A.Na.

DS-160, professional, social or charitable organizations(merged)

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello

Regarding Ds-160 question: 

"Have you belonged to, contributed to, worked for a professional, social or charitable organization" 

Does this include Labor union?, for example,  I am a pharmacist, and I am a member of pharmacist association /representative organization. Should this be listed?  

Also when I was a student a volunteered with a pharmacists student association, would this also count? 

Timeline

How to answer the following questions: 

-"Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccination in accordance with us law?"

-"are you a health care worker seeking to perform such work in the United states but have not yet received certification on graduates of foreign nursing schools or from an equivalent approved independent credentialing organization?"  

Knowing that I am a pharmacist. But I haven't been certified to work in USA yet. 

22 minutes ago, A.Na. said:

-"Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccination in accordance with us law?"

How do I know if you have documents that you received vaccination? Do you? Normally, you go to the medical and they give you those documents

23 minutes ago, A.Na. said:

are you a health care worker seeking to perform such work in the United states but have not yet received certification on graduates of foreign nursing schools or from an equivalent approved independent credentialing organization?"  

Knowing that I am a pharmacist. But I haven't been certified to work in USA yet. 

I would say yes. Note, you have to be a PharmD to practice pharmacy in the US. 

24 minutes ago, A.Na. said:

-"Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccination in accordance with us law?

Do you have your vaccine records? If not, you should get them, and if you do not have the required vaccinations, you need to then go get those. :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

How do I know if you have documents that you received vaccination? Do you? Normally, you go to the medical and they give you those documents

I would say yes. Note, you have to be a PharmD to practice pharmacy in the US. 

I don't have vaccination but I will have the required vaccination upon medical exam,  should I say No, and put my explanation abd willingness to take them?

Also I am not pharmD, I will have the exams required to be an equivalent once I am in USA

3 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Do you have your vaccine records? If not, you should get them, and if you do not have the required vaccinations, you need to then go get those. :)

I don't have any records, so should I answer No, and explain that I will have the required vaccination upon my medical exam?

2 minutes ago, A.Na. said:

I don't have vaccination but I will have the required vaccination upon medical exam,  should I say No, and put my explanation abd willingness to take them?

Is it possible for you to get them before the exam? That may be the easier way to avoid problems.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, A.Na. said:

Also I am not pharmD, I will have the exams required to be an equivalent once I am in USA

you will have your medical exams before the interview so is yes.

42 minutes ago, A.Na. said:

Hello

Regarding Ds-160 question: 

"Have you belonged to, contributed to, worked for a professional, social or charitable organization" 

Does this include Labor union?, for example,  I am a pharmacist, and I am a member of pharmacist association /representative organization. Should this be listed?  

Also when I was a student a volunteered with a pharmacists student association, would this also count? 

Yes, you can put all of that. I am a member of ISPE (International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineer) and AAPS (American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists)  and I think I put those on all my applications with USCIS

15 minutes ago, A.Na. said:

I will have the exams required to be an equivalent once I am in USA

I am not 100% familiar with the requirements anymore, but I don't think it's just 1 test. You might be required to take classes. Each state in the US has a State Board of Pharmacy that regulates pharmacists and issue licenses to pharmacist. You have to contact the state Board where you intend to live to ask them what the requirements are for a foreign pharmacist. They have to do an evaluation. Your degree has to be equivalent to the PharmD degree in the US. I know some places such as India, you only need a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy to practice, however, those are not equivalent to the PharmD in the US and they have to go back to school 4 years if they want to get a PharmD. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

I am not 100% familiar with the requirements anymore, but I don't think it's just 1 test. You might be required to take classes. Each state in the US has a State Board of Pharmacy that regulates pharmacists and issue licenses to pharmacist. You have to contact the state Board where you intend to live to ask them what the requirements are for a foreign pharmacist. They have to do an evaluation. Your degree has to be equivalent to the PharmD degree in the US. I know some places such as India, you only need a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy to practice, however, those are not equivalent to the PharmD in the US and they have to go back to school 4 years if they want to get a PharmD. 

I know that I have to go through 5 examinations, I graduated from US accredited school of pharmacy, I believe that those examinations will be enough. But I will ask for sure. Thank you! 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Is it possible for you to get them before the exam? That may be the easier way to avoid problems.

I don't know what vaccination I have received or what I have not. This is why I'm waiting for the authorized physician judgment. Because a girl I know applied for Spouse visa, didn't have record, and on medical examination they decided she doesn't need any. My country is Jordan. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

But you don't have a PharmD? When did you graduate? All Schools of Pharmacy are supposed to confer only PharmDs after around 2004 or so

No, I have bachelor in pharmacy, graduated from school of pharmacy/University of Jordan

i will have to ask again, I have a friend who's going through those examinations, this is why I thought I can do it too, she's also not a PharmD. But as you said, it is better to ask. 

Just now, A.Na. said:

No, I have bachelor in pharmacy, graduated from school of pharmacy/University of Jordan

i will have to ask again, I have a friend who's going through those examinations, this is why I thought I can do it too, she's also not a PharmD. But as you said, it is better to ask. 

I graduated in 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.