Loup

For those who undergone sputum exam

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would just like to share my experiences to my fellow K1 visa holder who undergone sputum test of what to expect when your in the US already, Just some ideas or awareness. 

After a week of my arrival here in America my husband(fiancé before) received a call from the health district of the county where we live in, Washington State.

She informed my husband that they got my medical report exam and that it shows there that their was a problem in my chest xray and I had undergone sputum test in Phil. They ask to see me and bring with me any medical result Ive had from  St.Lukes. The following day I went to the health district gave my name to the receptionist. She just ask for my chest xray cd and informed me that they will send the xray cd to there doctor for reading and further evaluation and that they will just contact me again of there decision. After 1 week my husband  received another call from the health district telling him that my chest xray was okay and in order for them to finalize everything they would just need to take some blood samples from me. We booked for an appointment the following week for the blood extraction.

I went back to the health district for the blood extraction( Quantiferon TB) and have some medical history taken by the nurse. The nurse explained to me the process and what to expect depending on the results of the blood test. If the result is negative, which usually takes 3 days, they will call me and they will make a medical certificate that Im negative of tuberculosis,If the results will take a week it probably  means that its positive and I should do another chest xray, she gave me a paper with the list and directions  of the clinics or hospital where I can do the chest xray near the area where I live.

Luckily 🙏 we received a good news after 3 days , the nurse informed us that all my result were negative. After 2 days I received in the mail my certification of evaluation or treatment completion. Its stated there my blood test and chest xray  isnormal and Ive not been infected or expose to any TB bacteria.

Disclaimer: Im not saying this will happen to all  visa holders that had problems on there chest xrays and undergone sputum exam,  some might even have undergone a  different experiences on how they got tested or re evaluated here in the States. Im just sharing my experiences. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Loup said:

I would just like to share my experiences to my fellow K1 visa holder who undergone sputum test of what to expect when your in the US already, Just some ideas or awareness. 

After a week of my arrival here in America my husband(fiancé before) received a call from the health district of the county where we live in, Washington State.

She informed my husband that they got my medical report exam and that it shows there that their was a problem in my chest xray and I had undergone sputum test in Phil. They ask to see me and bring with me any medical result Ive had from  St.Lukes. The following day I went to the health district gave my name to the receptionist. She just ask for my chest xray cd and informed me that they will send the xray cd to there doctor for reading and further evaluation and that they will just contact me again of there decision. After 1 week my husband  received another call from the health district telling him that my chest xray was okay and in order for them to finalize everything they would just need to take some blood samples from me. We booked for an appointment the following week for the blood extraction.

I went back to the health district for the blood extraction( Quantiferon TB) and have some medical history taken by the nurse. The nurse explained to me the process and what to expect depending on the results of the blood test. If the result is negative, which usually takes 3 days, they will call me and they will make a medical certificate that Im negative of tuberculosis,If the results will take a week it probably  means that its positive and I should do another chest xray, she gave me a paper with the list and directions  of the clinics or hospital where I can do the chest xray near the area where I live.

Luckily 🙏 we received a good news after 3 days , the nurse informed us that all my result were negative. After 2 days I received in the mail my certification of evaluation or treatment completion. Its stated there my blood test and chest xray  isnormal and Ive not been infected or expose to any TB bacteria.

Disclaimer: Im not saying this will happen to all  visa holders that had problems on there chest xrays and undergone sputum exam,  some might even have undergone a  different experiences on how they got tested or re evaluated here in the States. Im just sharing my experiences. 

We had to do the same thing and received the same results as you.  No TB.  This is normal procedure when someone had to go through sputum testing overseas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.