Dordor1 said:

Hello guys. I have a similar situation to that of lonelybuthopeful. I came to the US 5 years ago and met my husband in Aug 2018. We got married in Mar 2019 and I moved to Arizona with him. He was the kindest and most caring guy you could ask for. He filed the I130 and I485, I864  and i765 in April 2019. 

In June 2019, things began to go south. I found out that he was cheating on me by flying girls from out of state to Arizona and leaving for weeks. I told him I feel like he is having an affair and he told me to leave his apartment and leave his keys on the counter because he doesn’t want someone who doesn’t trust him.  He’ll leave for a week and leave only $50 to get groceries. I’ve lost so much weight since June, over 10lbs. He started creating unnecessary arguments. He’s been saying this is not going to work and calling for an annulment or divorce and threatens to withdraw the paperwork. I’ve been so stressed, emotionally, financially, and mentally. He even forces me to have sex with him.

He just told me I have to leave tomorrow and I should start packing my things because this is not my home as my name is not on anything. He said if I don’t leave tomorrow he’ll do things the “harder” way. I’m fearful. I think he may call the cops or even ICE on me or even hurt me. I don’t have anywhere to go. What to do? Please help.

My prayers is with you my dear. I’m so sorry. As they suggested go to shelter. But before that what I suggest is speak with a lawyer before you leave the house. If he call caps on you good for you. Gather any informations as you could carefully. You might be eligible for  VAWA I-360 (but I’m not sure) If there is a lawyer here please help her out. My God help you. 

Please join the other thread 

“VAWA 14” and post this. It might help you as well 

59 minutes ago, Lola_lalo said:

My prayers is with you my dear. I’m so sorry. As they suggested go to shelter. But before that what I suggest is speak with a lawyer before you leave the house. If he call caps on you good for you. Gather any informations as you could carefully. You might be eligible for  VAWA I-360 (but I’m not sure) If there is a lawyer here please help her out. My God help you. 

Please join the other thread 

“VAWA 14” and post this. It might help you as well 

VAWA, Part 14

repost it there and there is a blessed lawyer @sandranj she will advise you. 

Blessings 

Hope I’m posting this at the right place. Lola_lalo. And thank you 🙏 

He just told me I have to leave tomorrow and I should start packing my things because this is not my home as my name is not on anything. He said if I don’t leave tomorrow he’ll do things the “harder” way. I’m fearful. I think he may call the cops or even ICE on me or even hurt me. I don’t have anywhere to go. What to do? Please help.

Hello again. My husband pushed me and slapped me on my arm and grabbed my laptop from me and I asked me when I am going to pack and leave. I said why are you hitting me then he turned around and started to record crazy things on his phone saying I’m pushing him and abusing him. Omg, I couldn’t believe he did that. I called the cops and told them  what he did to me but they said there is no physical evidence and they cannot do anything. They left just like that. And I’m left feeling like a lost child. Help please.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

DorDor1 - ask for a temporary restraining order and allocation of marital home to you but meanwhile go to a shelter. Your safety is a priority. If you can bare another night and feel safe enough, gather all the necessary documents or copies you need for divorce proceedings and immigration. Marriage certificate, income statements, joint bank accounts, pictures and all the documents you may need in the future but have a hard time getting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Locking thread as Dordor1 has joined the VAWA thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.