A.Na.

DS-160, professional, social or charitable organizations(merged)

23 posts in this topic

Just now, A.Na. said:

Yes, it was given the accreditation in 2016

Wow, good for them (and you). At any rate, I still don't think you can get a license to practice Pharmacy with a Bachelor Degree. But like I said, check with the State Board of Pharmacy of the State where you intend to live. They may have some ways. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

Wow, good for them (and you). At any rate, I still don't think you can get a license to practice Pharmacy with a Bachelor Degree. But like I said, check with the State Board of Pharmacy of the State where you intend to live. They may have some ways. 

Okay. Thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Please do not start a new thread related questions. It is best to keep them to one thread for members to give the best advice.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Ontarkie changed the title to DS-160, professional, social or charitable organizations(merged)
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

That is not necessarily correct. It depends on a lot of things including the State you want to practice in. Each state has their own set of requirements, including intern hours, and examinations that must be passed prior to issuing a pharmacist license. BS degreed pharmacists can certainly still practice in at least three states that I am aware. I say that without hesitation because that describes my current credential to practice pharmacy, and has been for over 38 years. ;)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

1 hour ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

BS degreed pharmacists can certainly still practice in at least three states that I am aware. I say that without hesitation because that describes my current credential to practice pharmacy, and has been for over 38 years. 

I understand that. Certainly there are BS degree pharmacists praticing in many states currently . You have been grandfathered in. There are 5 registered pharmacists with BS degree right now at my work but they all graduated in the 80s. What I’m saying is since around 2005, you have to have a PharmD in order to take the Board, which pretty much mean only PharmDs can get new licenses issued to them. Of course if you already have a license then you’re just grandfathered in and can keep renewing your license.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-a-pharmd-1736265

What’s new to me University of Jordan School of Pharmacy is now somehow US accredited. I have no idea how that works.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As with many things related to pharmacy laws, they are primarily governed by the individual States.Here is the pertinent licensing requirements to practice pharmacy in the State of Washington:

Pharmacist

License Requirements

Chapter 18.64 RCW

Chapter 246-863 and 246-861 WAC

Educational and experience training

ACPE Graduate – Original License: Applicants for a pharmacist license must be at least 18 years of age; and hold a baccalaureate or doctorate degree in pharmacy from a school or college or pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Official transcripts sent directly from the school or college or pharmacy must show documentation of the degree earned.

REF: https://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/Pharmacist/LicenseRequirements (emphasis added)

The reality is that US Colleges of Pharmay are only graduating PharmD level candidates.

YMMV.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.