Jump to content

K1 denied now looking into CR1 (split)

32 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

On 7/9/2019 at 9:38 PM, O&GForever said:

The person asking the question actually created this feed so they aren't hijacking it. 


She can't change her name in Ghana. Changing her maiden name has nothing to do with where she got married. She has to go through the Social Security Office to get it legally changed, which will require her showing them a copy of the marriage license. Once that's done and she has her new social security card, she'll need to change things like her drivers license at the DMV, her passport, credit cards, bank account, bills, etc. Most of the changes are free...passport and drivers license are not. It took me about 6-8 weeks to get everything changed and several required me going to the offices in person. 

Please can you give me a guide on how to go about the letter of support. A sample will help me a lot. Thank you. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 8:17 PM, Mrs Oduro said:

I won’t say they don’t understand culture actually they do ... the traditional marriage in Ghana is the real cultural marriage in Ghana except u want to add the court or church wedding so to the CO if u take any traditional marriage pix then u r married .. Ghana traditional marriage which some call engagement isn’t the same in the states that’s y they take it very serious here 😊

LOL yes they do understand different cultures and unfortunately they check closely in several countries to see if the couples slipped an “engagement” ceremony in during the process.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...